OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   How much are people actually spending?? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=306539)

AlpineSK 09-10-2019 08:08 PM

How much are people actually spending??

I've never played Perfect Team, and honestly doubt I will because of the investment, but I've been looking around the forum, and I was just curious: how much are people actually spending on Perfect Team?

dkgo 09-10-2019 08:21 PM

$15

plus a lot of time

QuantaCondor 09-10-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlpineSK (Post 4535459)
I've never played Perfect Team, and honestly doubt I will because of the investment, but I've been looking around the forum, and I was just curious: how much are people actually spending on Perfect Team?

Lots of people, like myself, play FTP with success. 3 Perfect WS titles and counting. I got my titles in our thriving and competitive user-organized FTP league ("Our League", or OL), but others have gotten them in standard leagues as well. It's fun.

BigRed75 09-10-2019 08:31 PM

$0

Maxfire5 09-10-2019 08:34 PM

I'm Free To Play on every account. Always will be. Just the way I play the game.

There are others who have spent thousands.

That's the beauty of the game; you can spend as much or as little as you want, and be competitive at various levels.

Maxfire5 09-10-2019 08:35 PM

Double post somehow. Woops.

waittilnextyear 09-10-2019 09:44 PM

I doubt this thread gets much action...it's like asking someone who they voted for or how much money they make in a year. Kind of personal, you know? At least I'd imagine those dropping the most cash might feel that way.

I went F2P for a few months and then put in $200 a month or two ago to facilitate some things. I'm happy with how everything turned out there.

Izz 09-11-2019 01:23 AM

$0 here. I'm not into flipping cards, which I know a lot of FTP guys have done to great effect, and I switch between collection missions and packs-only, but I'm having fun and competing.

Westheim 09-11-2019 03:31 AM

Quote:

I've never played Perfect Team, and honestly doubt I will because of the investment,

There is no investment. Setting up a team is entirely free.

Quote:

but I've been looking around the forum, and I was just curious: how much are people actually spending on Perfect Team?

Roughly $200 on PT 20. Was quite a bit less than that on PT 19.

One Great Matrix 09-11-2019 06:13 AM

A couple million dollars

sharknut 09-11-2019 06:37 AM

I spend $20 a month buying some points, mine are all pack-only teams.

CurlyKarkovice 09-11-2019 08:28 AM

So weird people won't say what they pay or vote for....anyway, EDIT: $550 total March through July, none since. My big moves have been selling Hughie Jennings from a pack (he's not great offensively and went for 800k right away), Hank Aaron and few other guys recently for a million PP total to "fund" the perfect team. Bought some players and ripped packs (best pull I kept was a perfect Seaver and Eckersley).

Oh and lucking out by making the decision to be a White Sox themed team before the missions started and ended up with Ed Walsh and Appling right away. Honestly still hasn't translated to championships in perfect. Even missed the wild card twice with over 100 wins the last two weeks (22 games back in my division with 102 wins !!!).

Invest more than $550 or none at all? Whatever makes one happy, I'm happy with my team and the missions I've collected it has been a blast. Just trying to collect to get the missions with Ichiro and Griffey (maybe sell him), that might get the team over the hump. Looking forward to tournaments and new missions with my collection. College football season has started so I only check twice a week now. I don't skew ballpark factors which could be another thing that would help.

So there's my story if you are contemplating invest green backs in the game, just slap in diamond league or put way more than $400 in if you want to win perfect league championships. Or maybe I'm just a terrible manager and $550 would get someone else multiple Perfect league trophies. LOL

Markus Heinsohn 09-11-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Great Matrix (Post 4535565)
A couple million dollars

Thank you for your support! :thumbup1:

CrazyWR 09-11-2019 12:26 PM

I have one FTP team and one team I've spent somewhere between 4 and 600 dollars on, although none in the last month or two. The top whales have spent far more than that, but you can have fun at any price point, it really is up to you.

neugey 09-11-2019 01:30 PM

I spent $50 back in April; my rationale being that would be in the range of what I would pay in for a fantasy baseball league.

OMGPuppies 09-11-2019 01:48 PM

Ftp. This game isn't like Hearthstone where you can pay like 50 bucks an expansion and pretty much get the cards to play any deck you want and compete woth anyone.

dancariaz 09-11-2019 01:51 PM

$0, f2p for life in any game :p

OMGPuppies 09-11-2019 01:55 PM

All you ftp guys should check out the OL thread.

webdox 09-11-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyWR (Post 4535702)
I have one FTP team and one team I've spent somewhere between 4 and 600 dollars on, although none in the last month or two. The top whales have spent far more than that, but you can have fun at any price point, it really is up to you.

Bolded for truth.

Up until last week between my 3 teams in 20 a little over $2000 with no clear plan on being a whale or competing at the top tier... Just throwing money at the game how I wanted to play. One team all the LIVE players, a team of only Gold players, and my last team has been my try different things team. It's now a Tiger theme.

I just found a slightly better ROI and dropped another $600 to finish paying for the final pieces the Tigers team, was cool to see over a million PP in vault albeit very temporarily :) There should be some left to diversify, I already did and grabbed Brouthers for a song and just make it a Detroit Theme...

But heck yes, you can have fun for free and you can be totally miserable and spend a ton. The idea is to just have fun and maybe win a few shiny things along the way...

ABButters 09-11-2019 02:08 PM

I spent $50 on the Pawnee club. The Wonder Dogs haven't gotten a penny.

I think the difference in the two teams success is due more to the investment of time, rather than money.