OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 14 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3858)
-   -   Issue with Importing Players (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=242002)

OBSL Commish 03-30-2014 07:30 PM

Issue with Importing Players

I had to import a couple of players from the MLB quickstart rosters to my online league's rosters to fill out a couple of 40-man rosters. I exported the MLB QS rosters to a text file, opened it with Excel, and copied and pasted the players into my online league rosters, which are in .csv format. I then saved the .csv file to my online league's import/export folder and imported the updated rosters. The players imported, no problem. Hoever, after that, I did a database purge because I had recently gone through the database and gotten rid of a bunch of fictional players and retirees. When I went back into my league, those players I had imported had disappeared. So, I went back through the same process of importing them, only this time the importing didn't work. The game says the rosters imported correctly but the players don't show up. I tried this several times but with no success. Did the purge database function do something to prevent this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Ike348 03-30-2014 09:34 PM

Check the player IDs. You can't edit the roster csv to add a player if there is no player already in the game with the same ID.

What I do is create x amount of fictional players if I want to copy over x amount of players from a different roster file. Export the rosters for both leagues, and edit the players to import's IDs to match the fictional players. Delete (or paste over) the fictional players and paste the MLB players in their spot.

OBSL Commish 03-30-2014 09:41 PM

Yeah I forgot to add that I checked the player IDs so that there aren't duplicates when I try to import them. I'll try the way you suggested and see if that works. Thanks.

Ike348 03-30-2014 10:05 PM

Issue with Importing Players

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBSL Commish (Post 3666483)
Yeah I forgot to add that I checked the player IDs so that there aren't duplicates when I try to import them. I'll try the way you suggested and see if that works. Thanks.

Duplicates aren't the issue (well, they can be, but it's not the most important). Importing a player with an ID of 1001 when the highest player ID before the roster export is 1000 is.

OBSL Commish 03-30-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike348 (Post 3666491)
Duplicates aren't the issue (well, they can be, but it's not the most important). Importing a player with an ID of 1001 when the highest player ID before the roster export is 1000 is.

Why is that?

Ike348 03-31-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBSL Commish (Post 3666496)
Why is that?

Because it doesn't recognize new IDs through a roster import. That is why when you purged the DB, it got rid of the players. You have to create the new players in-game and essentially edit them by copying over the new players.

Lukas Berger 03-31-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike348 (Post 3666827)
Because it doesn't recognize new IDs through a roster import. That is why when you purged the DB, it got rid of the players. You have to create the new players in-game and essentially edit them by copying over the new players.

Yeah, you're right about that.

OBSL, dunno if you have your old PM's saved, if so I'm pretty sure I explained the whole deal with the id's and importing etc to you in a PM a while ago. You may want to look it up as I'm too busy/lazy to go into the whole explanation again.

Short version, you can't mix and match id's from multiple dbs. When adding new players you have to overwrite players who are already in the db and who have ids already assigned.

OBSL Commish 03-31-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukasberger (Post 3666829)
Yeah, you're right about that.

OBSL, dunno if you have your old PM's saved, if so I'm pretty sure I explained the whole deal with the id's and importing etc to you in a PM a while ago. You may want to look it up as I'm too busy/lazy to go into the whole explanation again.

Short version, you can't mix and match id's from multiple dbs. When adding new players you have to overwrite players who are already in the db and who have ids already assigned.

Yeah, I do remember doing all that. I just thought since the imported players' IDs were within the ID parameters of my database, that they would import fine. Thanks for the help, guys!

OBSL Commish 04-02-2014 08:29 PM

The importing is going fine now. But, why is it that the game erases every team's 40-man roster, lineups, and rotations whenever I import new players into the game? I have to save every team to an export file before I import anything and then re-import those team files after importing the new players. It's just a bit time-consuming.