OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 16 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3891)
-   -   MLB License Doesn't Include Historical Uni's? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=253521)

OldFatGuy 04-05-2015 10:50 PM

MLB License Doesn't Include Historical Uni's?

Just now got to trying an historical league, picked the 1969 Washington Senators, and..... no Senators uniforms.

Noticed some of the other teams did have uniforms (but I'm not sure if they were the 1969 version or not as I only checked a couple) but noticed the Seattle Pilots also didn't have uniforms.

Was I supposed to download something else to get the uniforms?? I thought I read somewhere that the new license included all historical teams, but I guess not???

ADDED: Okay, I just looked at the Cleveland Indians, and that was definitely not the 1969 Indians uniform. So I assume the license doesn't do anything for historical players?

ADDED2: Never mind, I just re-read the newsletter and noticed it only mentioned historical LOGOS, not uniforms. My bad.

Can a mod delete this thread for me?

Déjà Bru 04-06-2015 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by OldFatGuy (Post 3847259)
Can a mod delete this thread for me?

NO! You must be held up for example, OFG, and made to suffer ridicule for your naïveté! :mad:

Seriously, I thought the same thing but no, there are no historical unis in this game. Perhaps there should be? Because, it's kind of disturbing to be setting up 1901 MLB and having the Baltimore Orioles show up in this!

Dargone 04-06-2015 09:02 PM

I think Markus said next year?

Déjà Bru 04-06-2015 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dargone (Post 3847887)
I think Markus said next year?

If so, I luv Markus. :flowers:

Bigrod 04-07-2015 06:48 AM

It was one of those time permitting things that wasn't this year..not at first anyway.

Déjà Bru 04-07-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigrod (Post 3848103)
It was one of those time permitting things that wasn't this year..not at first anyway.

On the one hand, modders have already done much of the work, and it's in the improved uni-style of recent years. On the other hand, however, is it me or do I detect a slight problem in using those old-style uni mods in this version of OOTPB? Something about necklines appearing through the layer applied to show old-style unis with collars and such?

Anybody else see this? It troubles me enough for me to explore and discover justafan's ballcap and jersey creators so I can make new ones for myself. I am still shaking my head in amazement over this guy providing those utilities free of cost, for the love of the hobby and the game. Simply amazing.

Biggio509 04-07-2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Déjà Bru (Post 3847891)
If so, I luv Markus. :flowers:

they are easy to download. OOTP Mods has the historical uniforms from 1901 to 2014 already in the format where the game will auto load them.

The Wolf 04-07-2015 11:46 AM

You should post the link.

Biggio509 04-07-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wolf (Post 3848265)
You should post the link.

FaceGen | OOTPmods.com

Near the bottom under historical is Gambo's uniforms.
Historical MLB Ballcaps Compilation Gambo 2013-04-22 60.9 MB Info
Historical MLB Jerseys Compilation Gambo 2013-04-22 148.5 MB Info

Also there is
MLB Compiled Uniform Pack (1901-2011)
Compilation submitted by Gambo. Includes the work of Gambo, acetonic, fhomness, Matter2003,
No Pepper, reds1, Cooleyvol, Gem44, Comedian2004 and Athletics14 All 2011-03-05 76.4 MB

The later has options but be aware since it is a compilation you sometimes get multiple uniforms for the same years. After you put them in your caps and jerseys folder you may have to go through and eliminate the jerseys and caps you don't want to make sure the game doesn't load the wrong one.

If you play 19th century with the real teams instead of the quasi historical 19th century in the game here are the unis.

19th Century Uniform Pack

These are not coded to the current system to autoload but it includes a tracking spreadsheet that makes it easy to code them. This isn't a ton of work because teams typically wear the same unis for a long while in the 19th century.

Logos are here.

Logos | OOTPmods.com

Historical MLB Logos Compilation Gambo 2013-04-22 5.4 MB Info

NB: If you don't want the historic controversial Braves and Indians logos these are in here.

I would suggest a custom folder for these if you want to use them so the game doesn't override them with the default files.

damonrusst 04-07-2015 11:40 PM

Gambo's unis are the best and they load automatically.

damonrusst 04-07-2015 11:41 PM

He even had My Seattle Pilots. I've won 2 then lost 6 straight since I downloaded them, was hoping they'd bring me better luck. That's my only complaint though.

Amazin69 10-26-2017 11:54 PM

Resurrecting this thread because it's the closest I could find to the topic in a board-search; apologies if this has already been covered for v.18, elsewhere.

I can't find the historical uniform/ballcap/logo mods anywhere on the OOTPMods server, and the link provided by Biggio509, upthread ^, now only goes to a page that tells you how to install said server. No mods from Gambo listed, as indicated in that post. And while there are "historical uniform compilation.rar" files available (ditto for ballcaps and logos), they show corrupted data after downloading and won't unzip.

I know we've had these before…could some kind soul let me know where they are hiding nowadays? Thanks in advance.