OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   F2P Team Finally Wins in Perfect (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=308889)

HRBaker 12-09-2019 11:56 AM

F2P Team Finally Wins in Perfect

36 Seasons - 22 in Perfect - First Win

It was a fluke (My 96 Wins against a Whale with 125 Wins) but a Win none-the-less. My team has made the playoffs 8 times in 22 years while in Perfect, but always got torn up against the big guys.

THIS time, however, we won the final series 4-3.

My year is complete...

bphilb 12-10-2019 01:16 PM

That is impressive. I have an FTP team that I started a little late, but every time I get into Perfect I get demolished. It's a huge hump to jump over and you have to put together an incredibly solid roster to do so. It's much more satisfying though when my FTP team wins as opposed to my team where I dump money into. Congrats.

Splitter24 12-11-2019 05:35 AM

Congrats! My FTP Pack Only team has been in Perfect now for 25 seasons with 5 playoff appearances. I've only made it as far as the final four once, and that was my first season. It's been a loooong moderately boring grind since. Glad to see someone else grab the ring.

Ty Cobb 12-11-2019 10:22 AM

God bless you! You give rest of us hope.

Lemandria 12-11-2019 12:30 PM

Well done. So, only 15-25 weeks left to go...chuckle.

XX should be done before that.

Give us tips for how you kept your morale up?

mcdog512 12-11-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemandria (Post 4568823)
Well done. So, only 15-25 weeks left to go...chuckle.

XX should be done before that.

Give us tips for how you kept your morale up?

Math is a bit off. Having a good attitude is a huge start would be my guess.

Dogberry99 12-11-2019 01:01 PM

The secret to overcoming depression is to be happy!

Seriously though, OOTP is only a game. If you aren't currently having fun, there is nothing wrong with finding new ways to have fun, whether it be with a theme, tournaments, collections, or anything else. This is ultimately why I have 3 teams, so that I can focus on different aspects of the game with different approaches. In 19, it was packs vs the auction house (and 3rd team that was gold packs only, but... yikes). Here in 20, I have my main team which is primary for both PT and tournaments (bronze specifically), a team focused on collections above all else, and a team utilizing a very enjoyable theme. I find myself going through periods where I heavily favor one of the teams over the others before my interest rotates.

And if all else fails, there is nothing wrong with stepping away for a short amount of time. Why play if you aren't having fun? Upon your return, you'll have a fair amount of points that can be used to help find a fun and interesting direction for your gameplay.

JasonC23 12-11-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogberry99 (Post 4568836)
And if all else fails, there is nothing wrong with stepping away for a short amount of time. Why play if you aren't having fun? Upon your return, you'll have a fair amount of points that can be used to help find a fun and interesting direction for your gameplay.

And, judging by the number of times I've read it on these forums, it's not uncommon to come back to your team after being away for a few seasons/weeks to find they went and won a championship all on their own. :)

Lemandria 12-14-2019 09:59 AM

I've just put the feathers-and-blood puddle into Alexis Infante's capable hands while I concentrate on collections and tournies.

No loss, really.