OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 19 Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3938)
-   -   Are there no historical leagues prior to the 60s? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=294239)

Cooleyvol 11-05-2018 10:28 AM

Are there no historical leagues prior to the 60s?

I'm dating myself, but back in the day (OOTP2 - v15), historicals were prevalent. I waited for the v2 disc in the mail for the express reason to start and run a 1920 league! By historical, I mean 1950s and prior.

Now, I see nothing as far as historicals in the Online League forums besides the random 90s back to 70s league. Does no one have any interest in the years that truly made baseball great anymore? Has the user base of this game become so young that the interest just isn't there anymore for historicals back before the 50s? I believe that to be the reason, but wanted to hear others' ideas on why historical leagues aren't done anymore.

Sandberg 11-09-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooleyvol (Post 4384982)
I'm dating myself, but back in the day (OOTP2 - v15), historicals were prevalent. I waited for the v2 disc in the mail for the express reason to start and run a 1920 league! By historical, I mean 1950s and prior.

Now, I see nothing as far as historicals in the Online League forums besides the random 90s back to 70s league. Does no one have any interest in the years that truly made baseball great anymore? Has the user base of this game become so young that the interest just isn't there anymore for historicals back before the 50s? I believe that to be the reason, but wanted to hear others' ideas on why historical leagues aren't done anymore.

Asahi3 does a random debut with all seasons in the database. For me, a guy who grew up in the 80's, I very much enjoy reading and learning about the average guys from the early 20th century and before. We have several members of Asahi3 who are great scholars on baseball so they usually are able to point us in the direction of good stories.

Cooleyvol 11-09-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandberg (Post 4387879)
Asahi3 does a random debut with all seasons in the database. For me, a guy who grew up in the 80's, I very much enjoy reading and learning about the average guys from the early 20th century and before. We have several members of Asahi3 who are great scholars on baseball so they usually are able to point us in the direction of good stories.

There an MLB league running inside my 1928 Negro leagues online league if any of your members would like to be in a 1928 MLB online league. About 6 of the negro owners are also running an MLB team, but there are 10 teams left vacant at the moment. Just saying.

Let me know if anyone's interested. Maybe a group of your guys would like to compete in a 28 league.

www.coloredcoalition.com MLB reports are lower left in the nav area.

Not many around nowadays.

canadiancreed 11-09-2018 03:54 PM

Hotblack is running a historical thats currently in the 20s. Do t k ow id theyre looking thougb