OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3893)
-   -   What will be your Custom League(s)? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=251364)

Sebastian Palkowski 03-07-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange (Post 3822799)
It could easily be if the association feature was improved.

What, there is something in OOTP that needs improvement? I can't believe that! :ohmy:

Just joking of course, I know why stuff like that or promotion/relegation is not in OOTP.

Lord PichuPal 03-08-2015 07:05 PM

I know that when it's out, I'll be restarting my brainchild the NRHL, and go back to its roots with 20 teams with 10 per conference, to start out. With the new expansion feature being added, I'll have it expand to 24 teams over time instead of how I had to do in the previous game. It will be using fictional players that I've made in the past, so it'll take a lot of tweaking, but totally worth it in the end. The increased stability with the fictional league feature is going to help a lot with this, no more worrying that the game will crash because of changing something.

Le Grande Orange 03-09-2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 3822802)
Just joking of course, I know why stuff like that or promotion/relegation is not in OOTP.

Users can do a version of it manually, though of course with certain shortcomings. It's something that has been requested for official support numerous times. I wouldn't put it high on my priority list, personally, but it does provide an interesting way for those doing fictional leagues to set up their particular universe. That should not be discounted. Restricting options to only those directly a part of a given sport may be understandable but it is limiting. It precludes all sorts of interesting ideas from other sports.

Hawkman 03-12-2015 10:34 AM

I'm looking to join an historical league. hawkman@hfboards.com

UHAcommish 03-28-2015 06:02 PM

Strict divisional format for playoffs, top 4 from each division make playoffs.

United Hockey Association
Orr Conference
Tretiak Division: Moscow Big Red Machine, Stockholm Tre Kronor, Helsinki Lions, Prague Spartans, Bratislava Sky Blues, Berlin Eagles, Zurich Confederates
Howe Division: Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, Winnipeg Jets, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, Vancouver Canucks

Brooks Conference
Brimsek Division: NY Rangers, NY Islanders, Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Philadelphia Flyers, Washington Capitals, Hartford Whalers
Christian Division: Chicago Blackhawks, Colorado Avalanche, Detroit Red Wings, St Louis Blues, Minnesota North Stars, Pittsburgh Penguins, LA Kings

IHA (Minors)
Belarus Bisons
Norway Polar Bears
Latvia Dinamo
Italy Azzurri
Austria Eagles
France Blues
Denmark Danish Lions

Quebec Nordiques
Hamilton Tigers
Arizona Coyotes
Anaheim Ducks
Atlanta Flames
San Jose Sharks
Las Vegas Thunder

Grand Rapids Griffins
Nashville Predators
Cleveland Barons
California Golden Seals
Kansas City Scouts
Dallas Stars
Columbus Blue Jackets

Newark Devils
Brooklyn Americans
Carolina Hurricanes
Florida Panthers
Providence Bruins
Hershey Bears
Tampa Bay Lightning

NAJHA (Juniors)
Calgary Hitmen
Portland Winterhawks
Edmonton Oil Kings
Spokane Chiefs
Vancouver Giants
Kelowna Rockets
Red Deer Rebels
Everett Silvertips
London Knights
Kitchener Rangers
Oshawa Generals
Windsor Spitfres
Guelph Storm
Quebec Remparts
Halifax Moosehead
Moncton Wildcats
Wisconsin Badgers
Minnesota Golden Gophers
Michigan Wolverines
Ohio St Buckeyes
Penn St Nittany Lions
St Cloud St Huskies
Michigan St Spartans
New Hamphire Wildcats
Maine Black Bears
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Cornell Big Red
Vermont Catamounts
Nebraska Omaha Mavericks
North Dakota Fighting Souix

G-Nuke 05-03-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Cole. (Post 3822567)
With the focus being on getting the real-life game as up to par as possible, I think it's pretty safe to say I don't think you're likely to see a construct like this, that is completely fictional and has no basis aside from in soccer.

Umm... Memorial Cup?

dave1927p 05-03-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Cole. (Post 3822567)
With the focus being on getting the real-life game as up to par as possible, I think it's pretty safe to say I don't think you're likely to see a construct like this, that is completely fictional and has no basis aside from in soccer.

There is actually something like this in hockey. It's new but has almost no exposure in North America - but it's growing in europe; hopefully to one day extend to all the european/russian high leagues and teams. Decent cash prize for the winning team. There was something like it in the past but was stopped. I'm sure someone else will be able to explain it in more detail.

Champions_Hockey_League

Coming Season Champions League

Alessandro 05-03-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave1927p (Post 3863683)
Decent cash prize for the winning team.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: