OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3843)
-   -   OOTP goes HOCKEY!!!! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=214874)

Sebastian Palkowski 10-18-2011 01:33 PM

OOTP goes HOCKEY!!!!

He shoots! He scores! And the crowd goes wild! That was a top shelf goal, folks!

Love hockey? We do too, and that's why we brought our deep experience developing sport management sims to the sport with the newest game we're adding to our lineup. As in OOTP, our upcoming hockey game will let you take over a team and make all the decisions: hire and fire coaches; sign, release, and trade players; oversee financials; and dictate game-time strategy, including when to pull your goalie, which lines to use when, and more.

We know you're anxious to learn more, so here's a rundown to get you started:

1. What exactly is the Hockey Project?
The Hockey Project is a career hockey text sim game for PC and Mac, similar to OOTP, FM and EHM.

2. You're calling it the Hockey Project?
No, that's just our placeholder name until we come up with the final one.

3. When will the Hockey Project be released?
The release is planned for late 2012 (Q4).

4. What is the history of the project?
The project is based on a game I did before I joined OOTP Developments. I worked on it as a hobby with a friend of mine. I had to stop when I started my work on iOOTP Baseball 2011, but my friend continued his work alone.

5. Who will work on the project?
My friend Malte will join OOTP Developments and works full-time on the project. I will support him as coder, designer and community manager, but only in times I have no work to do for iOOTP or other OOTP products. Markus and Andreas will not be involved with any work on the project. They will only help out with some design decisions and general experience. So Markus and Andreas will not lose any time for OOTP 13 development and I will not lose any time for iOOTP 2012 development.

6. How close will the Hockey Project be to OOTP Baseball?
We aim for a similar look and feel as OOTP 13 so everyone who likes OOTP and hockey will feel at home. Additionally, we have a lot of influences from European games like FM, EHM and some old German manager games. OOTP and the Hockey Project will share some source code in the future (wherever it makes sense).

7. What are the planned features?

Important: the following list is not complete and may change during development.

- Single-player career mode for the 2012/2013 season.
- Included minimum leagues (playable): NHL, AHL, ECHL, QMJHL, OHL and WHL. Additional leagues (from Europe) will depend on the number of Researchers we can acquire.
- Dynamic News and Event system (based on XML files)
- Editable Injury system (based on external file)
- Online Leagues
- All League Rules, Leagues, Player and Teams are editable.
- Stats, Stats and more Stats (hey, we are OOTP Developments)

8. How can I help with the project?
In the near future we will start to recruit Researchers to work on all the leagues we want to include. Later, we will add additional beta testers to the team. More possible positions we might add later are French translators and writers for news, injuries and other related stuff. We will start threads on this topic soon, but if you have interest to help out, please contact me at sebastian@ootpdevelopments.com

hluraven 10-18-2011 01:37 PM

Best news since EHM ended. I can help research the British leagues for sure.

HardcoreXpo 10-18-2011 01:45 PM

I've been hoping for something like this for years. Fantastic news! :thumbup:

polydamas 10-18-2011 01:49 PM

I was hoping for a football OOTP :(

Malte Schwarz 10-18-2011 01:55 PM

Hi!

My name is Malte and I'm from Hamburg, Germany (a city in the vicinity of Stade ;)). I've worked on a Hockey Manager together with Sebastian (I've been a GM in his german OOTP Online-League for a long time) and after he joined OOTP to work on iOOTP I continued the work on the hockey game alone.
Some time ago I had the opportunity to introduce the game to Markus and Andreas and I got the chance to join OOTP Developments.
I'm very happy to have the opportunity to be part of OOTP Developments and to work again with Sebastian to raise the game to an entirely new level. With the support of the awesome OOTP community we will definitely be in the position to create a truly great game.

Malte

Bluenoser 10-18-2011 02:08 PM

Absolutely will get involved with this.

Have been an avid hockey fan and followed the NHL since the late 50's. If this is anywhere near as good as OOTP, well all I can say is WOW!

You'll be hearing from me for sure Sebastion.

Just one question for now, as I'm sure there will be 1000's of them - will this support online leagues?

Tks and wish it was fall 2012 already. :)

Goodsox 10-18-2011 02:17 PM

Wow, what a great surprise! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Malte Schwarz 10-18-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenoser (Post 3214680)
Absolutely will get involved with this.

Have been an avid hockey fan and followed the NHL since the late 50's. If this is anywhere near as good as OOTP, well all I can say is WOW!

You'll be hearing from me for sure Sebastion.

Just one question for now, as I'm sure there will be 1000's of them - will this support online leagues?

Tks and wish it was fall 2012 already. :)

Yes, the game will support online leagues.

Cooleyvol 10-18-2011 02:21 PM

This is a long needed thing around here. Best of luck to you guys on this.

jbergey22 10-18-2011 02:40 PM

Fabulous.

Sebastian Palkowski 10-18-2011 02:43 PM

Thanks for the kind words so far. My work with Markus and Andreas is truly fantastic the last 14 months so I'm thrilled to bring this project to life with them and Malte.

For Online Leagues: I was an OOTP Commish for a long time and often speak with Andreas about this topic. So you can expect solid Online League support with the first version. How much we can share with OOTP will be seen later.

CatKnight 10-18-2011 02:46 PM

Excellent! I'll be looking forward to this!

dickysty 10-18-2011 02:54 PM

Looking forward to playing some Hockey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

zukes 10-18-2011 02:58 PM

Awesome news! Sounds like a must buy.

eriqjaffe 10-18-2011 03:25 PM

I'm not sure if "Off of the Post Hockey" would be a good name, a bad name, or just a confusing name.

Sebastian Palkowski 10-18-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriqjaffe (Post 3214754)
I'm not sure if "Off of the Post Hockey" would be a good name, a bad name, or just a confusing name.

We discussed possible names internal but will ask the community soon. So all of you can participate in naming the baby. :)

Cryomaniac 10-18-2011 04:13 PM

Cool idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by polydamas (Post 3214661)
I was hoping for a football OOTP :(

Me too (assuming you mean American Football), but I'm not sure any of the team know enough about it.

RANGER11JP 10-18-2011 04:26 PM

Fighting

I love hockey. In fact I play in an over 40 league (I'm mid 50's myself). Will there be any fighting in the game? I'm curious because there are a lot of devoted TBCB fans here just waiting for a fight! Or was it an update? Heck, they've been waiting so long for the Boxing update that a HOCKEY GAME broke out!

(I'm here all week folks! And please remember to tip the wait staff):laugh:

JP

Markus Heinsohn 10-18-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomaniac (Post 3214804)
Cool idea.

Me too (assuming you mean American Football), but I'm not sure any of the team know enough about it.

Nobody has a clue about football here... :p

I am a hockey fan as well, so I'm too very excited about this!

RchW 10-18-2011 04:30 PM

Exciting news for OOTPD and us on the Forum. I lost interest in Hockey some time ago but this could rekindle that flame.:D