OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   Schedule request (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=241067)

Syxx34 03-02-2014 11:13 AM

Schedule request

I am going to need a custom schedule. However before I work out what I need. I want to know something so I am not wasting my time our anyone that will assist me with actually creating a schedule templates to use. I am trying to make a baseball league with the European soccer style setup. I am trying to implement a world cup thing into the season play like they do for the UEFA Cup! sorry if that's missed typed!

If we put like a three day gap between season games. Can I go in and add playoff games at anytime during the season? What I want to do with those three off days is this:

Day 1 - OFF (Day to rest from season games)
Day 2 - Game 1 between Team A @ Team B
Day 3 - Game 2 between Team B @ Team A

I know i got to do them as playoff games as it will interfere with season standings. Can this be done and if so let me know...and I will work it out. Because I have my league broken down as such.

BLL (12 teams/ 2 sub-league of 6)
PBL (12 teams/ 2 sub-league of 6)
RSBL (8 Teams in one League)

So i need a template for BLL/PBL and I need one for RSBL with those same days off. Dont just make it without letting me know. Just wanted to inform you of league setup but need to know if the first part can be done.

Ike348 03-02-2014 11:59 AM

This could be done... You would have to schedule the UEFA games manually as playoff games, and the games would get grouped in with the home team's league.

The stats would also appear as playoff stats but would get grouped by the home league.

However, I don't know how the league history would play out. You would most likely have to keep track of the cup manually.

Syxx34 03-02-2014 12:20 PM

Thanks....thats what I wanted to know. I am fine with it being the playoffs stats. Since playoffs will consist of these stats:

- World Cup
- League Cups (Regular playoffs after season - Winner of season is the season champion [got to keep track of this manual too])
- Champions Cup (League Association Cup [if you qualify depending on league level you're in and position in your league/division])

Syxx34 03-02-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike348 (Post 3651404)
This could be done... You would have to schedule the UEFA games manually as playoff games, and the games would get grouped in with the home team's league.

The stats would also appear as playoff stats but would get grouped by the home league.

However, I don't know how the league history would play out. You would most likely have to keep track of the cup manually.

LEAGUE OVERVIEW:
If you want to give it a try let me know. As you see the leagues above which are: BLL (12 teams/ 2 sub-league of 6), PBL (12 teams/ 2 sub-league of 6), and RSBL (8 Teams in one League).

WORLD CUP (3 Day breaks - OFF, GAME 1, GAME 2):
I would need 10 of those 3 day breaks. Since I am going to do this for the world cup. 8 groups of 4 teams with top two qualify for playoff part. You will be each team in your group twice (6 series of 2 games). Then it takes 4 of those breaks to do playoffs. So 6 knockout rounds and 4 playoff rounds. Would make 10 of those 3 day break I need to make this work.

SEASON SCHEDULE STRUCTURE: (ALL LEAGUES PLAY 126 GAMES)
- BLL & PBL (12 teams in each. Split 6/6 in two sub leagues)
o They play 6 series of 3 games against each team in there own league. (6x3x5=90)
o INTER LEAGUE PLAY - They play 2 series of 3 games against each team in other league. (2x3x6=36)

- RSBL (8 teams in one league)
o They play 6 series of 3 games against each team in there own league. (6x3x7=126)

Tricky part would be making the schedule and having all with the same break but i guess you know how to handle that. Let me make sure I understood you correctly on one thing. When I schedule the world cup games during regular season. They have to be 1) playoff games which i knew and 2) when I schedule games. The game has to be schedule in the home teams league schedule format? Which I could do simply ingame by going to league schedule and editing in the two playoff games for every round.

Ike348 03-02-2014 12:54 PM

I could easily get this done using existing schedules but I most likely won't be able to get on a real computer until Friday.

What I meant by home team league is that say you have a player on a BLL team. In the World Cup, he plays against (hypothetically) 1 other BLL team, 1 PBL team, and one RSBL team. The stats would be grouped by home league. So 4 of those series (the 3 home and the 1 @ BLL) would be on one stat line and the 2 other series would be on separate lines.

Now, in the League Cup, the BLL team plays all playoff games against other BLL teams. So now the playoff stats would look something like this:

2013 Team X (BLL) - 15 games
2013 Team X (PBA) - 2 games
2013 Team X (RSBL) - 2 games

What I'm getting at is that you can't diffirentiate by tournament.

Syxx34 03-02-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike348 (Post 3651437)
I could easily get this done using existing schedules but I most likely won't be able to get on a real computer until Friday.

What I meant by home team league is that say you have a player on a BLL team. In the World Cup, he plays against (hypothetically) 1 other BLL team, 1 PBL team, and one RSBL team. The stats would be grouped by home league. So 4 of those series (the 3 home and the 1 @ BLL) would be on one stat line and the 2 other series would be on separate lines.

Now, in the League Cup, the BLL team plays all playoff games against other BLL teams. So now the playoff stats would look something like this:

2013 Team X (BLL) - 15 games
2013 Team X (PBA) - 2 games
2013 Team X (RSBL) - 2 games

What I'm getting at is that you can't diffirentiate by tournament.

I didn't know about the separate lines but no biggy. I knew you couldn't separate the stats. Whenever you can do it is fine...still trying to work on everything else i need to plus the financial part to locked in.

Syxx34 03-03-2014 10:50 PM

the only thing i would ask and probably is obvious. I want the first games for world cup to start like 2 to 3 weeks in and have it span out over the whole season. The obvious part is to evenly space them out throughout the season.

Ike348 03-04-2014 07:01 PM

Would you be OK with a game-generated schedule? The GMO schedules I would modify for your purposes don't have league-wide off-days, making it hard to create 3-day breaks. I could easily do this with game-generated schedules.

EDIT: I got a small start on these tonight and I will be able to get them done on Sunday.

Syxx34 03-05-2014 09:12 PM

i dont really care how ike...as youre doing me a favor on something i know little much on. If you use game generated one and modify with the above schedule of amount of games, series matchups, and breaks....I am good with it.

Ike348 03-05-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syxx34 (Post 3653084)
i dont really care how ike...as youre doing me a favor on something i know little much on. If you use game generated one and modify with the above schedule of amount of games, series matchups, and breaks....I am good with it.

I've made the game-generated schedules, I just need to assemble the 12-team one, and then add the 3-day breaks, which shouldn't be hard at all to do in Excel.

Question... do you want the 12-team leagues to have mid-season all-star games, since there are 2 divisions?

Ike348 03-07-2014 07:35 PM

Finished!

1 Attachment(s)
3-day breaks start after game 27 and occur every 9 games. Last 3-day break occurs 9 games before the end of the season. Season lasts 159 days for both leagues.

If things don't line up let me know.

Syxx34 03-08-2014 06:54 PM

alright...thanks ill let you know.