OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - 3D Models (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3879)
-   -   How to model a 3D Ballpark - Video Tutorials here! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=289916)

silvam14 05-25-2018 02:10 AM

How to model a 3D Ballpark - Video Tutorials here!

Okay, I took my first stab at making a video tutorial. I have never made a video before for anything so please forgive my narration and my nerves.

I used a trial version of a capture program which will show its watermark on the top right of the screen. shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

I am going to build Aloha Stadium from the ground up using Clem's Diagram. Below are the parts of my video tutorials:

Part 1 includes: View here

- Importing the diagram
- Scaling the diagram
- Outlining the playing area
- creating the fences
- using the "follow-me" tool to create the stands
- Cleaning up the dugout areas and other parts of the park

Part 2 includes: View Here
- Create faces for CF scoreboard
- Fix Outfield Fence Face for future texturing
- Open up center field back wall below roof
- place supports between roof and upper deck

Part 3 includes: View Here

- Painting Textures
- Importing and Re-sizing textures

Here is the link to download my stadium textures folder and its sub-folders

Download silvam14's Stadium Texture pack

Remember to add the folder to your collection in sketchup so it loads up every time

Part 4 includes: View Here

- Exporting the model from sketchup to an .obj (download sketchup plugin objexporter here) Install plugin here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SketchUp\SketchUp 2016\ShippedExtensions
- Importing and testing the stadium in OOTP19 (fixing anything wrong)
- Configuring the 3D crowd and testing in OOTP19
- Creating the 2D diagram
- Creating the 2D Day and Night Photos
- Setting The 3D Grid and wall markers
- Setting 2D Ball locations
- Creating park factors
- exporting park .prk file

Take a look and let me know what you think. Feedback is welcome.

silvam14 05-26-2018 01:46 AM

edit: see first post

drksd4848 05-26-2018 10:52 PM

Wow! You did it!!

dishnet34 05-27-2018 12:12 PM

If/when I go back to making some stadiums (I want to try to get the student license for the 2017 version I downloaded), the part about the curvature tool (and heck, this whole tutorial in general) is something I'll be coming back to, especially if I want to re-create some of the MLB Power Pros stadiums that have curved walls.

Excellent job on the tutorials, man! Keep up the good work!

Flying_Canuck 05-27-2018 01:26 PM

Great job on the tutorial. It is very easy to follow along. Are you sure this is your first video!!??

By the way, when you say free version of SketchUp, are you using the web version? Or is there another version that I cannot find? Since we don't need such professional features, it's just a bit too expensive to invest in the Pro license for me......

Scott Vibert 05-27-2018 06:25 PM

SketchUp Make (stripped down features) was free (and is still available albeit not as easy to find), that's what I've always used. There is a web-browser version... I've never used it, not sure if it carries the same functionality of the free version.

dishnet34 05-28-2018 10:59 AM

The interesting thing I'd like to know is how to export as an OBJ using Make. I know you can't do it in Make without a separate plugin, but I'd like to know how to use it properly. I'll be looking forward to that part of the tutorial. :)

silvam14 05-28-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dishnet34 (Post 4329397)
The interesting thing I'd like to know is how to export as an OBJ using Make. I know you can't do it in Make without a separate plugin, but I'd like to know how to use it properly. I'll be looking forward to that part of the tutorial. :)

You can’t export to obj without the plugin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silvam14 05-28-2018 05:03 PM

How to model a 3D Ballpark - Video Tutorials here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvam14 (Post 4329521)
You can’t export to obj without the plugin

Ill definitely include a tutorial on how to do everything from exporting to .obj, importing to OOTP, setting the grid, getting the images, setting 2D ball locations, etc. basically everything I do when I create a stadium

silvam14 05-29-2018 01:59 AM

Part 3 Uploaded. Painting textures

https://youtu.be/6SRoGvB8t_0

zappa1 05-30-2018 08:29 AM

Thank you Mr. Silvam for all that you do. You have really made playing historical seasons better with your work on the ballparks. And Adion, also. I can't leave him out. Continued success with your projects.

silvam14 05-30-2018 09:30 PM

I have edited my first post to include all videos, descriptions, and other helpful links (plugins, texture pack)

silvam14 05-31-2018 02:21 AM

uploaded part 4. see first post

eriqjaffe 05-31-2018 11:51 AM

This is so fantastic, seriously, this is just great stuff.

silvam14 05-31-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriqjaffe (Post 4330519)
This is so fantastic, seriously, this is just great stuff.

Thanks! I gave you a little shout out at the end of part 4 when I used your ballpark creator to generate park factors! A great tool that I use all the time!

stealofhome 06-24-2018 05:26 PM

Did this cover putting up the backgrounds? I remember hearing it mentioned in the video but don't remember seeing how it's done.

silvam14 06-24-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealofhome (Post 4339287)
Did this cover putting up the backgrounds? I remember hearing it mentioned in the video but don't remember seeing how it's done.

No. That is really not my specialty. Adion is the wizard with that. I am working with making skyboxes the way the OOTP guys make them. Maybe I’ll post a tutorial on those at some point. Still trying to get it right

eriqjaffe 06-24-2018 11:47 PM

For Publix Park I actually projected an image onto a curved background surface and I think it came out pretty well. I used this video as a reference / tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHsRRLCAOm8

majoch 06-27-2018 03:15 AM

This tutorial is amazingggg

I've spent many months lurking these forums, reading old threads and stealing ideas/being inspired by content here. But I was looking for a model of a football stadium "temporarily" hosting a baseball team and couldn't find one.

So after a lot of doing nothing, I tried doing it myself using these tutorials.

Seriously, it was so much easier to start than I thought it was. I've spent two evenings have already got something almost passable; it has plenty of imperfections but I made it, so I love it.

If you are reading this and umming and aahing about trying, give it a go. The tutorials seem long and scary but they are worth the investment.

tshipl68 06-29-2018 01:00 AM

Someone do request for 3D Ballparks

Hey Someone do request for 3D Historical ballparks I will send information if someone will do them
Thanks
Thomas