OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   Need two schedules...Please (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=166179)

Oxydizer 06-08-2008 01:07 PM

Need two schedules...Please

Hi, I am in need of two schedules. The first one is for a Pacific Coast League set up, 1 league, 3 divisions, 1 division with 6 teams and 2 divisions with 4 teams. Total games is 154. I think this league is set up for no interleague play since it's only 1 league. LOL and is a balanced schedule, Need an allstar game for this league anything else I don't care about.

The second schedule would be for a NY-Penn League set up, 1 league, 3 divisions, first division has 4 teams, second division has 6 teams and third division has 4 teams. no interleague and balanced schedule. the total number of games played per team needs to be 96, 86 or 70 preferably 96 if possible. no all star game

Thanks in advance for anyone who can make these two schedules for me.

Bob

gmo 06-08-2008 02:13 PM

Balanced is fine, in which case the division structure does not really matter.

However, with one subleague and an odd number of divisions the game (at least as of OOTP2007/OOTP8) will not give an All-Star Game. I found that out the hard way when it did not appear in my 1-subleague, 5-division league.

One other question though - when do you want the these schedules to start? Same sort of dates that the PCL & NYPL do?

Oxydizer 06-08-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmo (Post 2494684)
Balanced is fine, in which case the division structure does not really matter.

However, with one subleague and an odd number of divisions the game (at least as of OOTP2007/OOTP8) will not give an All-Star Game. I found that out the hard way when it did not appear in my 1-subleague, 5-division league.

One other question though - when do you want the these schedules to start? Same sort of dates that the PCL & NYPL do?

Thats ok on the all star game, it wont make a big difference anyways. The start date is fine the way you put it, just as the real PCL and NYPL leagues start. Thanks for your help !!!:)

gmo 06-09-2008 12:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, one down. Check it out and let me know if there are any problems. Also see the top of the file for some notes.

Oxydizer 06-09-2008 07:19 AM

Yes, I did get an error and the schedule would not load because of something to do with the structure. My mistake, this is for the International League, but the structure is the same 6,4,4. I dont see why I got an error the structure for the schedule and that league appear to be the same.

Oxydizer 06-09-2008 08:21 AM

Hey GMO,

Not sure what the problem here is as I am not familiar with making schedules, but I tried loading the schedule you made into leagues with the following division structures 6,4,4., 4,6,4., and 4,4,6. And I kept on getting the same error message that the structure of the schedule and the league in which I was trying to load it into did not match. The schedule you made should have loaded into the league with the 6,4,4 structure, don't know why it didn't.

gmo 06-10-2008 12:01 AM

Okay, I replaced the attachment above with one that should work. The game for some reason was not liking the SL1_D1_T6_D2_T4_D3_T4 specification, so since it is a balanced schedule I changed it to the more generic T14 since the division layout does not matter. Thus it should also work for the other divisional configurations. At least manually loading them should be fine - I am not completely sure on them automatically loading.

Again let me know if there are any troubles.

gmo 06-10-2008 12:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here is the second file. It is set up like the revised file above.

Oxydizer 06-10-2008 06:32 AM

Hey GMO,

OK they both work, I didn't notice that you had changed the file above and it took me a while to figure out what you did. Thank you very much for the schedules GMO!!!

Le Grande Orange 06-11-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxydizer (Post 2495917)
OK they both work, I didn't notice that you had changed the file above and it took me a while to figure out what you did. Thank you very much for the schedules GMO!!!

The game is picky about the settings in the file name, the settings inside the file, and the settings chosen for the league. These all have to match or else the game won't import the schedule file.

I ran into this myself when trying to import a schedule file to test. I forgot I had changed one of the settings.

The critical factors that need to match are: a) number of games; b) balanced or unbalanced; c) interleague play or not; d) league structure including subleagues. A league with four divisions of 4 teams is not the same as a league with two subleagues each having two 4-team divisions, even though the total number of teams is the same in each (16).

gmo 06-11-2008 09:25 PM

This case was really weird though because I could not make sense of why the game would not accept the SL1_D1_T6_D2_T4_D3_T4. I tested it and could not get it to load. Just changing to the T14 then worked. Maybe there is something with the balanced schedules and/or the 3-division configuration? I do not remember.

Since it is balanced, having the T14 then allows it to work for all the 644, 464, and 446 layouts, so I guess that is good.