OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   Schedule Request (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=189206)

MrBaseball13 10-04-2009 12:54 AM

Schedule Request

48 teams 2 SL of 2 Divisions of 12 teams each. 58 games played; 5/6 games played vs each division opponent and none vs others. You pick the season start date, I don't really care. All star game is at the end of the season.

Also, only one game series' please. I don't want to play any team back to back during the season. Finally, please make the schedule unbalanced.

Thank you in advance! :)

gmo 10-05-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBaseball13 (Post 2832266)
All star game is at the end of the season.

The All-Star Game can be placed after the last originally scheduled games of the season, say after one offday. If there is a multi-team tiebreaker needed that requires the addition of more games, I am not sure how the game responds. I believe you could end up with a game or games on the same day as the ASG.

Quote:

Also, only one game series' please. I don't want to play any team back to back during the season.
How frequent should the games be? Or, to ask the same thing differently, how long should the season be? Two months? Three? Six?

Quote:

Finally, please make the schedule unbalanced.
I am not sure what you mean by "unbalanced". I use the term to mean playing different types of opponents different numbers of times. If you played division opponents about 12 times each and non-division opponents 6 times each, I would call that unbalanced. What you request with only division games and all opponents played 5-6 times I would call balanced.

MrBaseball13 10-05-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmo (Post 2833331)
The All-Star Game can be placed after the last originally scheduled games of the season, say after one offday. If there is a multi-team tiebreaker needed that requires the addition of more games, I am not sure how the game responds. I believe you could end up with a game or games on the same day as the ASG.

How frequent should the games be? Or, to ask the same thing differently, how long should the season be? Two months? Three? Six?

I am not sure what you mean by "unbalanced". I use the term to mean playing different types of opponents different numbers of times. If you played division opponents about 12 times each and non-division opponents 6 times each, I would call that unbalanced. What you request with only division games and all opponents played 5-6 times I would call balanced.

I suppose you can schedule the all star game whenever. That's not a big deal to me. Also I want the teams to play maybe three or four times a week.

As for what I mean by unbalanced, here's an example.

Balanced:

Game 1: vs Team 2
Game 2: vs Team 1
Game 3: vs Team 3
Game 4: vs Team 4
Game 5: vs Team 2
Game 6: vs Team 1 etc...

As you can see by unbalanced i mean I don't want the games to be played in the same order every time around.

If there is any other questions you have for my schedule, you can use your judgement.

gmo 10-06-2009 12:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
#
# 48 team schedule, 58 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues, each with 2 divisions, each with 12 teams
#
#
# 5-6 games against 11 other teams in division (2-3H/2-3A)
# no interdivision games
# no interleague games
#
#
# Games played about every other day, 3-4 per week
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 6 games
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins first Monday on or after April 1st
# Season thus ends late July
#
# All-Star Game set for 2 days after scheduled end of regular season
#

MrBaseball13 10-07-2009 07:46 PM

When i tried to import it, it said error with prasing file.

Why is this?

gmo 10-07-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBaseball13 (Post 2835046)
When i tried to import it, it said error with prasing file.

Why is this?

I am pretty sure it is because you did not unzip the attachment. You need to import the .lsdl file inside the .zip file attached. If unzip sounds like something new to you, assuming you are in Windows, I think you can right-click on the file wherever it is an choose "Extract All..." to do the unzip.

In testing the file I noted another issue that I probably should have remembered from before. Trying to put the All-Star Game after the end of the season does not seem to work. When you import the attached file as it is now, the ASG will appear in early May on a day with other games instead of after the season. My recommendation would be to insert a break with 3/5/7/whatever games left and put the ASG in there. Will that work for you?