OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3961)
-   -   Games continues to crash mid game (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=306739)

YCC12 09-20-2019 07:03 PM

Games continues to crash mid game

I have an ongoing issue where the game is crashing mid game when I am making lineup changes. I was having this issue before the latest patch. I have downloaded and I am using the latest patch (20.6.55) but continue to have the same problem. The last 2 games have crashed mid game when I was making a pitching change in the middle of an inning. Thank you.

wvualum06 09-21-2019 06:01 PM

Mine also does the exact same thing. Every time, I try to make a double switch, the game crashes. Very seldom, the game will crash in other areas. It has always done this, but 10x more in OOTP 20. I have the latest patch as well.

wvualum06 09-21-2019 06:05 PM

I mentioned it 2.5 months ago, and they said it was my computer, so tough luck. I guess two computers have the exact same minute thing, causing the exact same glitch. Now I don't play the lottery, but...

Alex Murray 09-22-2019 01:53 AM

Hey YCC12,

I've seen a couple of reports that look like yours with issues about crashes when attempting to make changes to lineups. If you don't mind can I get a couple of questions sent over and we can see if there's something we can troubleshoot about the issue.

1-What OS are you running? Is it up to date with the latest patch/version?

2-Is this error happening for any save game you play or just this one?

3-Can you get me a tracefile of that error for me and a Dev to look over? It may give us some info about what is causing the issue. To do this:

Open the game and click on Settings
Now click on the Troubleshooting tab.
Finally, click the drop-down menu that says "Don't write OOTP debug info to file".
Change it so that it will be "write OOTP debug info into file".
While we are here we should also select the "open folder containing customization data". We'll come back to this folder after we get the game to crash and generate that tracefile.
Click OK and then exit the game.

Once Trace Mode has been enabled, follow these steps to generate a trace file:

Launch OOTP. You may receive a pop-up saying that Trace Mode is enabled, and that performance may be slower than normal.
Perform whatever steps are required to cause your problem to occur.
Quit OOTP (if it hasn't crashed).

Navigate to that customization folder that we opened earlier. There should be a Debug folder in that customization folder. Find the Tracefile inside of that debug folder and attach it to your reply here.

To disable Trace Mode, simply reverse the steps above. It's important to disable this since the game will run slower with trace mode enabled.

Try those 3 above first and we'll see what else we need to troubleshoot.

Thanks
Alex

YCC12 09-23-2019 08:23 PM

1 - I am using MacOS Mojave version 10.14.6 which is the current version.
2 - I have only 1 saved game which I have been playing so I cannot comment on other saved games.
3 - I have sent the trace file to your e mail since I could not attach to the forum reply.
Thank you.