OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   OSA vs my Scout question (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=307633)

krownroyal83 10-20-2019 11:09 PM

OSA vs my Scout question

2 Attachment(s)
So i'm just about to make my first pick in this years draft and to me it's a easy decision to pick the guy in the pictures below. According to my scout he has a potential of 80. According to OSA he only has a potential of 46. No issue there. What i'm wondering is if you look at potential pitching ratings he appears to have much better potential pitching ratings with OSA then with my scout. How is that possible if my scout rates the guy as having a 80 pot and OSA only has him at a 46 pot. Am i missing something?

Sharkn20 10-21-2019 05:30 AM

Are you picking a reliever with the #1 Overall pick? Gosh, nasty Draft then...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Obechkinsbuddy 10-21-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krownroyal83 (Post 4550568)
So i'm just about to make my first pick in this years draft and to me it's a easy decision to pick the guy in the pictures below. According to my scout he has a potential of 80. According to OSA he only has a potential of 46. No issue there. What i'm wondering is if you look at potential pitching ratings he appears to have much better potential pitching ratings with OSA then with my scout. How is that possible if my scout rates the guy as having a 80 pot and OSA only has him at a 46 pot. Am i missing something?

what draft pick is that? I tend to stay away from relief pitchers in the early rounds. can always find great relievers in free agency for under 4 mil a year and also late in the draft. a ton of guys with 2 plus pitches and great stuff.

BIG17EASY 10-21-2019 02:20 PM

I can't explain why OSA's overall rating is so low. But I will make the argument to ignore (or better yet, turn off) overall ratings. There is a lot that goes into an overall rating, and not all highly rated guys are created equal. For instance, the AI tends to overrate position players with great speed and good defensive ratings who can't hit a Little League pitcher.

I will also echo the other two responses - why draft a reliever so high? This guy's changeup will never develop to the point that he'll have three pitches and be able to start. And he's got a long way to go to develop all of his other ratings. Considering he's 18 and has low intelligence, I'd remove him from my draft list all together.

krownroyal83 10-21-2019 07:28 PM

Thanks everyone for the responses. I didn’t notice that his change up was a bad so I’m not going to be choosing him even though it’s the first player my scout recommended. I am looking to stay on topic though. I’m curious as to what’s going on with the ratings.

BIG17EASY 10-22-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krownroyal83 (Post 4550841)
Thanks everyone for the responses. I didn’t notice that his change up was a bad so I’m not going to be choosing him even though it’s the first player my scout recommended. I am looking to stay on topic though. I’m curious as to what’s going on with the ratings.

Can you post screenshots of the scouting tabs for the player with it set to your scout and to the OSA? I'd be interested to see what differences there are in the scouting report.

WIUPIKE 10-22-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG17EASY (Post 4550978)
Can you post screenshots of the scouting tabs for the player with it set to your scout and to the OSA? I'd be interested to see what differences there are in the scouting report.

My guess is that the head scout is rating him as a reliever even though the front page says starter.

BIG17EASY 10-22-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIUPIKE (Post 4550981)
My guess is that the head scout is rating him as a reliever even though the front page says starter.

My guess, as well. That's why I'd like to see the scouting page.

krownroyal83 10-22-2019 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the scouting report.

BIG17EASY 10-22-2019 04:11 PM

If you change the scouting to OSA, does the report change at all? It's interesting to read that, because unless the scout is wrong about his changeup, he's definitely not ace material. He may pitch like an ace on occasion, but it's long been proven that starters in a regular MLB-type set up (30ish teams) can't get by with two pitches over a long period of time. I'd look at his ratings in the editor to see if the scouting ratings match up with his actual numbers in the editor. But I understand if you don't want to look "under the hood" because that's essentially cheating.

EDIT TO ADD: The scouting report also says he throws four quality pitches, but his bio only shows three pitches, and only two of them predicted to be quality pitches. So something's not adding up here.

EDIT TO ADD MORE: A slight factor here could be that your scout last filed a report on June 1, while the most recent OSA report is from April 20. So he may have shown some improvement in that six week window. But that doesn't explain the four pitches vs. three pitches discrepancy.

krownroyal83 10-22-2019 05:10 PM

The Scouting report when I change it to OSA is exactly the same. I'm hoping it was just a one off because it's a bit perplexing.

BIG17EASY 10-23-2019 08:45 AM

Something is definitely off here, as evidenced by the scouting report referencing four pitches. I'd post all three screenshots in the bug reports forum and see what the mods have to say.

EZB 09-29-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG17EASY (Post 4551322)
Something is definitely off here, as evidenced by the scouting report referencing four pitches. I'd post all three screenshots in the bug reports forum and see what the mods have to say.

I have this exact bug in a online league . Osa report mentions four pitches. Pitcher has only 3.