OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 19 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3935)
-   -   award icons, overly crowded (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=286749)

Aumakua 03-22-2018 05:07 PM

award icons, overly crowded

1 Attachment(s)
using the new 150x150 pixel count, the awards area can get over crowded for the super star players, at first I liked the new look but not sure anymore.
just kind of looks like a mess and then awards start disappearing behind the player.

Is there a way to move the player image to the left a bit (seems like a lot of space to the left of player) to allow more room for award icons and have them spread a bit more left-right wise? overlapping top/bottom seems okay.

Padreman 03-22-2018 05:24 PM

Totally agree its too messy i dont like it

itsmb8 03-22-2018 08:01 PM

Can we just get the icon once and then a "x #" for how many times they've won it? If we want to see when they got each award, we can just look in the awards section in the player's history tab.

actionjackson 03-22-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmb8 (Post 4297991)
Can we just get the icon once and then a "x #" for how many times they've won it? If we want to see when they got each award, we can just look in the awards section in the player's history tab.

Absolutely genius suggestion. Just like Baseball-Reference. Orioles (and maybe other baseball fans) fans will recognize the reference, but I'll just paraphrase Rex Barney here, and say: "Markus...Give that man a contract!" :p :D :laugh:

P.S. I don't know if it's possible to program, but put it in the Suggestions section of the boards anyway. Hopefully somebody from OOTP Developments will see this.

Padreman 03-22-2018 09:43 PM

Anytning will better than current format its an eyesore

MizzouRah 03-22-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Excellent suggestion!!

kehowey 03-22-2018 10:16 PM

I agree. It looks over-crowded. As a temp fix I no longer have all-star games and have disabled both the offensive and defensive awards. A better fix might be blanking out the award icons in the addons/downloads file. Or how about OOTP putting the award icons just right of the player's number?

Peregrine 03-22-2018 11:58 PM

I like the idea of having award icons in that place, but as mentioned when you have a player with a ton of them it gets crazy messy and very difficult to read them. This wasn't as much of a problem in previous version as the old icon location above the player's stats gave more room I guess. Love to see a fix for this!

The Game 03-23-2018 12:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I already can tell that i will dislike how this will look on 19.

Markus Heinsohn 03-23-2018 02:02 AM

Quote:

We tried that during beta, I did not like it much as players did look too similar. Maybe I'll add it as an option though.

Edit: How about we show the first 3 of each award category, and the third indicating the total number if it's more than 3?

Peregrine 03-23-2018 02:15 AM

I think that's a good idea Markus. That way it would maintain the original look for the majority of players, but those relative few who have tons of awards would be cleaned up.

Germaniac 03-23-2018 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4298212)
We tried that during beta, I did not like it much as players did look too similar. Maybe I'll add it as an option though.

Edit: How about we show the first 3 of each award category, and the third indicating the total number if it's more than 3?

Sounds like a good idea ...

I really like the new look, but I only have a relatively short history - once you get to a Babe Ruth-caliber player things definitely will get over-crowded.

Maybe smaller icons could be an option, too, if a player has too many icons?

silvam14 03-23-2018 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 4298204)
I already can tell that i will dislike how this will look on 19.

What percentage of players in a given league will look like that though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markus Heinsohn 03-23-2018 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrine (Post 4298215)
I think that's a good idea Markus. That way it would maintain the original look for the majority of players, but those relative few who have tons of awards would be cleaned up.

Consider it done. Will post a screenshot later today. :)

spleen1015 03-23-2018 07:28 AM

There is room on both sides of the player's picture. Could you put some awards on one side and some on the other? I personally like seeing all of the icons. I think it is cool when a player has 20+ of them. It is a quick indicator of the player's caliber.

Having it as an option for one way or another is a good compromise.

Padreman 03-23-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spleen1015 (Post 4298287)
There is room on both sides of the player's picture. Could you put some awards on one side and some on the other? I personally like seeing all of the icons. I think it is cool when a player has 20+ of them. It is a quick indicator of the player's caliber.

Yup i agree

Lukas Berger 03-23-2018 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spleen1015 (Post 4298287)

That would be my preference as well :)

tlowe77 03-23-2018 08:13 AM

I like the idea of the option of having them stay the same or have "x #" next to the award

MizzouRah 03-23-2018 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What about here or would that not work for people will lower resolutions?

Markus Heinsohn 03-23-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 4298373)
What about here or would that not work for people will lower resolutions?

Nope.