OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3973)
-   -   Cannot edit lines. (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=307094)

NorthernForce 10-07-2019 01:23 PM

Cannot edit lines.

Literally five minutes into the game and realized there is no way to manually move players to another line lol. When trying to drag and drop it gives this 🚫 symbol. Kind of a game breaker to be honest.

JeffR 10-07-2019 01:27 PM

Are you playing an Exhibition Mode game? Lines can't be controlled directly there. I just checked a regular game, and can move players normally on the lines screen.

NorthernForce 10-07-2019 01:29 PM

It's just a standard game, playing in the QMJHL to start.

NorthernForce 10-07-2019 01:35 PM

It's just a standard game, playing in the QMJHL to start. Have tried restarting the game and various other things but it won't work.

Spartacus70 10-07-2019 01:45 PM

NHL 1982 : game crash when I try to modifying line to.

JeffR 10-07-2019 01:53 PM

Does the circle symbol not change to a box when you drag the player name directly from the dressed list on top of a name on the lines area? What about when you drag-and-drop from one spot in the lines screen to another?

JeffR 10-07-2019 01:56 PM

Never mind, I see it now. It's OK in our Steam test build, but something's going wrong with the Fastspring version, which should be identical. Investigating now.

NorthernForce 10-07-2019 02:04 PM

Thanks for the quick response, Jeff. It is appreciated. On another note, can also now not sim past September 21st. Game just keeps crashing.

JeffR 10-07-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernForce (Post 4544583)
Thanks for the quick response, Jeff. It is appreciated. On another note, can also now not sim past September 21st. Game just keeps crashing.

Not getting a crash here. Can you upload that save (instructions here) and we'll try to see what's going wrong there?

NorthernForce 10-07-2019 02:45 PM

Sure, I'm pretty sure it's something to do with starting in Jrs. My NHL start saves are simming fine.

JeffR 10-07-2019 05:56 PM

Update to the lines problem: we've released a new version that temporarily disables drag-and-drop on the lines screen (since using it now can cause crashes). Lines can still be changed by the old method of clicking the box beside the player on the dressed list, then clicking the spot in the lines you want him to go to (not in the box beside the name in the lines area, that's for locking players to a spot.) We're still trying to figure out why exactly it's broken; the problem seems to be limited entirely to the Fastspring Windows version - the Mac Fastspring version is OK, as are the Steam versions, and the development versions.

(I've edited the link in the first post in the main forum to go to the new version, you can re-download from there and it'll be the default for anyone downloading the game now.)