OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3628)
-   -   SHARING Quickgames - (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=226060)

boots1893 11-16-2012 10:11 AM

SHARING Quickgames -

I'm new to this and I created a STAR WARS fictional league that I thought some people might like to see/play.

Is there a way for me to share it?

I saved it as a quickgame.

I read the manual and how it talks about "servers' but I'm not quite sure on how I would go about this.

I don't know everything - I don't even know how fish work!

Please help!

darkcloud4579 11-16-2012 02:36 PM

You can save a quickstart using a site like mediafire or something like that. Just save the quickstart as a zip and folks can download it. Or contact the folks at ootpmods.com

boots1893 11-16-2012 02:51 PM

Thank you!

The Game 11-16-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boots1893 (Post 3408982)
I'm new to this and I created a STAR WARS fictional league that I thought some people might like to see/play.

Is there a way for me to share it?

I saved it as a quickgame.

I read the manual and how it talks about "servers' but I'm not quite sure on how I would go about this.

I don't know everything - I don't even know how fish work!

Please help!

Can you provide some more details on this league?
Mediafire (as suggested), uploading.com and upload it to ootpmods.com.

boots1893 11-17-2012 05:03 AM

Sure!

I created the league in OOTP 11 and then imported it into 12 and finally 13.

I used almost all of the characters from the new Galactic Files trading card set, leaving out some of the Clone Wars cartoon characters (I was going to make them available for the amateur draft).

I improved the stats of some of the major characters (Vader, Luke, Han, Boba, Obi-Wan, Yoda, etc . . . ) so they would be superstars.

The names database has last names of different races (Wookie, Tranoshan, Ewok, Jawa) as well as different Storm Troopers and famous names (Calrissian, Ackbar, Crumb, Organa).

The Cities.txt file has about 80 cities (Cloud City, Mos Eisley, Imperial City, etc . . .) on about 25 planets or States (Duro, Coruscant, Bespin, Hoth, Tatooine, etc . . .) with somewhat accurate populations. I didn't touch the weather or ballparks, though.

I only made it an 8 team league with 2 subleagues. Here's a screenprint after I drafted and played 1 game.

STAR WARS standings - Gaming Outside of the Shell

That's about all I can think of that I did. Let me know if you have any other questions! I'll post the file some time today.

The Game 05-16-2014 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boots1893 (Post 3409230)
Sure!

I created the league in OOTP 11 and then imported it into 12 and finally 13.

I used almost all of the characters from the new Galactic Files trading card set, leaving out some of the Clone Wars cartoon characters (I was going to make them available for the amateur draft).

I improved the stats of some of the major characters (Vader, Luke, Han, Boba, Obi-Wan, Yoda, etc . . . ) so they would be superstars.

The names database has last names of different races (Wookie, Tranoshan, Ewok, Jawa) as well as different Storm Troopers and famous names (Calrissian, Ackbar, Crumb, Organa).

The Cities.txt file has about 80 cities (Cloud City, Mos Eisley, Imperial City, etc . . .) on about 25 planets or States (Duro, Coruscant, Bespin, Hoth, Tatooine, etc . . .) with somewhat accurate populations. I didn't touch the weather or ballparks, though.

I only made it an 8 team league with 2 subleagues. Here's a screenprint after I drafted and played 1 game.

STAR WARS standings - Gaming Outside of the Shell

That's about all I can think of that I did. Let me know if you have any other questions! I'll post the file some time today.

What types of names did you use for last names of wookies? I forgot which name set I am using for Wookies maybe Chech? but they seem cool then laster on in my league I created many wookies. Argentina, Puerto Rico, Koulo Lumpar. You can see where that is going. I have 30+ planets/nations and used many of the cities from Wookiepedia along with some custom city names especially for Coruscant. I have a ton of custom uniforms. TIE Fighters, Krayt Dragons, X-Wings Lightsabers. etc.
Your link doesnt work.