OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 15 - New to the Game? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3881)
-   -   Fictional/Historical - Reserve Clause Era rules and minor league free agency (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=250740)

Mordrehl 02-10-2015 10:23 AM

Fictional/Historical - Reserve Clause Era rules and minor league free agency

Ok upgraded from OOTP14 to 15 since it's on sale. Started a new fictional league in 1905 with 5 levels of Minor Leagues and Feeder Leagues. Nothing too extravagant.

I have reserve era rules enabled, so free agency should not be happening ... yet every year a small handful of players in the minor leagues are going to free agency ....

am I missing something? The only thing I can think it might be caused by, is that I used a league template from OOTP14 and the financials are "messed" up on the backend somewhere ... going to test with a fresh made fictional league tonight

Anybody else expreience this?

Richard Stallworth 02-10-2015 03:58 PM

"Reserve Era" rules

How did you enable "Reserve Era" rules? I'm trying to start in the 1890s
playing a fictional version of the old American Association. I see references to "free agents" and "contract negotiations." Not in the 1890s
with people like John T. Brush as a team owner. I'm also still having problems creating the right demographics for my league.

The Game 02-10-2015 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mordrehl (Post 3809971)
Ok upgraded from OOTP14 to 15 since it's on sale. Started a new fictional league in 1905 with 5 levels of Minor Leagues and Feeder Leagues. Nothing too extravagant.

I have reserve era rules enabled, so free agency should not be happening ... yet every year a small handful of players in the minor leagues are going to free agency ....

am I missing something? The only thing I can think it might be caused by, is that I used a league template from OOTP14 and the financials are "messed" up on the backend somewhere ... going to test with a fresh made fictional league tonight

Anybody else expreience this?

What do you have on the screen below? I have option years enabled so I do have some minor league FA's.

The Game 02-10-2015 07:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Stallworth (Post 3810164)
How did you enable "Reserve Era" rules? I'm trying to start in the 1890s
playing a fictional version of the old American Association. I see references to "free agents" and "contract negotiations." Not in the 1890s
with people like John T. Brush as a team owner. I'm also still having problems creating the right demographics for my league.

League settings - Financials must be at league creation or preseason.

Mordrehl 02-24-2015 09:34 PM

Sorry for the late reply ... I sorted it out. It had to have been something with the OOTP14 template I used, started from scratch and it's fine now

However ... now I'm going crazy because I'm historical rookies popping up yet I don't have those options enabled in any of the leagues active in my game :P