OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3930)
-   -   Bizarre goalie trades (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=284068)

Eli J 01-03-2018 06:11 PM

Bizarre goalie trades

Hi there,

Enjoying this version of the game. But one factor is ruining it for me a little.

In my game, the AI keeps making awful, awful trades for goalies.

I've seen three absolutely ridiculous trades:

CGY sent Gaudreau to OTT for Mike Condon straight up.

TOR sent Morgan Reilly somewhere for a 2.5 star 30 year old goalie.

And now, VAN just sent Brock Boeser, fresh off a 63 point campaign, to Buffalo for Robin Lehner who posted a .903 save pctg.

Mostly the trade system is reasonable.. some weird trades, but nothing too game breaking.

But the goalie overvaluation is killing me.

What's up?

JeffR 01-04-2018 01:36 PM

Is this with a completely updated game? We removed some trade logic a couple of updates ago that was leading to some strange goalie trades (the Gaudreau/Condon thing in particular looks like that.)

eldur00 01-04-2018 02:17 PM

I'm seeing similar things too in an historical game.

St-Louis traded a 1st for Mike Dunham. The next day they waived Dunham (and I claimed him).

Goalies seem to be traded for very high picks (often a 1st or a 2nd), especially compared to position players, while in reality there is not a huge market for goalies.

That's with a completely updated game. I'm not saying there's a problem per say, but I did notice something similar (albeit in an historical game).

Eli J 01-04-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4265338)
Is this with a completely updated game? We removed some trade logic a couple of updates ago that was leading to some strange goalie trades (the Gaudreau/Condon thing in particular looks like that.)

Hey Jeff, yes. It's with the latest patched version on Steam.

Knoeppel 01-05-2018 07:22 AM

In my save The Rangers traded Lundqvist and the rights to Nathan Gerbe to the Flames for Backlund.

Two days later they traded Domingue to Arizona for Markus Nutivaara.

Now they are stuck with two lowerleague goalies. (One with 0,5 Star and one with 1,5star)

Since the update i have seen many trade with players that have NM clause or NT clauses. Just like Lundqvist have.

Last season the Sharks traded Joe Thornton and Letestu to Buffalo for McCabe.
Two days later Buffalo traded Thornton and Antipin to Penguins for Dumolin and rights to Seignez.

Itīs strange that a player with NM/NT agrees with this.

(Yes this is with the latest patch)

Edit.
And now Colorado (They signed Thornton in the offseason) traded him (now with both NM and NT) to Florida. The day efter the trade he apparently retired. But there was no message about that. So i guess the game didnīt regonize him as important news....