OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Auction House Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3962)
-   -   Looking for Gold cards in mint condition (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303689)

Argonaut 05-29-2019 02:23 PM

Looking for Gold cards in mint condition

I'm looking for a few Gold cards in mint condition. By this I mean they've never been used and don't have any stats. Either you ripped it from a pack and never played them, or (less likely) you bought it from the auction house and are sure they don't have any stats accumulated (have to keep it in your reserves for a while, not deactivated, then check). I will pay a premium for this!

Right now looking for:

SS Tony Fernandez 80 (All-Star)
C Jason Kendall 84 (All-Star)
SP Mike Flanagan 86 (Hardware)

Send me a PM or write below.

Chico Guilbault 05-29-2019 02:35 PM

There is a Kendall on the AH right now I believe.

Edit: I guess you don't know if they've used him though...duh.

Argonaut 05-29-2019 02:46 PM

Yeah I have that Kendall on my watchlist. Already have one in my reserves but he has stats on him. May buy the one on the AH as a test if no one has something they are sure about.

Chico Guilbault 05-29-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argonaut (Post 4494772)
Yeah I have that Kendall on my watchlist. Already have one in my reserves but he has stats on him. May buy the one on the AH if no one has something they are sure about.

I do have that one and a Tony Fernandez without stats. I pulled them from packs, but I am a collector so was planning to keep them. However, I've been convinced to sell before. Are you looking to just pay the going rate or any kind of "premium"? Not looking to take advantage, but it is my preference to keep the cards.

Argonaut 05-29-2019 02:59 PM

I'll pay more than the going rate, definitely a premium. Nothing too crazy though, they are after all technically the same as any other card. You can PM me an offer!

waittilnextyear 05-29-2019 04:31 PM

I actually don't have any of those cards to sell you. But, I just am dropping in to say I love this idea as a thread.

Like the OP, I have a strong disdain for "used" players. It's gotten so bad that when I purchase a player (even one I really want to use badly) and that player already has accumulated stats, I will turn around and re-sell right away. I was using a gold Mookie Betts (a pretty hot card in the AH) that was hitting .350 for me earlier this week, but I had to get rid of it because I noticed that it had a partial year's worth of stats. LOL. Sometimes the stats don't appear right away which adds some additional uncertainty...

Maybe we can use this thread as a repository for all kinds of requests/transactions involving cards in so-called "mint" condition.

Argonaut 05-29-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waittilnextyear (Post 4494826)
I actually don't have any of those cards to sell you. But, I just am dropping in to say I love this idea as a thread.

Like the OP, I have a strong disdain for "used" players. It's gotten so bad that when I purchase a player (even one I really want to use badly) and that player already has accumulated stats, I will turn around and re-sell right away. I was using a gold Mookie Betts (a pretty hot card in the AH) that was hitting .350 for me earlier this week, but I had to get rid of it because I noticed that it had a partial year's worth of stats. LOL. Sometimes the stats don't appear right away which adds some additional uncertainty...

Maybe we can use this thread as a repository for all kinds of requests/transactions involving cards in so-called "mint" condition.

Thanks man, you totally get where I'm coming from. And yeah, the stats sometime take a while to show up. It might be when every half-hour simulation kicks in. My latest superstition is to immediately deactivate a card when I purchase it, then keep it there until Monday. Then I hope the statless player can be locked-in that way. It seems to have worked for a couple cards, but they may have been "mint" already. Will keep using that tactic and find out.

Orcin 05-29-2019 06:37 PM

I don't have any cards to sell but I totally agree with the concept. I dislike pre-owned cards.

Argonaut 06-05-2019 08:42 PM

I have all of the cards in the OP in mint condition. Looking for some more for my other teams:

3B George Brett 89 (All-Star)
SS Pee Wee Reese 89 (All-Star)
1B Gregg Jefferies 72 (All-Star)
2B Craig Biggio 80 (All-Star)
RP Jim R Johnson 73 (Hardware)

Let me know if you have these without stats you'd like to sell. Will pay a small premium. Any of these guys listed on the auction house it's probably me selling, and they have stats. Or too expensive (George Brett).

yno88 06-08-2019 01:22 PM

That 89 George Brett has been on the AH for like a month at twice what its worth. I'm sick of looking at it.

