OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3624)
-   -   Thought 12 Stopped playing 1B at SS? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=217115)

Chicagofan76 01-29-2012 12:40 PM

Thought 12 Stopped playing 1B at SS?

1 Attachment(s)
1st time I have seen this since 11, a 1B playing SS. Doug Mientiwicz is the starting SS, granted it's only his 2nd game at SS, 3rd ever. (2 starts) Wes Franks who plays all 4 If spots is the starting 1B. Jeff Keppinger was injured the game prior and they are waiting to find out the extent of the injury.

simcrazy 01-29-2012 01:50 PM

Certainly doesn't appear to be the optimal lineup, but I will say that Mientkiewicz is a good choice if you are going to put a 1B at SS.

khucke 01-30-2012 03:40 AM

I observed this quite frequently. For example the regular 2nd baseman is injured (but still on the roster) and an OF is starting at 2nd base without having a rating at the position, although there are other players with a position rating available. This OF might be a tad better as a hitter than the alternates. Still, no manager would play an unproven player at an middle infield position unless he's absolutely forced to do so.

sc_superstar 01-30-2012 01:33 PM

The AI will not put a starter as a backup at another position so unless they have a super-sub on their roster they will end up with odd positioning due to injuries.

Thats why when i sim games and not play them out i set up 3 optimal position players at each position. I dont usually look enough to actually see that its worked. But you would think it would

ex. starting 2B is a 10/10 rating at all 4 IF position. I would have him set as my backup for all other positions, and then have a 3rd player on the depth chart for off days.

I would hope that if say the 3B gets injured, the starting 2B moves to 3B and the backup 2B plays. Thats what an MLB manager would most likely do

Tigger Johnson 01-30-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc_superstar (Post 3253958)
The AI will not put a starter as a backup at another position so unless they have a super-sub on their roster they will end up with odd positioning due to injuries.

Thats why when i sim games and not play them out i set up 3 optimal position players at each position. I dont usually look enough to actually see that its worked. But you would think it would

ex. starting 2B is a 10/10 rating at all 4 IF position. I would have him set as my backup for all other positions, and then have a 3rd player on the depth chart for off days.

I would hope that if say the 3B gets injured, the starting 2B moves to 3B and the backup 2B plays. Thats what an MLB manager would most likely do

Mientwicz is the starting 1B vs RHP Franks the starting SS vs RHP. Jeff Keppinger is the starting SS vs LHP Franks the 1B, so when Keppinger got injured the day before vs a RHP they should have made the right move and made mientwicz teh starting 1B vs LHP also. He is hitting ,241 vs LHP .238 vs RHP.