OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 19 - New to the Game? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3909)
-   -   How to manage morale? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=264053)

javydreamercsw 03-23-2016 01:52 PM

How to manage morale?

Let me start by saying this is my first time playing the game and I'm hooked by the level of detail of this game.

On my current season, I'm getting a lot of complaints due to low morale in the dugout. How can I handle this? How can I identify the trouble makers?

Thanks in advance!

mitchkenn 03-23-2016 02:43 PM

most important is to win.

but you also need someone or two who are "captains".

and if you click on each player, and then click on edit, on the left side under "personality" it should give something like "normal" captain" "hustler". If you find "slacker" or worse "cancer", those are good bets to try and unload.

but really, sometimes i've seen those complaints and no one is a stand out problem and i never did figure out a way to boost morale on those squads. so i just got rid of as many under performers as i could and waited for the next draft to change things ... it worked as often as not.

javydreamercsw 03-23-2016 02:48 PM

I was hoping to be able to sort by morale in one of the player views but saw no way to do it.

One by one is not efficient. Just wanted to know if someone knew a way.

javydreamercsw 03-23-2016 02:55 PM

I just hope the simulation is off or the Rangers will have an awful season this year :P

ohiodevil 03-23-2016 03:26 PM

Sometimes hiring a coach that is good in the clubhouse works too. I had some issues in my clubhouse and made a change at Bench Coach to a guy that it said was very good in clubhouse, and it seemed to fix the problem.

javydreamercsw 03-23-2016 04:28 PM

Thanks for the tip!

wolverinebball11 03-23-2016 04:40 PM

It will generally help morale if you have players with high leadership ability. You can look at the BNN Page on a player's profile to see it. Too many players with low leadership, especially if they aren't offset by others with high leadership, tends to make your players upset.

Baldrick88 03-23-2016 08:32 PM

This moral in the clubhouse is a pain. I can't control it everyone is unhappy and there is no cause. Reminds me of Football Manger where they get pissed off too easily.

Cod 03-23-2016 09:08 PM

Like Wolverinebball11 said, having players with high or very high leadership ability helps as well. You need to look at all those "intangibles". Things such as loyalty, intelligence, etc. since they all have some effect on the overall team chemistry.

wolverinebball11 03-24-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldrick88 (Post 4006410)
This moral in the clubhouse is a pain. I can't control it everyone is unhappy and there is no cause. Reminds me of Football Manger where they get pissed off too easily.

Nah you can control it. There's always a cause, it's up to you to find out what it is!

Baldrick88 03-24-2016 10:33 AM

OOTP17 Sherlock Edition

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolverinebball11 (Post 4006694)
Nah you can control it. There's always a cause, it's up to you to find out what it is!

Detective game now too LOL

OK I let go or traded everyone with low leadership. Did the scan of their personalitys in commish mode (only looking at that, no cheating) and they are all normal. Sigh, now do i demote them one at a time to see if it's that person? Why don't they just say who it is?!

Thanks All for your help, but this problem is making my winning team loose!

ohiodevil 03-24-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldrick88 (Post 4006862)
Detective game now too LOL

OK I let go or traded everyone with low leadership. Did the scan of their personalitys in commish mode (only looking at that, no cheating) and they are all normal. Sigh, now do i demote them one at a time to see if it's that person? Why don't they just say who it is?!

Thanks All for your help, but this problem is making my winning team loose!

Have you tried bringing in a coach who is good in the clubhouse? Not sure if you are using the real rosters of fictional, but I signed a coach with the last name Moran (not in front of the game) and it says he is great in the clubhouse, plus I just acquired Travis d'Arnaud and got the message that the players are excited for his addition because of his great leadership.

And if all else fails, you can turn off player morale. ;)

Baldrick88 03-25-2016 11:52 AM

Tried all the suggestions and they all still hate each other. Removed ANYONE who isn't normal in all the categories. Guess I turn it off. What a silly feature.

ohiodevil 03-25-2016 12:04 PM

How much time are you giving for things to improve? I does not happen over night, I think it too my team a couple of months to see any kind of improvement.

Baldrick88 03-26-2016 11:37 AM

A few months after the purge nothing happened. At the end of the season I let a bunch go, including my star player $25 Mil 5 star center fielder, who was full of him self (I wonder why?), my coaches etc. Next season now with players who are leaders and aren't selfish. Still the same problem. I turned it off as it's just crazy. Am I a detective or a shrink? At least in Football Mogul they tell you who they hate.

I want to play with all the difficulty and options, we need more info on why they get mad. The AI deals with it quite nicely.

Painmantle 03-26-2016 11:50 AM

You can have problem players but you need leaders to balance the scale. if you have 3 guys with low/very low leadership/ethic/loyalty your gonna need guys with high/very high leadership to counter weight your clubhouse. Clubhouses don't fall apart overnight and they don't get fixed overnight. you need to keep an eye on stuff and fix it before it becomes a problem

Here is an example, it is kinda like a guy cutting a fart in the classroom, "The Smeller is the feller" On this NY Giants team I have a total of 3 players who have Team chemistry issues. In the picture below we see the problem child. Bottom left of his card " He is upset due to disruptive influences on the team" Two other guys have the same thing in that area, BUT This player is the only one who has anything negative in his "Personality"

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/...psxcaawowl.png

So my options are Get rid of McMichael, get rid of the two guys he's pissing off and hope he doesn't make more people mad, or I can try to get more leaders on my team and see if they can reign it in. Obviously the fastest, safest surest way to resolve this before it becomes a clubhouse wide problem is to get rid of McMichale

If you have a pissed off team, it's usually the guy complaining the loudest that is the issue, But an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, you need to keep an eye on your players

Painmantle 03-26-2016 11:56 AM

Oh yeah, and winning can solve a lot of problems too :)

Baldrick88 03-27-2016 11:24 PM

Everyone is angry face at me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Painmantle (Post 4008726)
Oh yeah, and winning can solve a lot of problems too :)

Well I've tried everything. Bad moral makes you loose too which makes it worse. I give up on moral!! I'm not stupid but I have no trouble makers, i have leaders, vet leadership, and everyone is massively unhappy no matter what I do. Spent 6 seasons trying to make people happy and that's IT! I've reset happiness a few times but 6-7 games in everyone is angry face at me.

Painmantle 03-28-2016 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldrick88 (Post 4010026)
Well I've tried everything. Bad moral makes you loose too which makes it worse. I give up on moral!! I'm not stupid but I have no trouble makers, i have leaders, vet leadership, and everyone is massively unhappy no matter what I do. Spent 6 seasons trying to make people happy and that's IT! I've reset happiness a few times but 6-7 games in everyone is angry face at me.

If everyone is angry faced then you simply aren't paying enough attention to that area, so turning Moral off is probably the best solution. OOTP has a lot of depth and not all aspects are ideal for everyone's sim style and/or taste

Baldrick88 03-28-2016 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Painmantle (Post 4010087)
If everyone is angry faced then you simply aren't paying enough attention to that area, so turning Moral off is probably the best solution. OOTP has a lot of depth and not all aspects are ideal for everyone's sim style and/or taste

True man!! I built a good team but they all hate each other. There must be a Yoko in there breaking them apart. I even hired 43 year old AJ Perzenski to add some grey fatherly love to the team but they hate him too. LOL