OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   What is going to happen to (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=306695)

HelpDodgers 09-18-2019 04:11 PM

What is going to happen to

Felipe Vazquez?

He is on one of my minor league teams and a 91 rating.

Does he get removed from the game, or card made inactive?

mcdog512 09-18-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelpDodgers (Post 4537965)
Felipe Vazquez?

He is on one of my minor league teams and a 91 rating.

Does he get removed from the game, or card made inactive?

Should be neither. If he doesn't play the rest of the season his card will stay exactly the same.

He hasn't been convicted of anything yet so I wouldn't remove from the game. Plus, it's a current player so would be harder I would think.

HelpDodgers 09-18-2019 04:34 PM

They have video, it looks bad for him.

mcdog512 09-18-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelpDodgers (Post 4537972)
They have video, it looks bad for him.

I'm not defending him, just saying what the policy is. They removed a card a while back when he was accused of some pretty horrendous crimes, they could do that here.

HRBaker 09-20-2019 09:08 AM

I only had him on 1 team - sold him for the 4k while I still had the chance.

GlassGuyBob 09-20-2019 09:29 AM

Last year they removed John Wetteland and replaced him with an identical Tom Gordon card.

Wetteland is still awaiting trial and has not been convicted. He has denied the allegations and plans to plead not guilty. He was not removed because he was convicted.

Police records indicate that Vazquez has admitted to trying to have sex with a 13 year old and that there is evidence of him sending videos of sex acts to this 13 year old.

If people want to reserve judgement, that's up to them. However, a number of people who have locked him due to the Pirates mission have indicated their unhappiness with being unable to sell him.

Personally, I believe it would be a good move to remove him from the game.

jeffw3000 09-20-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassGuyBob (Post 4538541)
Last year they removed John Wetteland and replaced him with an identical Tom Gordon card.

Wetteland is still awaiting trial and has not been convicted. He has denied the allegations and plans to plead not guilty. He was not removed because he was convicted.

Police records indicate that Vazquez has admitted to trying to have sex with a 13 year old and that there is evidence of him sending videos of sex acts to this 13 year old.

If people want to reserve judgement, that's up to them. However, a number of people who have locked him due to the Pirates mission have indicated their unhappiness with being unable to sell him.

Personally, I believe it would be a good move to remove him from the game.

Too bad my Pirates could not also have him replaced by another pitcher with identical skills.

I think he should be removed as well. He has already admitted to trying to have sex with her, which is statutory, sexual assault, when she was 13. A first degree felony in PA, since he was 26 at the time. They also charged him with unlawful contact with a minor, which is also a felony.
They also have photos, not video, of him in lewd positions that he sent to her on her phone, but those crimes would need to be charged in Florida.

I am not at all for not rushing to judgement, but since he admitted to trying to have sex with her, I think you can pretty much presume guilt. According to police, his story and her story corroborate each other. He did say he thought she might have been 16, but that is not really an excuse, and even if she was 16 the statutory charge would not have applied, but the unlawful contact with a minor would still have been a crime. I think by the fact that he admitted it you can pretty much assume he is guilty, and remove him from the game. MLB baseball should act quickly as well. Right now he is on administrative leave and still receiving his salary.

BigRed75 09-20-2019 10:37 AM

As someone pointed out in another thread, it's entirely possible (and we don't know) the licensing agreement with the MLBPA could have some wording about whether or not active players must be represented in the game. Active, in this case, meaning players under contract to a big-league club, which Vazquez still is, as the Pirates haven't voided his contract.

Regardless, I've done what I can do and removed him from the team of mine where he was the closer.

Kris Jardine 09-20-2019 11:40 AM

As I responded in another thread:

The team is aware of and actively monitoring/looking into the Vazquez situation.