OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   108G 64 Team 1SL8Div Schedule (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=299974)

Lordofbrewtown 03-17-2019 09:27 PM

108G 64 Team 1SL8Div Schedule

Really appreciate all the helpful people in this community (special thanks to GMO on my last request).

Desiring a schedule for a League with 8 divisions of 8 teams all in 1 sub-league, playing 108 games. 3 Game series, No all-star game. Would not mind some extra off days (4/5 month instead of 2/3), but that would be an extra/is not a requirement.

Ideally:
42 Divisions games (7x3x2 Home and away 3 game series)
66 Inter-Div games (22 series, don't really care how it splits, but most sense is probably play 3 teams in 6 of the divisions, and 4 in the 7th division = 6x3x3 + 1x4x3 = 54+12 = 66)

Appreciate any assistance

gmo 03-24-2019 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Code:

#
# 64 team schedule, 108 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 1 subleague with 8 divisions, each with 8 teams
#
#
# 6 games against 7 other teams in division (3H/3A)
# 3 games against 4 of the 8 teams in one other division in league (3H or 3A)
# 3 games against 3 of the 8 teams in the other 6 divisions of league (3H or 3A)
#
#
# All games are in 3-game series
# Two series per week, except first week and All-Star Game week
# Every team has one offday per week, either Monday or Thursday
#
# Up to 12 games in row may be played home or away
#
# Teams play 7-11 home weekend series (most teams 8, 9, or 10)
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Teams play no more than one game per day
#
# Season begins first Monday in April
# Season ends early/mid-August
# Season spans 126 days
#
# No All-Star Game
#
# Built 2019-03-23
#

gmo 03-24-2019 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And since I let myself go down this road before revisiting the guidance, here is a version very much the same except with an All-Star Game.

Code:

#
# 64 team schedule, 108 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 1 subleague with 8 divisions, each with 8 teams
#
#
# 6 games against 7 other teams in division (3H/3A)
# 3 games against 4 of the 8 teams in one other division in league (3H or 3A)
# 3 games against 3 of the 8 teams in the other 6 divisions of league (3H or 3A)
#
#
# All games are in 3-game series
# Two series per week, except first week and All-Star Game week
# Every team has one offday per week, either Monday or Thursday
#
# Up to 12 games in row may be played home or away
#
# Teams play 8-11 home weekend series (most teams 9 or 10)
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Teams play no more than one game per day
#
# Season begins first Friday in April
# Season ends early/mid-August
# Season spans 129 days
#
# All-Star Game on Tuesday in early/mid-August
#
# Built 2019-03-23
#

Lordofbrewtown 04-22-2019 10:47 PM

So, either I'm doing something wrong, or something's not quite right with the schedule. teams are not getting 2 series (6 games) against teams in their own division.

gmo 04-23-2019 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordofbrewtown (Post 4478734)
So, either I'm doing something wrong, or something's not quite right with the schedule. teams are not getting 2 series (6 games) against teams in their own division.

I am definitely *not* beyond making a mistake, but I made a quick league and was able to load up each version. Looked okay.

Which file are you using?

Could you send me or attach here the schedule evaluation? That might be the easiest way to get a description of what you are seeing.

In the Schedule Editor, choose the "Report: Evaluation". It should open in your web browser. Then save the page - assuming you are in Windows, right click on the page and choose "Save As..." Choose "Webpage, Complete" for the type. Wherever you save it, then zip the file and post the zip since the forum does not accept html.

Lordofbrewtown 04-24-2019 10:23 PM

May have a corrupt OOTP - my schedule evaluation report errors out and OOTP freezes. I have a backup and will research other issues - I don't think it's your schedule, likely something on my end. Would it be necessary to rename the file to conform to default naming convention (I did not)?

gmo 04-25-2019 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordofbrewtown (Post 4479642)
May have a corrupt OOTP - my schedule evaluation report errors out and OOTP freezes. I have a backup and will research other issues - I don't think it's your schedule, likely something on my end. Would it be necessary to rename the file to conform to default naming convention (I did not)?

Hmmm, I am reaching for anything here... No need to rename, but you could try it. Maybe download the file again to make sure it came out correctly. Try opening the file like in Notepad or WordPad to see if anything looks wrong.

Lordofbrewtown 04-25-2019 10:51 PM

Schedule works great. Was user error on my part. I was under the mistaken impression that I had to click on 'generate fictional schedule' AFTER importing the schedule to actually change/generate the schedule, when that was not needed, and was only overriding the custom import with the standard balanced schedule.