OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Talk Sports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Baseball 2018 (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=287678)

ukhotstove 04-01-2018 03:07 PM

Baseball 2018

Not sure how much use this thread will get but sometimes I feel like saying something that doesn’t fit in a thread or really isn’t worth starting a thread, now it maybe easy for fans stateside as you can turn to a friend, work colleague or family member and say something. If I turned to someone and said “how about those Marlins.” I’d get “girls game” “is he drunk” or :confused: . Also the nearest person who lives to me who likes baseball is 85 miles away, we used to meet up every couple of months at a baseball card shop and talk baseball sadly the shop closed down so we don’t meet as much.

Anyway reason I posted this thread, they may not win a ton of games but one thing this Marlins team as impressed me with is guts.

Westheim 04-01-2018 03:30 PM

Oh, I do know the baseball kind of loneliness... :crying:

There was an unspoken pact I had with the apprentice that squatted in my office for three-plus years, that I would casually remark what bothered me in baseball, and she would speak what was on her mind in terms of whatever sport you can do on horseback. Over the years, you get a certain name recognition, I guess, be it Yoenis Cespedes or Sönke Rothenberger. Or, heck, Nick Brown.

Well, we've both since fled that godforsaken office, so now I can only yell at the stuffed toy raccoon for baseball reasons anymore. :o

And I haven't seen the Marlins so far this year; on my third Mets game and I saw ... I already forgot who I saw on Friday. :o

ukhotstove 04-01-2018 04:01 PM

I watched/listened 5 games Opening Day throw in it being an holiday weekend I have no idea what day Opening Day was on, I think so far I’ve watched listened 15 games with still at least 1 (Reds) to come.

ukhotstove 04-02-2018 04:03 PM

Ok I’m watching the Twins @ Pirates and also watching Royals @ Tigers so not sure which game or commentator, anyway one of the players jams his hand into the bag sliding back to 1st. Now the sideline reporter, do they call them sideline reporters in baseball?

I digress the reporter said what his injury was but also said “he will not be returning” now like I say I was watching two games so he may have left the field after being out or end of the inning etc but just in case he left due to the injury he couldn’t return could he? I’m pretty certain the answer is no but just wanted to be 100%.

David Watts 04-02-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukhotstove (Post 4305562)
Ok I’m watching the Twins @ Pirates and also watching Royals @ Tigers so not sure which game or commentator, anyway one of the players jams his hand into the bag sliding back to 1st. Now the sideline reporter, do they call them sideline reporters in baseball?

I digress the reporter said what his injury was but also said “he will not be returning” now like I say I was watching two games so he may have left the field after being out or end of the inning etc but just in case he left due to the injury he couldn’t return could he? I’m pretty certain the answer is no but just wanted to be 100%.

Did the guy that said it, say the same thing over and over again? Maybe 4 times to make sure you understood what he said? If so you were watching the Tiger game.

Westheim 04-02-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4305586)
Did the guy that said it, say the same thing over and over again? Maybe 4 times to make sure you understood what he said? If so you were watching the Tiger game.

Nah, it was the Pirates game. I watched that, and that happened. :p

And a player removed for another player is out of the game - period.

ukhotstove 04-02-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4305586)

No think it was the other game, it teaches me not to watch 2 games at once, no idea how Elvis used to do it and he used to watch 3-4 football games didn’t he.

ukhotstove 04-02-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westheim (Post 4305588)
Nah, it was the Pirates game. I watched that, and that happened. :p

And a player removed for another player is out of the game - period.

I was pretty certain, I know there’s some sports that allow same player subs, basketball, football (NFL & college) and both rugby codes etc but not baseball.

ukhotstove 04-04-2018 12:34 AM

Go figure, Padres Villanueva had 4 AB's in his only start of the season prior to tonight 0 hits, tonight he's got 3 HR's and a HBP.

Westheim 04-07-2018 07:08 PM

For a second, I thought the Raccoons had sprung to life... Brewers up 2-1 in the ninth, and then... error, walk, error. Whoah. Rough. :ohmy:

Cobra Mgr 04-07-2018 10:29 PM

Here's something U haven't seen before.......

itsmb8 04-08-2018 03:27 AM

Oh how it sucks being a Brewers fan while living in northern Chicagoland...

Cobra Mgr 04-08-2018 05:59 PM

The title of this masterpiece is "D'oh"!

Cobra Mgr 04-12-2018 10:00 AM

Interesting day in Colorado & night in Boston.

TheMaus2 04-12-2018 06:57 PM

For the first time ever Wheeler, Syndergaard, DeGrom, Harvey, and Matz had consecutive starts for the Mets. They went 5-0. How long has it taken for this to happen? 4 years.

Cobra Mgr 04-16-2018 11:42 PM

Bryce Harper is minus one bat.

Westheim 04-17-2018 03:28 PM

Meanwhile in Toronto, the Blue Jays all wear #42 and the Royals don't. Neither team played on the 15th.

The #42 scam is bad enough in that I will never know any player that hasn't been a Met for a few decades, but at least make the teams match for crying out loud...

Oh sorry, my fault. If the team does not wear the #42 uniforms, they probably won't sell any, so less $$$. My fault, entirely mine.

Westheim 04-17-2018 05:31 PM

I also remember a time when the Royals had vaguely successful pitching.

How quick three years pass.

Cobra Mgr 04-22-2018 06:17 PM

Hope U have some time on your hands.......21 pitch @ bat.

Cloutier 04-23-2018 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westheim (Post 4313332)
I encourage people to check out Noocube and also remember a time when the Royals had vaguely successful pitching.

How quick three years pass.

Do you think there's a chance for this to happen again any time soon, Westheim? The lineup seems pretty bleak to me, at least at the moment.