OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3961)
-   -   Attention! Scheduled game cannot be completed (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=301346)

sirotka33 03-31-2019 10:41 AM

Attention! Scheduled game cannot be completed

Hi, I'm receiving this error in year 1 of a challenge mode franchise on 10/1/2019 the day the AL WC is supposed to take place. I don't control either team, so I'm not sure what to do?

Steam version, win 10.

https://i.imgur.com/ovhBExw.jpg

mitchkenn 03-31-2019 11:10 AM

that's often an error message for illegal number of players on one (or both) of those teams. probably need to allow ghost players. i've not played Challenge Mode, and not seen that error on MLB teams, usually just minors. So not absolutely certain - but most likely Ghost Players will fill rosters so you can continue.

or fill rosters with fictional players ...

sirotka33 03-31-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchkenn (Post 4465252)
that's often an error message for illegal number of players on one (or both) of those teams. probably need to allow ghost players. i've not played Challenge Mode, and not seen that error on MLB teams, usually just minors. So not absolutely certain - but most likely Ghost Players will fill rosters so you can continue.

or fill rosters with fictional players ...

hey, i already allow ghost players, and i just tried to fill rosters with fictional players, and that didn't work.

it's good to eliminate possible fixes though, so i appreciate the direction.

any other ideas?

edit: i also tried running computer manager on all teams with and without filling rosters with fictional players.

sirotka33 03-31-2019 12:12 PM

i went into league schedule and was able to delete the game and sim past the day. the next day gives me the same error with the NL WC game.

there are no players on anyone's playoff roster, but i don't know if this normal until the first game is actually played?

dave1927p 04-01-2019 07:53 PM

I've run into this issue as well. Tried deleting the game but no go. deleted all the preseason games and it let me continue on.

EDIT: Figured it out. Spring Training roster is set to 0 - could of been from updating to the most recent version. Increasing that to a respectable size will fix the issue

sirotka33 04-01-2019 10:48 PM

i didn't figure out a way to get anything to work. i deleted by wild card games from the schedule and the season just ended, declaring the red sox world series champions (best record in the regular season) despite no playoff games being played.

i hurried through the off-season to see whats up, and got through spring training and at least the first game of 2020. i'm curious to see what happens when the next playoffs roll around.

Matt Arnold 04-02-2019 04:52 AM

Did you change any options to do with playoff rosters? It's possible that something got changed which made the game think nobody had a valid player on their playoff roster.

Deleting the game will cause the effect you saw -basically the game tries to see if all the playoff series are done, finds no games scheduled, borks, and just declares someone the winner.

But the initial problem as mentioned is likely due to teams not having eligible players for the players.

Chris Ferrario 04-02-2019 04:56 AM

Could you possible check both team rosters for us to know if there are enough/too many players on them? Thank you.

sirotka33 04-02-2019 09:59 AM

these are the roster functions i changed, all changes made on creation of league before simming a day unless noted:

26 active roster size

30 expanded roster size

roster expansion date august 1st (changed on august 1st, game did not expand rosters at all in 2019, could be the issue i had?)

I also changed the numbers of relievers to 7, and number of position players to 14 under stats & ai.

active rosters had 26/26 players and all playoff rosters showed 0/26.

dpaolini 05-13-2020 10:29 AM

Scheduled game cannot be completed

Just had this happen for the first game of the regular season for my human team. After checking both team rosters, I went into league settings and increased roster size from 25 to 30. When I returned to the human team, I found a 26th player that did not appear on the roster previously. Must have been stuck in bit-byte limbo. I sent player to the minors, reset roster size to 25, and all is good.

Mentioning it here in case it helps someone else...

plinko83 12-21-2020 04:24 PM

For whatever it's worth if this ever helps anyone in the future --

This happened to me today. This was in a fictional league, and i messed up in the league creation and made the expanded roster size smaller than the active roster size.

I had the standard roster size as 30, and the expanded roster at 28 (I meant to have it at 32). So when sept 1 and roster expansion came around, the teams rosters were illegal. It took me a while to figure it out, but eventually I did.

So anyhow, it's a data point for anyone who might need it in the future.