OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3636)
-   -   Solution for Photobucket images (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=299980)

Germaniac 03-18-2019 04:13 AM

Solution for Photobucket images

2 Attachment(s)
Even with the extension for Photobucket I had installed in Google Chrome some images in older threads only showed the Photobucket-logo, and when saving some images that had the Photobucket-logo on them it was still there when opening on my computer.

I searched the Chrome web store and found three more extensions - I installed them all and so I can't tell which one (or ones) did the trick, but:

The images in the older threads become visable and the Photobucket-logo on images disappears.

It occasionally takes a couple of seconds, but as you wait they suddenly go away.

I installed the following extensions - I'm sure they also are available for Firefox

Germaniac 03-18-2019 09:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
With the extensions installed this happens (it's a little hard to capture this as it only takes a moment for the Photobucket-stuff to disappear):

txranger 03-18-2019 09:42 AM

I had the first three you listed installed but was still getting the watermark... Searched, found and installed the last one you listed and the watermark is now gone... Thanks amigo

bchevy 03-18-2019 06:15 PM

I've been using the second one but it hasn't been updated for a while so I was still getting the watermark. That last one seems to still be updated regularly. Thanks!

ArcAngel 05-26-2019 09:15 PM

The last fix that Germaniac posted is no longer available.

As of a couple of days ago, a watermark started appearing again, even on Google searches, AND directly from PB itself!

This is maddening, as I am after some of Justafan's logos that I don't have, but can't use them because PB is being a butt once again!

endgame 05-27-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 4493589)

As of a couple of days ago, a watermark started appearing again, even on Google searches, AND directly from PB itself!

This is maddening, as I am after some of Justafan's logos that I don't have, but can't use them because PB is being a butt once again!

Are they circular or glossy? I may have many of these archived. If you’d like to let me know what you’re looking for, I’ll have a look. :unsure:

txranger 05-27-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 4493589)

Hmmm... Still works for me in Chrome... The watermark appeared briefly when I first clicked on a couple of pages, then disappeared... Haven't seen it since... I don't see the watermark in my Firefox browser either...

ArcAngel 05-27-2019 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by endgame (Post 4493798)
Are they circular or glossy? I may have many of these archived. If you’d like to let me know what you’re looking for, I’ll have a look. :unsure:

Both. They are in this post, but that's just the start of what I am looking for.

I've attached a screenshot of what they look like on my end.

Now, it COULD just be me, in that my PB account has more images that what is allowed on a "free" account. I don't feel like taking the time to remove them and re-upload them elsewhere, as that would mean changing the links to all of the ones that I have posted in my creations thread.

txranger 05-27-2019 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is how it looks for me in Firefox like right this minute... Only problem is when I right click to save, the file will not open, corrupted or something...

txranger 05-27-2019 09:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are the logos if you want them...

txranger 05-27-2019 09:07 PM

I just got it to work in Chrome... Under Extensions, one of the Photobucket fix extensions was turned off and said it violates Chromes policies or something... I just turned it back on and it removed the watermarks and I right clicked on the images and saved them and those are the ones I posted above...

ArcAngel 05-28-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txranger (Post 4494050)
I just got it to work in Chrome... Under Extensions, one of the Photobucket fix extensions was turned off and said it violates Chromes policies or something... I just turned it back on and it removed the watermarks and I right clicked on the images and saved them and those are the ones I posted above...

Thanks for that tip. I checked mine and indeed, it was turned off, so I turned it back on and now the watermarks have been removed once again.

Thanks again for your help.