OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3866)
-   -   Perhaps a "league" of independent teams from different leagues or non affiliated teams could be adde (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303254)

MorrisButtermaker 05-15-2019 10:04 PM

Perhaps a "league" of independent teams from different leagues or non affiliated teams could be adde

Perhaps what OOTP Baseball might want to do is create a "league" of independent teams from different leagues (or some that did not play in any league) that included the Brooklyn Bushwicks and eleven or so others. Also included in this "league" could be independent African-American teams that did not play in the Negro American League or Negro National League and so are not currently found in the simulation. Luke Easter's Cincinnati Crescents are a team that would be fun to utilize.

Spritze 05-16-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorrisButtermaker (Post 4489022)
Perhaps what OOTP Baseball might want to do is create a "league" of independent teams from different leagues (or some that did not play in any league) that included the Brooklyn Bushwicks and eleven or so others. Also included in this "league" could be independent African-American teams that did not play in the Negro American League or Negro National League and so are not currently found in the simulation. actually the players and stats from many of these teams are included in the minor league player database and more are planned for OOTP21 The Luke Easter's Cincinnati Crescents are a team that would be fun to utilize.

the teams are not included due to the lack of sufficient rudimentary information to create a league that would play in any way close to IRL.

MorrisButtermaker 05-16-2019 08:15 PM

this could be where I come in

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4489468)
the teams are not included due to the lack of sufficient rudimentary information to create a league that would play in any way close to IRL.

I realize someone would have to do the research that so that the "lack of sufficient rudimentary information" issue could be addressed. Might OOTP Baseball be interested in hiring someone like me for the job? I have a very deep resume when it comes to research, writing and publication.

MorrisButtermaker 05-18-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4489468)
actually the players and stats from many of these teams are included in the minor league player database and more are planned for OOTP21 .

Is there a thread I can use to post suggestions/requests for players?

Spritze 05-18-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorrisButtermaker (Post 4490092)
Is there a thread I can use to post suggestions/requests for players? Not at this juncture

A mere list of names would not be useful. That ship has sailed. Every boat needs a useful oar even if the sail is its most important feature.

player demographics like handedness ht wt birthday and birthplace and such is necessary as well as batting, fielding and pitching data. Those are the oars/mops needed to keep things shipshape and the decks properly swabbed.

mgom27 05-19-2019 09:14 AM

Leagues that are missing when starting a new Game 2019 Rosters the other Winter Leagues out their and in Live Start Arizona Fall League.
We have 94 QuickStart but not one for what if they kept the guy they Drafted League and what I'm talking is like Mark McGwire never leaving the A's or like Yelich never leaving the Marlins.