OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   Auction House dupes? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=308444)

FlaviusFlav 11-19-2019 12:37 PM

Auction House dupes?

I hadn't checked out the AH in a while, but tournaments brought me back.

Right now I'm browsing and there are tons of the same card with the exact same starting bid/buy now price/end time.

Curious if there is some duplication happening, or if there is a way to auto auction cards that I just didn't know about that is resulting in tons of the same auctions happening at the same time.

dkgo 11-19-2019 12:48 PM

Someone just went down the line of all their inactives...

Catchthedamnball 11-19-2019 12:49 PM

This was covered a little in another thread. Basically, someone could have collected a number of the same card thinking collections or some other event would boost its market value. Then, either this boost didn't happen or the owner got impatient, and put up all those duplicates for auction at the same time for the same price. Pretty easy to do.

FlaviusFlav 11-19-2019 12:54 PM

How do you put cards up for auction in bulk? They have the same end time to the second. When I select a bunch of cards I can't right-click "offer card in auction" and the only button is to quick-sell.

Westheim 11-19-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaviusFlav (Post 4562222)
How do you put cards up for auction in bulk? They have the same end time to the second. When I select a bunch of cards I can't right-click "offer card in auction" and the only button is to quick-sell.

All auctions time out at the same second in each minute, so if you put up a card for 48 hours, it will probably appear with 48 hours and like 37 seconds left. It's entirely possible to put up ten or more cards per minute if the game is responsive enough which it isn't always.

justpatrick 11-19-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaviusFlav (Post 4562222)

Unfortunately you canīt do it in bulk, but since the time setting stays the same as the previous choice itīs possible to go through the cards quickly enough so that they all end at the same time. Depending on the number of cards of course.

One Great Matrix 11-19-2019 04:10 PM

Buy enough packs, and you end up with a number of duplicate irons...my high is like 6, maybe 7 of the same card...

If you put them up for auction within the minute, they are listed with the exact same start/end time.

1. Click offer card in aauction.
2. Either leave it at minimum or change it quickly to price of your choice.
3. Submit

2 clicks and one choice that takes almost no time, or just 2 clicks.

So it can be done very quickly & it's not so unusual for a player to have multiple irons or maybe even bronze cards. And many people playing love the experience of opening packs so who knows what someone else's card collection looks like? I've gotten 2 of the same irons in 1 pack.

Morgans Magic 11-20-2019 01:07 PM

Is it at all possible that OOTP dropped in some new historical cards to help seed the start of tourneys which suddenly make that distinction more important? Because it seems to primarily have been in historical cards. And they were all sold for the minimum, even cards worth much much more.

Orcin 11-20-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgans Magic (Post 4562621)
Is it at all possible that OOTP dropped in some new historical cards to help seed the start of tourneys which suddenly make that distinction more important? Because it seems to primarily have been in historical cards. And they were all sold for the minimum, even cards worth much much more.

The developers have said many times that they do not seed the auction house.

dkgo 11-20-2019 01:15 PM

How is it so hard to believe that someone went thru their collection and quickly auctioned off duplicates?