OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3944)
-   -   Late pack luck (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=302347)

W0rmzbr0 04-19-2019 11:34 AM

Late pack luck

Opened a pack today for my pack-only team and pulled Old Hoss Radbourn!

Wish I could've gotten him earlier, or at least pulled him in PT 2.0. He's already delivered a CG shutout in his first start.

Kushiel 04-19-2019 09:26 PM

All I do now in PT 19 is open packs. The AH is weak and usually vastly overpriced. I keep hoping to catch lightning in a bottle but so far no good. I did pull a Treinen yesterday and sold it in 5 minutes to open some more packs. Then not even a gold out of that mess. :rolleyes::laugh:.

<Pion> 04-19-2019 11:16 PM

I finally used my 67K on packs because the players I was looking for either aren't ever there anymore or are priced at double. Got some decent players like Edwin Diaz and a couple of good gold players, but on the very last pack I pulled Pedro Martinez...

… (not Perfect Pedro) :D

mcdog512 04-20-2019 08:44 PM

I pulled a bunch of packs as people have mentioned the AH ain't that great. I got a bunch of rocks as Charlie Brown would say.

Findest2001 04-30-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdog512 (Post 4477617)
I pulled a bunch of packs as people have mentioned the AH ain't that great. I got a bunch of rocks as Charlie Brown would say.

I have been buying packs due to AH shortage as well and I'm getting majorly terrible pulls. I'll get 3 of the same ironcard in a pack, and in my last 23 packs I've gotten one gold that I auto-sold because it goes for 1111 on the AH, and THREE silvers. In 23 packs... One of them was Bob Boone, so upon selling him I'll only be at a 16000 PP loss lol

UPDATE: Bought fifteen more packs, and no golds, only 2 silvers. So in 38 packs I've gotten 1 Gold (auto-sell value), 5 silvers, and the rest bronze or iron.

Dunzie 04-30-2019 09:55 PM

Yikes. I'm only pulling packs in PT20 - quite frankly because I just can't seem to get into my teams there. I'm still finding occasional gold nuggets in the AH in PT19... but you're not wrong in saying it has been tougher to get cards you're after.

Kushiel 05-01-2019 08:34 AM

My Pack luck has been bad too. The AH is so thin and overpriced though as to make all packs strategy seem worth all the disappointments. I think I have a better chance to help my teams and that is a sad testimony of the state of PT 19.

OMGPuppies 05-02-2019 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kushiel (Post 4482281)
My Pack luck has been bad too. The AH is so thin and overpriced though as to make all packs strategy seem worth all the disappointments. I think I have a better chance to help my teams and that is a sad testimony of the state of PT 19.

Busted 50 packs tonight and pulled a few Diamonds. Papelbon, Judge, Rendon, and some Cy Seymour guy who is worth a lot. I regret busting packs in 20, but this is fun because there is nothing else to do with the PP.

Findest2001 05-02-2019 08:44 AM

I agree even though the luck sucks it is kind of fun

CurlyKarkovice 05-02-2019 05:15 PM

Wow I logged on for the first time since '20 came out. Been bounced out of Perfect league a couple times. Diamond League now.

88000 PP. Nothing good in AH buy it now prices like you all said. Going all packs. 40 out of 88 through. Diamonds Goldschmidt (upgrade added him to active) and Nola (selling) and '91 Griffey (selling, already have him). Scattered 2018 Golds nothing that will help the squad though.

Dunzie 05-03-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice (Post 4483002)
Wow I logged on for the first time since '20 came out. Been bounced out of Perfect league a couple times. Diamond League now.

88000 PP. Nothing good in AH buy it now prices like you all said. Going all packs. 40 out of 88 through. Diamonds Goldschmidt (upgrade added him to active) and Nola (selling) and '91 Griffey (selling, already have him). Scattered 2018 Golds nothing that will help the squad though.

So what I read is that 40,000PP got you a few weaker diamonds. Yikes. Sure hope the next 48 packs are better to you!!

Findest2001 05-03-2019 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunzie (Post 4483530)
So what I read is that 40,000PP got you a few weaker diamonds. Yikes. Sure hope the next 48 packs are better to you!!

I just got 40 packs and got a gold Dierker, Gold Trevor Story (both only auto-sell value at this point in PT19, and an Aaron Judge which sadly is also an auto-sell at this stage for a measly 4k. So I lost almost 33k PP once you subtract all the silvers, irons, and bronzes I auto-sold

Dunzie 05-04-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Findest2001 (Post 4483532)
I just got 40 packs and got a gold Dierker, Gold Trevor Story (both only auto-sell value at this point in PT19, and an Aaron Judge which sadly is also an auto-sell at this stage for a measly 4k. So I lost almost 33k PP once you subtract all the silvers, irons, and bronzes I auto-sold

Wow. That’s rough. Not a convincing argument to spend all your winnings on packs!!

Findest2001 05-04-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunzie (Post 4483734)
Wow. That’s rough. Not a convincing argument to spend all your winnings on packs!!

No kidding. It's on my theme team though. And I have every single player that the team has except for one and that one is never on the auction house. So I have nothing else to do with my money then buy packs. shrug

Dogberry99 05-04-2019 05:57 PM

The Matagorda Bay Packers, my Gold-Pack only team (which was a terrible idea if you want to actually be competitive btw), just acquired Brett Anderson, who at 82 OVR is a significant addition to the weakest aspect of the team. The same gold pack also gave them their first player rated higher than 86 OVR - the Perfect Jeff Bagwell.

The mad scientist in me really wants to train him up at 2B :laugh:

Late Edit: Why not? He should approach a defensive rating of 40 there. Flexibility is never a bad thing, and we're not exactly tearing up our silver league competition...

Findest2001 05-04-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogberry99 (Post 4483790)
The Matagorda Bay Packers, my Gold-Pack only team (which was a terrible idea if you want to actually be competitive btw), just acquired Brett Anderson, who at 82 OVR is a significant addition to the weakest aspect of the team. The same gold pack also gave them their first player rated higher than 86 OVR - the Perfect Jeff Bagwell.

Late Edit: Why not? He should approach a defensive rating of 40 there. Flexibility is never a bad thing, and we're not exactly tearing up our silver league competition...

Ouch. Gold only huh? Thats tough.

<Pion> 05-06-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogberry99 (Post 4483790)

If Max Muncy can play 2B for the real life Dodgers, it wouldn't be a stretch to have Bagwell there as well. But then even when fully trained, it would kill your pitching staff. Glad I wasn't Rich Hill this past weekend. FWIW, Muncy did adequate on the plays he should have made, but there was a DP ball I felt a better fielder would have made (he wasn't the quickest at turning it)

<Pion> 05-11-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Findest2001 (Post 4483532)

Sold a Diamond Bobby Murcer that was on my reserve list and opened 18 packs getting a Perfect Lou Gehrig. :tt1:

<Pion> 05-11-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by <Pion> (Post 4487141)
Sold a Diamond Bobby Murcer that was on my reserve list and opened 18 packs getting a Perfect Lou Gehrig. :tt1:

Wow, 1Bmen coming in bunches. In my last 4 packs I got Diamond Paul Goldschmidt and Freddie Freeman. One will either have to be a backup or get sold.

Findest2001 05-11-2019 08:28 PM

I'm at over 100 packs and all I got was an Aaron Nola and a couple low-golds like Corbin, Haniger, and Gregorius. Roughly a 80k loss since last post :(

EDIT: Immediately after posting this I bought 4 packs and got a Rizzo and Donaldson. Good...but not great.