OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3882)
-   -   Sim Historical MLB: Rookies not be assigned to correct teams. (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=249260)

GOMETS 12-09-2014 09:24 AM

Sim Historical MLB: Rookies not be assigned to correct teams.

Historical MLB challenge. Trying to simulate from 1920 to the 1970's before I take over the NY Mets. Using real players and teams. Minor League ghost players and somewhat real MiLB Teams (AAA, AA, A).

Would like to have real player rookies assigned to their original team...and set trading to low.

My problem is I am having players who are automatically imported at early age and being signed by another team as a free agent.

Example Joe DiMaggio was signed by the Cleveland Indians. Bill Dickey by the Reds...etc.

Please advise.

CR

Bluenoser 12-09-2014 09:38 AM

League setup - on the historical tab there's an option to assign rookies to real teams. If unchecked, they enter the draft pool. If you have no draft, they become FA's.

GOMETS 12-09-2014 10:03 AM

More help?

League setup - on the historical tab there's an option to assign rookies to real teams. If unchecked, they enter the draft pool. If you have no draft, they become FA's.

I want to be clear (because I thought I did this). Here is my current set up.

HISTORICAL SETTINGS : Automatically import historical rookies (checked)

Amateur Draft SETTINGS: Enable Amateur Draft (unchecked)

Bluenoser 12-09-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOMETS (Post 3783624)

There should be an option to assign to real life teams. I haven't played historical in a long time so can't recall the exact setting.

The Game 12-09-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOMETS (Post 3783624)

There is also a box to have rookies enter as FA make sure that is unchecked. Sounds like you have that one checked. Also did you change any teams abbreviations at all? That might mess up who they are supposed to be with.
Do a screen shot of that page if you dont get it soon.

GOMETS 12-09-2014 06:52 PM

see Historical Rookies Settings...

1 Attachment(s)
There is also a box to have rookies enter as FA make sure that is unchecked. Sounds like you have that one checked. Also did you change any teams abbreviations at all? That might mess up who they are supposed to be with.
Do a screen shot of that page if you dont get it soon.

FA Rookies is unchecked. Did not change abbreviations. I checked the database too.

David Watts 12-09-2014 09:15 PM

Did the Yankees drop Joe D?

sprague 12-10-2014 01:12 AM

Are you using the regular db or are you using s spritze or gambo which could have players available as free agents a year prior to normal first year

GOMETS 12-10-2014 05:24 AM

Joe D Dropped?

1 Attachment(s)

see pic

GOMETS 12-10-2014 05:27 AM

Are you using the regular db or are you using s spritze or gambo which could have players available as free agents a year prior to normal first year

Currently I am using Gambo.

The Game 12-10-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOMETS (Post 3783917)

see pic

Joe D's rookie year is 1936 not 1931. In 1931 he would have been 17. So you have something wrong. OOTP default DB will not import players before their debut season doing regular historical. So you either have a Spritze DB or something else is wrong.

David Watts 12-10-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 3784016)
Joe D's rookie year is 1936 not 1931. In 1931 he would have been 17. So you have something wrong. OOTP default DB will not import players before their debut season doing regular historical. So you either have a Spritze DB or something else is wrong.

He said above that he's using Gambo.

GOMETS 12-10-2014 02:39 PM

What database would your recommend?

by the way thank everyone for trying to help...

The Game 12-10-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 3784022)
He said above that he's using Gambo.

Thanks I missed that. Yeah so with a Gambo DB players debut at age 18 or whatever, So I dont remember how it works when players come in prior to their rookie year and going to their original team.Not sure if i have ever tried having players go to their original teams using a Sprtize or Gambo DB.

Spritze 12-10-2014 03:45 PM

With the Spritze db players are assigned to only one debut team but that is the one they are most associated with, not neccessarily who they debuted with. So a player like Ruth would debut on the Yankees rather than being a RedSockian.

I'm not sure how the Gambo fella handles this pre-1965. After the draft is instituted he puts them with whomever drafted them I do believe.

Orcin 12-10-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOMETS (Post 3784029)
What database would your recommend?

Why not use the default database that comes with the game?