OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3949)
-   -   Game Keeps Crashing on the Same Day (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303217)

amkirby10 05-15-2019 02:19 AM

Game Keeps Crashing on the Same Day

Hey guys,

I've been playing the game for a few months now. I really like it, but I have had some issues with crashes before. In the past, the crashes were largely unpredictable, and often came as the game was slowing down after many hours of consecutive play. And if it was a predictable pattern (there was a time where the trade screen would sometimes lead to crashes), leaving that alone and simming for a while would usually fix it. However, I've recently run into a point where one day seems to cause constant crashes. The date in question is April 27, 2033. This is between games 1 and 2 of my second round series. For a while, I thought it would be fixed by just trying it enough times, like in the past, so I'd keep trying and it would keep kicking me back to April 2, when I had last saved. And it kept happening, no matter where I or my competitors would finish in the division or how the playoffs played out, between games 1 and 2 of the second round the game would keep crashing. I smartened up and saved after the first round, so not as much progress would be lost. Basically I just want to play past this point lol, my team looks good this year and still has a promising future.

My save file is uploaded as "bruins 2032 playoffs.lg.rar".

Thanks for trying to help me out you guys!

JeffR 05-15-2019 08:42 AM

Looks like a Swedish league goalie has a broken roster status that's causing a crash. It doesn't seem to respond to the usual method of resetting, though. So the simplest thing to do, since he's not particularly significant and his team's about to be relegated anyhow, is just to retire him: turn commissioner mode on in manager options, then search for Sebastian Steen in the player search box, and, once you find him, go to his edit menu and click on retire, then save the change. Once that's done the game will continue without crashing.

Sebastian Palkowski 05-15-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amkirby10 (Post 4488610)
Hey guys,

In the past, the crashes were largely unpredictable, and often came as the game was slowing down after many hours of consecutive play.

I would recommend to close the game and restart it from time to time when you play many hours consecutively (not when you just simulate, I run sim´s of 10+ hours without any problems, but when you really play), that way you should improve the stability quit a bit.

amkirby10 05-15-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4488666)
Looks like a Swedish league goalie has a broken roster status that's causing a crash. It doesn't seem to respond to the usual method of resetting, though. So the simplest thing to do, since he's not particularly significant and his team's about to be relegated anyhow, is just to retire him: turn commissioner mode on in manager options, then search for Sebastian Steen in the player search box, and, once you find him, go to his edit menu and click on retire, then save the change. Once that's done the game will continue without crashing.

That does not seem to have fixed the problem, the game still crashes on the day off between Game 1 and Game 2.

JeffR 05-15-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amkirby10 (Post 4488741)
That does not seem to have fixed the problem, the game still crashes on the day off between Game 1 and Game 2.

Ah, turns out you need to do one more thing after retiring him for it to fix the team roster: go to IF Malmö Redhawks in the Swedish Hockey League, and then use the "AI Setup Organization" option on the action menu of their roster screen. It should continue without a crash after doing that.

amkirby10 05-15-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4488969)
Ah, turns out you need to do one more thing after retiring him for it to fix the team roster: go to IF Malmö Redhawks in the Swedish Hockey League, and then use the "AI Setup Organization" option on the action menu of their roster screen. It should continue without a crash after doing that.

This worked out, thanks so much!!