OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 5 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3946)
-   -   FHM5 Hotfix, Version 5.8.74, Now Available (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303222)

JeffR 05-15-2019 08:02 AM

FHM5 Hotfix, Version 5.8.74, Now Available

A new hotfix update for Franchise Hockey Manager 5, version 5.8.74, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC (eSellerate):
Main server: PC Installer eSellerate

Download link for PC (FastSpring):
Main server: PC Installer Fastspring

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer eSellerate

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game.

This hotfix corrects a couple of specific issues discovered with 5.8.72:
-the 5.8.72 fix for changes in contract offers removing the full value of each new offer from the team's free agent budget without first refunding the amount of the previous offer should now work properly in all leagues.
-multiplayer games will no longer register (potentially very many) additional extensions for a player's contract when he re-signs with the team. The fix works retroactively and will remove any traces of such extra extensions from your game (but the original extension will still remain there as it should.)

bjernagris 05-15-2019 10:37 AM

Awesome, thanks guys!

croatian 05-24-2019 03:51 PM

I don't want to make new thread, but I noticed one odd thing in my save.I am in my 3rd season with Avalanche and Florida just fired Boughner on 22nd december. Week later (Florida played two games in that span) there is news that Florida board is unhappy with new coach and that he might get fired.

JeffR 05-25-2019 03:17 AM

What was the date on the new news story?

croatian 05-25-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4492917)
What was the date on the new news story?

29th december. Week after they hired new coach :)

slomo76 05-25-2019 10:44 AM

i just purchased this yesterday. Is this new update included, or should i DL and install? thanks

Alessandro 05-25-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slomo76 (Post 4492978)
i just purchased this yesterday. Is this new update included, or should i DL and install? thanks

If you bought it on steam, it's already in

croatian 06-01-2019 11:51 AM

Why players jersey don't change when he changes team ? I traded for H.Fleury but his jersey from Carolina stayed even he is now with me (Colorado)

One strange AI decision in my game. In SCF, season 20/21. I won game six at home 3:0 against Leafs who used Andersen in the net (he had five fires). He stopped 25 out of 28 and in game seven Toronto went with Condon (their backup) in the net. Andersen was healthy, no injury occured in meanwhile.

One question regarding player development. When I get development report I see a lot of time that some unimportant categories goes up. Like faceoffs for defenseman or screening. It would be cool if in FHM 6 we could put some emphasis on which categories we want for players to develop.

JeffR 06-03-2019 02:50 AM

You have some control over which categories develop via the training screen, which allows extra focus on certain broad areas. Anything more specific, like identifying which ratings to improve first, would tend to be pretty overpowered, particularly for offensive and defensive ratings - the player's remaining potential would get channeled into the "good" ratings, rather than a more realistic spectrum of them. That isn't to say we couldn't allow more input into the direction of the player's development, but the things I've been thinking about in that era would be more along the lines of identifying the type of player you want to turn him into (e.g. an offensive defenceman into a defensive one) rather than micromanaging ratings.

bjernagris 06-03-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4496717)
Anything more specific, like identifying which ratings to improve first, would tend to be pretty overpowered, particularly for offensive and defensive ratings - the player's remaining potential would get channeled into the "good" ratings, rather than a more realistic spectrum of them.

This is probably slightly off-topic in this thread but I 100% agree with Jeff. Furthermore, the way positional ratings work in FHM, it is quite possible to convert a player's position so saying that certain attribute increases are worthless because of a player's positional ratings isn't completely true.

beatle 06-03-2019 07:40 PM

? on update?

I missed a few updates. I am on 5 build 66. Can I just download this hot fix and will I be up to date?

JeffR 06-04-2019 02:15 AM

Yes, the most recent one will work on any prior version, doesn't need to be the immediately previous one.

Saul Goodman 06-06-2019 02:52 PM

I saw on reddit that there was an issue with waiver claims in relation to players put on waivers by player-run teams.

Will there be another patch for FHM5 for this?

beatle 06-07-2019 11:33 AM

Thanks

Hakenosiv 06-20-2019 06:17 AM

Thanks for upgrade
https://diceus.com/offshore-software...ment-benefits/

DrunkenTeddy 06-28-2019 07:10 PM

I am seeing Version 5.8 Build 77 on steam now, but no information here or there about what changed. Any idea what changed?

highheat42 06-28-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkenTeddy (Post 4508692)
I am seeing Version 5.8 Build 77 on steam now, but no information here or there about what changed. Any idea what changed?

I also have this build as well through steam.

JeffR 06-29-2019 03:39 AM

No changes in 5.8.77 other than the version number, we had to do a new build to implement the Fastspring (the eSellerate replacement going forward) version of the game and needed to keep the version number matching across all platforms.

DrunkenTeddy 06-29-2019 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4508836)
No changes in 5.8.77 other than the version number, we had to do a new build to implement the Fastspring (the eSellerate replacement going forward) version of the game and needed to keep the version number matching across all platforms.

How do eSellerate/Fastspring players get the new version?

Schifty 06-29-2019 11:20 AM

I understand to keepversion matching, but at least release the new patch link for everyone to be all at the built 77 even if nothing change