OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 15 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3876)
-   -   Using a Generated FaceGen in Another Saved Game? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=249950)

Charlie Hough 01-14-2015 05:30 PM

Using a Generated FaceGen in Another Saved Game?

I know that FaceGens all exist in the saved game subfolders, and I can find the FaceGen that was created for me as a GM/manager in the game.

However, is there a way to export, copy, rename, or otherwise use the same underlying FaceGen for use in another game, where a different ballcap would be applied or maybe I could convert the FaceGen into a coach image with the full uniform?

I'm not interested in creating a FaceGen of myself using a real picture. I know that you can do that, but my OOTP GM persona is fictional, and I prefer to use a FaceGen generated by OOTP.

I really like the one that it used for my current saved game, and I'd like to reuse it in future games. Unfortunately, I think the underlying FaceGen is actually stored in the saved game's faces file, which I can't access.

I tried simply copying my current FaceGen PNG image into the appropriate subfolder where the manager_1.png is located in another saved game, and then I asked the game to regenerate the same picture, hopefully with the ballcap corrected. Instead, it must have pulled the original FaceGen file from the faces file because it reverted back to the one that I had replaced.

Unfortunately, I think the answer to my question will be 'no'.

DreamTeams 01-14-2015 07:15 PM

Try renaming the facegen file to the name of your GM/manager instead of using a file number...

Been a long time since I've done this, but it should look like this:

First name_Last name (i.e: Bill_Peterson).

That should work.

The Game 01-14-2015 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Hough (Post 3796142)

. Unfortunately, I think the underlying FaceGen is actually stored in the saved game's faces file, which I can't access.

Why can't you access it? When I opened up mine to look for the fg i use which is of Count Dooku as General Maximillian Doobie i do not see it.

Charlie Hough 01-15-2015 01:33 AM

You misunderstood what I was describing. I'm not talking about the pictures file, which shows pictures with the ballcap added based on an underlying FaceGen. I'm talking about the Faces.dat file, which contains the underlying FaceGen but cannot be accessed by any program as far as I know.

The FaceGen in the league's picture files does not help here. You can copy it over to another saved game, and I also tried renaming it based on my GM/manager's name, as DreamTeams suggested, but OOTP is unable to apply a new ballcap to it. The FaceGen continues to show the original image with the ballcap from the other league, which I don't want. Telling OOTP to regenerate the FaceGen simply recreates the exact same thing with that same ballcap.

Bigrod 01-15-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Hough (Post 3796295)

The FaceGen in the league's picture files does not help here. You can copy it over to another saved game, and I also tried renaming it based on my GM/manager's name, as DreamTeams suggested, but OOTP is unable to apply a new ballcap to it. The FaceGen continues to show the original image with the ballcap from the other league, which I don't want. Telling OOTP to regenerate the FaceGen simply recreates the exact same thing with that same ballcap.

That's because ootp doesn't reconvert the png to facegen. It uses the original face data in the faces.dat (you already know this) file...your only option is to open the .png and recolor/change what you want, save it to ootp's photos folder and import it from there. Or replace the one you want with it in the profile and person_pictures folder.