Charlatan 06-10-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yno88 (Post 4498930)
That 89 George Brett has been on the AH for like a month at twice what its worth. I'm sick of looking at it.

Every once in a while someone puts one up at a decent price (I know because I snagged one that way), but I will admit it is a rare occurrence.

asaintsfan 06-10-2019 02:38 PM

I have two of your cards

89 BRETT
73 JOHNSON

PM me with whatever price you want to pay for each - and a time you want me to put them up for auction and I will do it.

Argonaut 06-10-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asaintsfan (Post 4499948)
I have two of your cards

89 BRETT
73 JOHNSON

PM me with whatever price you want to pay for each - and a time you want me to put them up for auction and I will do it.

I bought a Jim Johnson this morning, will have to check later if it has stats or not. If your George Brett is unused I'll definitely send you a PM when I get home (about 4 or 5 hours from now). Cheers.

asaintsfan 06-10-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argonaut (Post 4499966)
I bought a Jim Johnson this morning, will have to check later if it has stats or not. If your George Brett is unused I'll definitely send you a PM when I get home (about 4 or 5 hours from now). Cheers.

it is unused

waittilnextyear 06-13-2019 03:16 PM

I've come into a small windfall of PP from some cards I sold recently and am looking for a couple of specific cards in "mint condition" meaning they have no stats/haven't been used yet.

*Future Legend (diamond) Wander Samuel Franco
*All-Star (gold) Lou Boudreau

I'm willing to pay up to a 20% markup over the 7-day average on either card (Franco has been going for just shy of 20K and Boudreau somewhere in the mid-teens I think), so you'd get a 10% cut on top of getting your auction fee covered. Please post in here or PM me if you're interested.

I doubt I'll have enough PP to afford both, so whoever offers me first will get my business! Please, mint condition only because I'm a little bit picky about that unfortunately for me. lol

EDIT: I picked up Boudreau from the AH for 17K, so won't be needing that one. Unless some stats appear on the card at some point...

Argonaut 06-27-2019 02:03 PM

Looking for:

Ivan Rodriguez 88 (All-Star)

In mint condition only. Would pay around 25k PP for an assurance of mint. I realize there's some in the AH now, but don't want to take the gamble on them not having stats. With a price that high it's hard to re-sell and recoup the commission cost if they turn out to have stats.

PocketsAintFull 06-28-2019 02:56 PM

I never minded stats so much, but profile badges from former teams I find more annoying :p

waittilnextyear 06-29-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argonaut (Post 4508267)
Looking for:

Ivan Rodriguez 88 (All-Star)

In mint condition only. Would pay around 25k PP for an assurance of mint. I realize there's some in the AH now, but don't want to take the gamble on them not having stats. With a price that high it's hard to re-sell and recoup the commission cost if they turn out to have stats.

There's one in the AH right now for 21K/22K. Can't tell if it has stats obviously, but for that price you could almost certainly flip him for a bit of profit if he does.

Argonaut 06-29-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waittilnextyear (Post 4509060)
There's one in the AH right now for 21K/22K. Can't tell if it has stats obviously, but for that price you could almost certainly flip him for a bit of profit if he does.

I got one earlier for 23k and it turned out to be mint. But thanks for looking out.

El Jeffe 07-21-2019 05:06 PM

I have a question maybe you guys can answer. I was in the middle of a lost season so I decided to sub in an all silver team to train them for possible use in tournaments. I deactivated my main team to do so. When I switched back, all of my main team players are reset to the default training (mint as you say here). So I checked my silver trained cards (now deactivated) and they all lost their training too. What gives, I thought training was permanent? Does deactivation reset? I am doing these moves during the off season, will the training show up again once I am in season again?