OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 14 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3858)
-   -   OOTP 14 Opening Day Roster vs. OOTP 13 End of Season Quickstart (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=228667)

AC 03-04-2013 10:45 AM

OOTP 14 Opening Day Roster vs. OOTP 13 End of Season Quickstart

Regarding ratings and player development, will there be major differences between the OOTP 14 opening day roster and the end of season quickstart that came out for OOTP 13 a few months back?

I have about a month of free time before I'll be swamped by a new job and I'd like to get a head start on a new career. I manage most of my games, so if I could get a head start on my new career in OOTP 13, then import it into 14, that'd be great.

I usually do a fantasy draft, so having each player on his/her new team doesn't really matter to me. Having updated and accurate ratings and development patterns does, however.

Any insight is appreciated.

D-BacksJosh 03-04-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC (Post 3454799)
Regarding ratings and player development, will there be major differences between the OOTP 14 opening day roster and the end of season quickstart that came out for OOTP 13 a few months back?

I have about a month of free time before I'll be swamped by a new job and I'd like to get a head start on a new career. I manage most of my games, so if I could get a head start on my new career in OOTP 13, then import it into 14, that'd be great.

I usually do a fantasy draft, so having each player on his/her new team doesn't really matter to me. Having updated and accurate ratings and development patterns does, however.

I would assume it would be different since OOTP14 will be implementing the PECOTA projection system into player ratings. So if you want to START your league with the new system you would have to wait, but I am pretty sure that player ratings for a league from a previous version will be updated with the new system also.

olivertheorem 03-04-2013 08:37 PM

PECOTA projections are being used in generating the ratings for the players in the MLB quickstart for OOTP 14, so I'm not sure how that would influence ratings from an imported OOTP13 game.

haveband 03-05-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC (Post 3454799)

Hey,

Yes it is going to be a completely different file altogether. Back a few months ago, we didn't have all the 2013 stats, contracts, projections etc. Which we do now. I would honestly say just have fun with what you have now in 13 and just wait for 14. You won't be disappointed.

hb

AC 03-05-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haveband (Post 3456247)
Hey,

Yes it is going to be a completely different file altogether. Back a few months ago, we didn't have all the 2013 stats, contracts, projections etc. Which we do now. I would honestly say just have fun with what you have now in 13 and just wait for 14. You won't be disappointed.

hb

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured.

Hurry up and release the game already:D

The Wolf 03-05-2013 01:26 PM

"OOTP 14 is scheduled for an April release!" :)