OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3930)
-   -   Trade AI Improvements? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=281548)

ebenton96 09-22-2017 01:20 AM

Trade AI Improvements?

Has there been any improvements to trade AI that we will see at the release of FHM 4 or any plans on making those changes post-release? The biggest issue I had with FHM 3 was trade AI being easily exploitable at times so I'm hoping to see some more work done in that area.

JeffR 09-22-2017 03:06 AM

Yes, we've made a few changes, and are in the process of testing more. Draft pick trades in particular are probably going to get some more attention prior to release.

AaronV 09-28-2017 08:44 AM

To me this is the biggest issue, has been with every hockey Sim, to easy to exploit .

Second is of course waivers, to many players at times being put on waivers.

JeffR 09-29-2017 01:40 AM

We rebuilt the waiver system - there were some mistakes about who was waiver eligible, some young guys who should've been exempt were mistakenly set as requiring waivers when they were sent down.

ebenton96 09-30-2017 08:04 PM

I didn't see this when I looked through the FHM4 change list, but I figured I'd ask it here. Has there been any fix to the issue of players who are considered too young to sign in that league having severely reduced trade value?

For example, Case McCarthy was picked 1st overall by the Devils in 2019 in my latest PtG game (consensus 1.5 current, 5.0 potential). I traded with the Devils at the draft to get him, three 2nd round picks, and a 3rd rounder for Vladimir Bobylyov (consensus 1.5 current/potential). Day after the draft I try to sign him and it says he's too young to sign. I could sign him at some point shortly after, but it seems like a serious issue that I can get just about any top prospect right at the draft for practically nothing.

JeffR 10-01-2017 01:31 AM

That short period between draft day and the player being signable on July 1 shouldn't affect his trade value at all. But I just checked and it does still seem to be happening, I was able to make an unreasonable offer for the guy picked #1 overall after the end of the 2018 draft. That's most likely something going awry with the way a player's rights are valued, possibly in combination with a low ability-high potential situation, not his signability. The fix may not make it in for Monday's pre-release, but we'll be making changes for the full release on Friday, hopefully we can figure it out by then.

eldur00 10-01-2017 02:35 AM

Are you going to get trade offers for players other than the ones on your trading block now ?

JeffR 10-01-2017 02:40 AM

I just started a test game today to get screenshots for the manual and I had two in the first month or so.

ebenton96 10-01-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4238790)
That's most likely something going awry with the way a player's rights are valued, possibly in combination with a low ability-high potential situation, not his signability.

I'm not so sure about that. I had a similar issue with a PtG game in the WHL with players from the 2016 WHL draft where I could trade for any of them in exchange for a 15th round pick or the rights to a fringe CHLer (as long as they weren't an over-ager or under-ager). All of those players are considered too young to be signed at the start of the game (as they should be).