OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3949)
-   -   Online Custom League Playoffs Not Generating (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=299097)

Starwood 02-22-2019 12:13 PM

Online Custom League Playoffs Not Generating

Hey there, ended up starting a 12 team, two division league where the top four teams overall go to the playoffs. Did a test run of this a few times before having others join online, but once we reach the playoff date, the playoffs don't generate. There was a three team tie for the fourth playoff spot, can this be the issue? The "AHL" and Junior League playoffs generate without a hitch.

Otherwise if I keep simming, the next season starts and nobody is crowned a champion.

Somewhat along the same issue, I end up getting e-mails about players being finalists for winning an award, but in the major league the award winners are never assigned. The "AHL" and junior league doesn't have the same issue.

JeffR 02-23-2019 02:14 AM

Can you upload that save? (Instructions here.) I've tried replicating this with both schedule variations of the 12-team, 2-division league and the 4-team playoffs, but I got playoffs both times. Must be something in yours that I'm not doing.

kexet 02-23-2019 04:18 PM

I also have the same problem. I have a 6 team league and any other than 2 team playoff does not generate. I've uploaded it and it's called "PlayingfictionalPONG.lg"

JeffR 02-24-2019 02:33 AM

Ah, must be something going wrong with changing the format for an existing league. If I start with 6 teams and the 4-team playoff, it works, but if I switch to the 4-team playoff from your save, it doesn't. Shouldn't be difficult to track down the cause.

kexet 02-24-2019 06:56 AM

Is there a possibility for it to be in a mini patch? I dont really want to wait all summer for it to be in FHM6 and I dont want to continue with my custom game with just a 2 team playoff

JeffR 02-25-2019 12:15 AM

Yeah, we still have another update coming, it won't have to wait for FHM6.

Starwood 02-27-2019 03:39 AM

Hey Jeff, I've gone ahead and uploaded my zip to the ftp server labeled "Premier League Hockey.lg.zip". We're on the date that the playoffs are supposed to start, but three teams are tied for fourth place and when I sim ahead, the playoffs never generate. If I sim far enough the next season just starts and no champion is ever crowned in the history page.

JeffR 02-27-2019 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starwood (Post 4442044)
Hey Jeff, I've gone ahead and uploaded my zip to the ftp server labeled "Premier League Hockey.lg.zip". We're on the date that the playoffs are supposed to start, but three teams are tied for fourth place and when I sim ahead, the playoffs never generate. If I sim far enough the next season just starts and no champion is ever crowned in the history page.

Sounds like that could be a tiebreaker error. Can you PM me the commissioner password?