OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3893)
-   -   Will FHM 2 have a steam pre order type relase similar to OOTP 16? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=254843)

Cards>Cubs 05-06-2015 09:55 PM

Will FHM 2 have a steam pre order type relase similar to OOTP 16?

In OOTP 16 we were able to pre order through Markus and he also generated a steam key for use with that client.

Will there be a similar situation with FHM 2?

Sorry if this question has already been answered in another area of the forums. I looked around but i have been known to overlook very obvious things. :o

Thanks in advance for any help and I cant wait for the release later this month.

Lord PichuPal 05-06-2015 10:53 PM

I'm actually curious for this as well, with the end of May fast approaching, I've been hoping there'll be some news about if they'll do pre-orders or what date they're looking at. If there's a pre-order for a Steam version I'd sign up immediately.

Jayrome 05-06-2015 11:37 PM

I'm also very curious about this, that woud make the wait for the game much better!

Sebastian Palkowski 05-07-2015 12:59 PM

We don't do pre-orders, so whenever the game is available, you buy and then play it immediately.

As I wrote earlier, the game will be discounted for the first week, so basically you pay pre-order price and don't have to wait. ;)

glb2687 05-07-2015 01:30 PM

FHM 2 vs. FHM2014?

Hi Sebastian,

Sorry to bother but with the new engine driving the game, FHM2014 is essentially a brand new game. Maybe I missed the thread but what would you say would be the three key pieces that will be missing as opposed to what we would find in FHM2?

Thanks for the input...

Cole 05-07-2015 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glb2687 (Post 3865463)
Hi Sebastian,

Sorry to bother but with the new engine driving the game, FHM2014 is essentially a brand new game. Maybe I missed the thread but what would you say would be the three key pieces that will be missing as opposed to what we would find in FHM2?

Thanks for the input...

Sebastian can answer as well if he wishes, but the only real comparison between FHM 2014 and FHM 2 will be the game match engine.

FHM 2 will also have all of the following new features which won't be in FHM 2014:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ture-list.html

Another big thing is that FHM 2 will from that point will be updated, improved and patched, whereas no more work will be done on FHM 2014.

Even with the new patch on FHM 2014, FHM 2 will still be miles better.

Sebastian Palkowski 05-08-2015 04:59 AM

FHM 2014 and FHM 2 don't have much in common anymore (except as Cole wrote, the Match Engine).

With FHM 2 we replaced a lot of things and the stuff that did not get replaced was heavily tweaked.

The thread Cole linked is a good start to see what we did.

Hallsy 05-08-2015 06:24 AM

How soon is the patch coming?

Sebastian Palkowski 05-08-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallsy (Post 3865720)
How soon is the patch coming?

We decided to add all tactics to FHM 2014, not only some basic ones. And we decided to add the new fatigue + line change system as well, which is great but also a nightmare to code. :)

We are writing all the new pbp text at the moment, which takes some too but will not hold back the patch in any case as we can just update it later with more text.

We will release the patch as beta-patch, so everyone who wants to check it out can do and use the feedback to fix whatever is wrong before making it final.

AlpineSK 05-08-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 3865744)
We will release the patch as beta-patch, so everyone who wants to check it out can do and use the feedback to fix whatever is wrong before making it final.

Will the Beta patch contain the eSeller fix?

Sebastian Palkowski 05-08-2015 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlpineSK (Post 3865838)
Will the Beta patch contain the eSeller fix?

Yes.

deanwells1234 05-08-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 3865744)
We decided to add all tactics to FHM 2014, not only some basic ones. And we decided to add the new fatigue + line change system as well, which is great but also a nightmare to code. :)

We are writing all the new pbp text at the moment, which takes some too but will not hold back the patch in any case as we can just update it later with more text.

I mean I would love to try out the new match engine before hand. 1) I want to help 2) I WANT THE MATCH ENGINE BEFORE ANYONE ELSE!

Lord PichuPal 05-10-2015 08:58 PM

I'm looking forward to the release, moment I see it available you can bet I'll be buying it. It's definitely more enticing that it'll be on sale the first week, too.