OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - Technical Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3901)
-   -   The Bug Report Thread (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=258891)

Markus Heinsohn 09-28-2015 10:53 AM

The Bug Report Thread

Note: Thread will be opened after release.

THIS THREAD IS FOR BUG REPORTS ONLY!

A product as complex as FHM2 will never release without bugs. There will be thousands of people playing and they will find things we did not discover.

If the game does not run for you at all, please check here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...l-support.html

If you have problems activating the game read this: Activation Problems

This thread is for PROPER bug reporting! If you find a bug, please post a detailed explanation here, and also upload your league files! (Does not apply to purely cosmetic bugs, here a screenshot should be enough). Please zip the league files (just the *.dat files, you find your saved games in your My Documents folder within the Out of the Park Developments folder, i.e. "My Documents/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2/saved_games". FTP the zipped league files to our support server (instructions here: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments ) and add the league file name to your post. IMPORTANT: Bug reports without uploaded league files will be ignored!

Thanks, and enjoy the game! :)

Pete Grassi 09-28-2015 02:56 PM

I cannot activate the game. Get an error message that states "The game could not be activated, please try again later"

Markus Heinsohn 09-28-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Grassi (Post 3929199)
I cannot activate the game. Get an error message that states "The game could not be activated, please try again later"

Activation Problems for OOTP - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Pete Grassi 09-28-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 3929203)

Edit: Got it activated using offline code

Jaurxe 09-28-2015 03:04 PM

Started a game as GM of Hamilton Bulldogs in OHL. When I click on "OHL Priority Draft Log" in the top right in the Team + League Controls tab, the game crashes.

JeffR 09-28-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaurxe (Post 3929213)
Started a game as GM of Hamilton Bulldogs in OHL. When I click on "OHL Priority Draft Log" in the top right in the Team + League Controls tab, the game crashes.

Looks like it's a data error with the draft history of a particular player in that draft that'll cause a crash if you try to view a page with him on it. Malte's fixed it, but you'll want to avoid looking at the 2015 OHL draft until it's patched.

MM95 09-28-2015 03:22 PM

On MacBook Pro with retina display 90% of the user interface is sharp and how it should be but couple of things are not, for example the main menu and player popup dialogs are slightly blurred.

Wings91pdx 09-28-2015 03:40 PM

Submitted a ticket but wanted to post here too in case anyone else has the issue. When I try to start a new game, it tells me it can't open the league file when I create it. Also when I try to do a custom league, it says, invalid database.

Jaurxe 09-28-2015 03:44 PM

During the OHL Preseason, it looks like my team, Hamilton Bulldogs has hired a 2nd GM? His name is Larry Bernard and both of us show up on the Personnel page as the General Manager. I know we lost most of our preseason games, but that's a bit harsh!

captinpank 09-28-2015 03:50 PM

Started an NHL season as the Blackhawks, hired a second GM, and my coach doesn't have a contract. File name is Captinpank-FHM2-9-28-15.lg

Edit: I just restarted a league (In commish mode) and at first Q and I had contracts. Then I edited Him and I, after editing the contracts were no longer there and our salaries were zero. I was able to "take over" the hawks from "available jobs" section in the manage tab and my contract was back, but alas, Q is still donating his services to the Hawks.

CmdrSharp 09-28-2015 03:59 PM

In the Swedish Hockey League (SHL), the rule about "max number of foreigners" is still active, even though that rule was scrapped last year. I see no option to alter this either.

Didn't upload a league file as this isn't anything specific for my save - it's just a rule that isn't matched for SHL.

EDIT:
On that note, that only happened when going to "Play game" under the Play-submenu. When disabling the option to skip games on "Finish today" and then clicking "Finish today", it advanced to the game anyway.

Bluenoser 09-28-2015 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Unable to scroll all the way to the bottom of this page for beard options (facegen settings) in Setup/Options.

My setting is windowed, 1920x1080
_

Orioles1966 09-28-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pens66 (Post 3929331)
Solid first impression. Game runs smooth and it's fun to fiddle around with it. The popups are a nice addition.

The fighting crowd won't be pleased, though. There's no way to recreate the 70s and 80s and the penalty totals are obviously "inflated" by having too many one-on-one fights in certain years to account for the lack of multiplayer fisticuffs.

There's a couple of bugs here and there (can't use keyboard to adjust certain numbers on edit screens or sorting attributes from lowest to highest instead of the other way round in rosters screens), but nothing game breakiing so far. Thank god! :D

My game crashed first time I tried to play an exhibition game. Maybe its because the rosters weren't full.

Malte Schwarz 09-28-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orioles1966 (Post 3929366)
My game crashed first time I tried to play an exhibition game. Maybe its because the rosters weren't full.

Please upload the save, so we can look into it.

indianag99 09-28-2015 04:41 PM

Problem with the installation

I have Mac OSX 10.6.8 and when I try to open FHM2 for the first time, I get an error message saying that the game is not compatible with it. I have already sent a support ticket but no answer so far. Thanks.

MM95 09-28-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indianag99 (Post 3929377)
I have Mac OSX 10.6.8 and when I try to open FHM2 for the first time, I get an error message saying that the game is not compatible with it. I have already sent a support ticket but no answer so far. Thanks.

The game requires OS X 10.7 or newer.

Laraque27 09-28-2015 05:51 PM

The player search screen is broken. No players appear. I've even reduced and increased the search parameters.

JeffR 09-28-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laraque27 (Post 3929473)
The player search screen is broken. No players appear. I've even reduced and increased the search parameters.

Are you entering anything in the Enter Name box? There needs to be something there, the filters won't automatically search through every player in the game.

buzzy 09-28-2015 06:17 PM

in my quickstart none of my 4 games show up so cannot start in quickstart. reinstalled 5v times but still not there but it is in my documents folder can anyone help me

Orioles1966 09-28-2015 06:27 PM

I'm having screen problems also. I have a laptop. I play in fullscreen and the play game tab still is hidden. I played in windowed version also(my preferred version) with no luck concerning the play game tab.

Shouldn't an important tab like the play game tab be at the top of the screen rather at the bottom? I can't recall an OOTP game with the play game tab at the bottom of the screen.

I'm stuck for an answer so at least I can still form leagues but that's about all I can do.