OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3636)
-   -   2011 based bbcard template (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=205529)

davwms 01-26-2011 06:39 AM

2011 based bbcard template

5 Attachment(s)
Here's a card template where I based the front on the 2011 topps cards. The back is just improvised. It's not quite finished, yet. I still have a little bit of work to do on it.

tarmer 01-26-2011 08:38 AM

These are excellent - would love to get them when available

Chicagofan76 01-26-2011 08:54 AM

me 2 does the ht wt etc show up better when not being viewed online?

TribeFanInNC 01-26-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 (Post 3086712)
me 2 does the ht wt etc show up better when not being viewed online?

Yeah, most bb cards get compressed to a jpeg file when they get posted, so they look fuzzy. The real version will not.

Great work davwms!

Dark Horse 01-26-2011 10:05 AM

Wow!!! i'd like to have this template, as well.

Great work!

davwms 01-30-2011 11:03 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I finally have this set done. It can be downloaded from HERE.

I don't know if anyone has had this problem, but the HOF template keeps trying to force the player picture to be zoomed in, even though I have it set to zoom out and it is causing the picture to be very blurry. It doesn't happen all of the time, either... odd...

Does anyone know if we can set up .xml files for other "Triggers" like Gold Glove Winner ? I haven't tried myself.. just wondering...

Here are examples of the default, all-star, and HOF templates, the first HOF card was created automatically, the 2nd one is one I had it create "manually".

prodgers 01-30-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davwms (Post 3088767)

Does anyone know if we can set up .xml files for other "Triggers" like Gold Glove Winner ? I haven't tried myself.. just wondering...

I'd be interested to know that too. Like maybe for Triple Crown winners? World Series Winners? etc.

klavier 01-30-2011 12:57 PM

These look great, awesome job davwms. I tried before to see if naming the files outstanding_batter_award.xml and outstanding_pitcher_award.xml would use those instead of the default at the end of the season but it still used the default.

cephasjames 01-30-2011 03:12 PM

These all look awesome! Very slick design.

Question about the positions on the regular card: how well do they show with a plain white jersey?

Another question: how well does it handle two teams being displayed for one season on the backside? Every player that you've shown so far has only played for one team.

Thanks! Great job. Professional looking, even.

EDIT: I especially like the copyright date. ;)

EDIT 2: Where'd you get that shadow layer for those jerseys?

MizzouRah 01-30-2011 04:13 PM

So many excellent card sets out there, this one is no exception, thanks!

davwms 01-30-2011 05:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cephasjames (Post 3088841)
These all look awesome! Very slick design.

-Thanks! ;-)

Quote:

Question about the positions on the regular card: how well do they show with a plain white jersey?

- I suppose it looks fine? I rarely use complete white (#ffffff) for a jersey color, I normally go with a mild off white (#efefef) that helps show the shading texture. This one I attached shows what I tend to use as white for my jerseys.

Quote:

Another question: how well does it handle two teams being displayed for one season on the backside? Every player that you've shown so far has only played for one team. Since it got converted to .jpg it shows up blurry here..

-This one I attached will show that.. and it also shows the downfall of using the COMMANDO font... I don't really like how it shows the two teams. Why can't it at least show the teams in the order that the player was on the team? and how can we get that space removed ? I feel that the comma between the teams is enough. :-)

Quote:

Thanks! Great job. Professional looking, even.

-Thanks.

Quote:

EDIT: I especially like the copyright date. ;)

-Thanks, again!

Quote:

EDIT 2: Where'd you get that shadow layer for those jerseys?

-I created it. I actually created a new one for this little project and league that I created and then combined it with the old one that I made a while ago. I use Photoshop and can probably make the psd available for download if anyone wants it.

fhomess 01-31-2011 02:42 PM

I actually like the horizontal bar on these better than the arched bar on the real 2011 Topps cards.

playball335 01-31-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davwms (Post 3088910)
-Thanks! ;-)

-I created it. I actually created a new one for this little project and league that I created and then combined it with the old one that I made a while ago. I use Photoshop and can probably make the psd available for download if anyone wants it.

Please, make it available. :D

cephasjames 01-31-2011 04:16 PM

I still really like these, but the stats on the back, now that I've downloaded this and used it, are tiny... or I'm getting old. :)

cephasjames 02-01-2011 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure if this is fixable, but the city name on the card was too long.

DreamTeams 02-01-2011 12:30 PM

Giving props on this one. Very nice design.

koohead 02-01-2011 02:25 PM

I know this is a limitation of the font set, but accents (and the letters associated with them) are getting lost. I've changed the font set to accomodate but sure wish this can be fixed at the font set level because I really like some of the ones that I can't use.

Athletics17 02-01-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koohead (Post 3089793)
I know this is a limitation of the font set, but accents (and the letters associated with them) are getting lost. I've changed the font set to accomodate but sure wish this can be fixed at the font set level because I really like some of the ones that I can't use.

How do you change the font set?

davwms 02-01-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athletics17 (Post 3089805)
How do you change the font set?

- Within the XML files. You would have to open the .xml files inside a text editor like Notepad and replace the font names wherever they are throughout the file.

I'm thinking about trying to make another version of this one and replace that font that I used. It is basically the font I want, of the fonts that are available to use, but not being able to create the special characters makes it hard to use. I also figured out a way to make the picture on the back smaller and that would help with allowing the stats to be larger.

davwms 02-01-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cephasjames (Post 3089658)
Not sure if this is fixable, but the city name on the card was too long.

It's fixable.. I will see what I can do as soon as I have the time.. :-)