OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3639)
-   -   Crash when trying to get to Spring Training (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=193348)

snake1399 02-21-2010 10:34 PM

Crash when trying to get to Spring Training

Hey guys

New and potentially big problem:

I tried running a sim tonight for my online Modern League and it crashed multiple times on me. We are currently readying to enter our 4th season, 2012. I was able to sim up to 3/1/2012 with Spring Training scheduled to begin on 3/2/2012. When i try to sim to the start of Spring Training, it seems to get hung up and then i get the error message "OOTP has stopped working"

I have my previous 2 sims saved as back-ups and tried both and got the same message. I have never had an issue before with OOTP crashing and did not do anything differently this sim. I did not click around while it was "simulating" or when it appeared to be hung up, i just let it sit.

I do have an associate commissioner so tomorrow i'm going to work with him to see if he can get it "flipped" to Spring Training, but wondered if this has happened to anyone before. I didn't see any threads/solutions for it.

any thoughts are appreciated

thanks!
Snake

TribeFanInNC 02-21-2010 10:57 PM

Well, I've seen a couple threads like this but no concrete solutions.

Is anything else flipping at the same time, like a minor league? Are any of the minor leagues or feeders hung without finishing the playoffs or something? I guess my point is that it might not be ML related.

snake1399 02-22-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC (Post 2910906)

Is anything else flipping at the same time, like a minor league? Are any of the minor leagues or feeders hung without finishing the playoffs or something? I guess my point is that it might not be ML related.

Not that i know of but i'll check. I just added feeder leagues after last years draft so this will be the first season we've used them. I deleted both feeder leagues in one of my attempts to see if that was the issue and it still got hung up. I'll investigate all the minor league levels tomorrow and see if i can find anything. thanks TribeFan

snake1399 02-22-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC (Post 2910906)

well you might be on to something, but not sure really how to fix it. Here's what i found

In my Pioneer (rookie ball league), some of pitchers stats from the previous year (2011) are showing up in the lower area of the pitching staff tab. Generally those would all be zeroed out after the New Year (they are zeroed out in the upper portion unless i filter to last years stats)

So i'd be willing to bet this is whats causing the hangup, the question now is: how do i clear them out?

snake1399 02-24-2010 09:39 AM

looks like the resolution to this is to turn Spring Training off. I tried it on a back-up file last night and it seems to have worked

Tony M 02-24-2010 10:09 AM

As you seem to have got a work-round I'll close this thread, but make a note to get the XI beta testers to have a look at replicating this.