OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   PT Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3959)
-   -   Did I actually participate in a Tournament? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=308451)

StatMan22 11-19-2019 03:27 PM

Did I actually participate in a Tournament?

2 Attachment(s)
I think my team is having a bit of an existential crisis.

This shows that my team made the semi-finals of a 128-team tournament, which matches the "Your Tournaments" screen, where it says I finished in 3rd/4th place.
Attachment 659359

But for the same tournament, the tree doesn't have me in it at all, as far as I can tell-and certainly not in the semi-finals.
Attachment 659360

I honestly don't remember if I got the reward, which was two regular packs. I know I've gotten that reward before but I thought it was during the beta.

Thanks in advance!

Threnodas 11-19-2019 03:53 PM

That’s only the top half of the tournament tree. You can see the tops of the two finalist logos at the very bottom of the screenshot. What look like the two finalists in the middle of your screenshot are actually the semifinalists from the top quadrant on each side. You were the semifinalist from the bottom left quadrant.

StatMan22 11-19-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Threnodas (Post 4562298)
That’s only the top half of the tournament tree. You can see the tops of the two finalist logos at the very bottom of the screenshot. What look like the two finalists in the middle of your screenshot are actually the semifinalists from the top quadrant on each side. You were the semifinalist from the bottom left quadrant.

Jiminy crickets, you're right. I just assumed there was no way I could possibly have made the semi-finals. Many thanks!

My bad!

Threnodas 11-19-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StatMan22 (Post 4562301)
Jiminy crickets, you're right. I just assumed there was no way I could possibly have made the semi-finals. Many thanks!

My bad!

No worries, and you raise a valid point about the inadequacy of the tournament tree display for gigantic tournaments on less-than-gigantic monitors. I hope the devs see your post and take it into consideration.

Dogberry99 11-19-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Threnodas (Post 4562304)
No worries, and you raise a valid point about the inadequacy of the tournament tree display for gigantic tournaments on less-than-gigantic monitors. I hope the devs see your post and take it into consideration.

Hopefully they'll realize that this is an issue that extends well beyond the tournament tree. It affects every aspect of this game for me. Sometimes the impact is minimal, but other times it literally breaks the game and prevents me from progressing in the game (which is why I no longer bother trying to set up custom tournaments in the main game, since the buttons to continue are hidden below the bottom of my screen)

Catchthedamnball 11-19-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogberry99 (Post 4562311)
Hopefully they'll realize that this is an issue that extends well beyond the tournament tree. It affects every aspect of this game for me. Sometimes the impact is minimal, but other times it literally breaks the game and prevents me from progressing in the game (which is why I no longer bother trying to set up custom tournaments in the main game, since the buttons to continue are hidden below the bottom of my screen)

My problem is much less significant than yours, but since we're discussing the topic, I'd like to chime in to say that on the 13" laptop I use, it's nearly impossible to scroll through the recent achievements list because the allotted space for it is too small, and apparently my 1920x1080 resolution is insufficient to enable windowed mode-- meaning that tabbing out of the game sometimes resizes the windows of other apps I have running, and on some occasions freezes my computer, forcing a restart.