OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   MLBM 2018 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3926)
-   -   Update (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=286421)

mlefkee2 03-20-2018 09:33 AM

Update

Anything new with this game? Is it just a roster update again?

Star Chamber 03-20-2018 05:31 PM

They haven't said jack. Another year proving they don't give much of a **** about their mobile customers.

wodi 03-20-2018 11:52 PM

Yeah, if they were making changes, they’d advertise it at least around here.

Still makes no sense to me how they dont give attention to a community that is always growing (mobile).

MooseMichaels 03-22-2018 03:23 PM

You know my laptop converts to a tablet and interestingly enough the full game runs great with a touch interface. I imagine processing power isn’t where it needs to be though for that game to be fully mobile.

wodi 03-22-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseMichaels (Post 4297607)
You know my laptop converts to a tablet and interestingly enough the full game runs great with a touch interface. I imagine processing power isn’t where it needs to be though for that game to be fully mobile.

Yeah but the game has been largely the same for many years.... the processing power has guaranteed gotten much better since then.

Not asking for the world, just a minor league system (which can be as much as the green arrow system with 3 levels) and just to feel like im playing a different game than the past 3 years.

birdsofprey02 03-25-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wodi (Post 4297932)
Yeah but the game has been largely the same for many years.... the processing power has guaranteed gotten much better since then.

Not asking for the world, just a minor league system (which can be as much as the green arrow system with 3 levels) and just to feel like im playing a different game than the past 3 years.

There have been discussions about this over the years. If I recall, one of the main limitations for the mobile version wasn’t necessarily processing power, rather it was mobile database sizing and useage. It’s really hard to commit to a game that requires several hundred megs on your phone. That is why historical stats not available and other features. Again, this was discussion years ago when ootp mobile first came out, so I’m not in tune with current realities.

wodi 03-25-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdsofprey02 (Post 4299959)
There have been discussions about this over the years. If I recall, one of the main limitations for the mobile version wasn’t necessarily processing power, rather it was mobile database sizing and useage. It’s really hard to commit to a game that requires several hundred megs on your phone. That is why historical stats not available and other features. Again, this was discussion years ago when ootp mobile first came out, so I’m not in tune with current realities.

The fact of the matter is that the game has been the same for 3 years. Each year new, better, phones are introduced.

I can understand the processing power issues of adding historical stats or minor league stats.

But Nothing at all has been added. The game is an afterthought. If you look at the game 3 years ago and today, you have what? A player editor and different art?

The communication between the company and the users has also decreased every year. The devs are no where to be found, I actually laugh when ppl post suggestions or bugs bc i know no one is looking.

Each year I just lose more and more faith.

wodi 03-28-2018 11:28 PM

And its crap again

Markus Heinsohn 03-29-2018 08:50 AM

This not not constructive feedback guys. Here's what I posted in another thread:

MLB Manager is not designed to do more than it currently does, it is feature complete and the platform does not allow any massive changes.

We hope to be able to directly move the MLB Manager code into the current OOTP codebase one day, but this is a ton of work and we are too small of a company to be able to have done this for this release, I am sorry.

But calling the game "garbage" is just nonsense, it is very stable and a fun game, and it is just $5, which is less than a burger.

I'll close this thread now, if you have constructive feedback or bug reports, please post the in the bug report forum. We will release an update very soon and will try to fix as many reported issues as possible.

Thank you for your support!
Markus