OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   Why does a pitcher show up in my lineup? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=308446)

whifflebird 11-19-2019 02:04 PM

Why does a pitcher show up in my lineup?

1 Attachment(s)
I was looking at my lineup tab and noticed a relief pitcher listed there. He has not had any at bats, but still shows up. I assumed maybe the card was previously assigned to a different position so I went in and set his position to "relief pitcher", which is his position, but he still shows up in the lineup tab.

Also, I noticed there is a "Set to 1B" button in the upper right which I have only noticed for him (I have probably missed it on others but just spot checked a few and didn't see something similar). I also looked at his ratings, and he only shows pitcher ratings, so how did the game get the idea this guy is anything other than a pitcher?

screenshot attached...

CBeisbol 11-19-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whifflebird (Post 4562246)
I was looking at my lineup tab and noticed a relief pitcher listed there. He has not had any at bats, but still shows up. I assumed maybe the card was previously assigned to a different position so I went in and set his position to "relief pitcher", which is his position, but he still shows up in the lineup tab.

Also, I noticed there is a "Set to 1B" button in the upper right which I have only noticed for him (I have probably missed it on others but just spot checked a few and didn't see something similar). I also looked at his ratings, and he only shows pitcher ratings, so how did the game get the idea this guy is anything other than a pitcher?

screenshot attached...

Find the button for "Two-way player".
Uncheck it

scott1964 11-19-2019 02:42 PM

I have Brandon McKay showing up as a DH on my team

whifflebird 11-19-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBeisbol (Post 4562257)
Find the button for "Two-way player".
Uncheck it

That was it, thanks. Now if I can only figure out how a fresh from the pack bottom-rung relief pitcher would have that box checked...

Dyzalot 11-19-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whifflebird (Post 4562338)
That was it, thanks. Now if I can only figure out how a fresh from the pack bottom-rung relief pitcher would have that box checked...

I purposely make guys like that, who have better hitting ratings than the typical pitcher, "two-way players" so that the AI will consider them as a pinch hitter for another pitcher when all other options have been exhausted. It is kind of like designating Madison Bumgarner as a "2-way" player so the AI will use him as a pinch hitter just like he was used in real life. If you don't designate them as such, then the AI will never look to them as a possible pinch hitter, even in an 18 inning game that depletes your entire bench.