OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3843)
-   -   Activation and OSX (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=248020)

epk1231 10-02-2014 02:56 PM

Activation and OSX

Anyone having activation issues with the latest patch and the latest OSX update? I've had no issues up til now when randomly FHM decided to un-license itself and now I just keep getting that "try again later" error message. Submitted a ticket for support but I all I got was an answer for offline activation (which didn't work) and something about OOTP 15 having issues with Maverick/Yosemite (and somehow FHM could be affected as well). I think I'm going to have to ask them clear up my license and see if that works (maybe somehow it thinks I've reached my limit on computer activations).

BradC 10-02-2014 08:48 PM

Gary, who runs tech support, told me there have been activation issues in OS X, and Jeff told me that Sebastian is working on a fix. Stay tuned, and sorry for the trouble.

epk1231 10-03-2014 11:21 AM

Bummer, but glad to know it is being addressed. Thank you!

AlpineSK 10-03-2014 11:55 AM

Should we expect this with the patch or before?

BradC 10-03-2014 07:21 PM

Hopefully before the patch, but I'm not sure. I know they're still working on it.

In the meantime, anyone who is having this problem and would like a Steam key can just PM me and I'll send you one. You can activate the game there.

ChrisDanger 10-07-2014 04:58 PM

Has this not been fixed yet? Cause its not letting me activate it.

dsthom 10-08-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradC (Post 3756864)
Hopefully before the patch, but I'm not sure. I know they're still working on it.

In the meantime, anyone who is having this problem and would like a Steam key can just PM me and I'll send you one. You can activate the game there.

If you're not going to let me play a game I have paid for, and can't tell me when you will fix this problem, please be ethically responsible and immediately refund my purchase payment.

old timer 10-08-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsthom (Post 3758340)
If you're not going to let me play a game I have paid for, and can't tell me when you will fix this problem, please be ethically responsible and immediately refund my purchase payment.

Would you be interested in getting a Steam key while waiting for the fix? If so, you can either send a private message to me or Brad and we'll give you a key so you can play the game again.

old timer 10-08-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisDanger (Post 3758173)
Has this not been fixed yet? Cause its not letting me activate it.

This problem is only affecting people who are using the latest update of Mavericks and Yosemite. So if you're not using the latest update (I think it's 10.9.5 for Mavericks), then your problem with activating is something different. If that's the case, I can help you if you open up a support ticket: support.ootpdevelopments.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Otherwise, you can get a Steam key and run the game through Steam if you're interested.

BradC 10-09-2014 08:19 PM

I'm really sorry -- I didn't have a chance to check the forum for the past few days.

Please send me a PM with your order # and the date you ordered (or the approx. date; it just makes it easier to look it up) and I will verify your order and then send you a Steam key.

I'll PM both of the folks on this thread right now, but I wanted to post that so anyone else who stops by knows what to do.

BradC 10-09-2014 08:22 PM

Okay, my bad -- I forgot I had already spoken to both of the guys on this thread. They both have Steam keys, so they should be good to go.

Anyone else with issues: Just PM me.

Särås 01-13-2015 10:44 AM

So when could I play the game that I bought?

I have played it but since I updated my MAC to OS X Yosemite 10.10.1it have been impossible to play it, alright it´s not a perfect game but miss to play any manager game and EA NHL15 was a punch in my face, worst GM mode ever!
So I have been trying to get the game to work for a time but impossible...
Could someone of the other Apple users tell me if they have fixed this problem?
And if so how in hell did You do?

To FHM crew please help!
Thanks!

AlpineSK 01-13-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Särås (Post 3795587)

I have played it but since I updated my MAC to OS X Yosemite 10.10.1it have been impossible to play it, alright it´s not a perfect game but miss to play any manager game and EA NHL15 was a punch in my face, worst GM mode ever!

To FHM crew please help!
Thanks!

Mine is still DOA on my MAC. You'll have the same problem unless you're willing to download steam.

Sebastian Palkowski 01-13-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Särås (Post 3795587)

To FHM crew please help!
Thanks!

If you use Steam we can offer you a Steam key as it does not use the eSellerate DRM system, which does not work with the new Apple OS in our current FHM version.

JayJayG4 01-13-2015 11:42 AM

I am also having a Activation Error. How would I be able to get this steam key?

Sebastian Palkowski 01-13-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayJayG4 (Post 3795615)
I am also having a Activation Error. How would I be able to get this steam key?

Do you use a Mac with OS X Yosemite?

JayJayG4 01-13-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 3795617)
Do you use a Mac with OS X Yosemite?

Yes, I just recently got my Mac, so everything is up to date

Sebastian Palkowski 01-13-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayJayG4 (Post 3795620)
Yes, I just recently got my Mac, so everything is up to date

Please send me your order infos (email, registration number) to sebastian@ootpdevelopments.com and I will forward it to the support team.

Särås 01-13-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 3795594)
If you use Steam we can offer you a Steam key as it does not use the eSellerate DRM system, which does not work with the new Apple OS in our current FHM version.

To be honest I do not even know what Steam is...
So a explanation for a Mac user that´s not that big gamer or google user!

Thanks!

AlpineSK 01-13-2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Särås (Post 3795664)
To be honest I do not even know what Steam is...
So a explanation for a Mac user that´s not that big gamer or google user!

Thanks!

Welcome to Steam