OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3961)
-   -   Retirement (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303464)

Pirates 05-22-2019 12:14 PM

Retirement

Setup:
No Draft
OOTP Development Engine on
Historical Minor Leagues
I DO NOT have real lineups/transactions checked.

Babe Adams:
Signs with the Cardinals in 1905. 9 out of 10 times he does not make the majors. Babe, Retires around 1911-1913.
Then around 1915 to 1917, he magically reappears on the Pirates roster with his real historical pitching stats.
*** This example happens to many/multiple different players.

My Current Game
Burleigh Grimes has come back 2 times, Retired 3 times, and the Pirates Retired his number twice.
Note-- He never pitched 1 inning after his first retirement. He just comes back then retires.

Thank you.

David Watts 05-22-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirates (Post 4491876)
Setup:
No Draft
OOTP Development Engine on
Historical Minor Leagues
I DO NOT have real lineups/transactions checked.

Babe Adams:
Signs with the Cardinals in 1905. 9 out of 10 times he does not make the majors. Babe, Retires around 1911-1913.
Then around 1915 to 1917, he magically reappears on the Pirates roster with his real historical pitching stats.
*** This example happens to many/multiple different players.

My Current Game
Burleigh Grimes has come back 2 times, Retired 3 times, and the Pirates Retired his number twice.
Note-- He never pitched 1 inning after his first retirement. He just comes back then retires.

Thank you.

So if I'm reading right Adams reappears and all of a sudden he has stat in your OOTP game that don't reflect what he actually did in your OOTP game, but what he did in real life?

Pirates 05-22-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4491946)
So if I'm reading right Adams reappears and all of a sudden he has stat in your OOTP game that don't reflect what he actually did in your OOTP game, but what he did in real life?

That is correct.
He never makes the majors, so he has no MLB stats.
Then he appears on the Pirates (1917) with his real life MLB Stats.

David Watts 05-22-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirates (Post 4491952)
That is correct.
He never makes the majors, so he has no MLB stats.
Then he appears on the Pirates (1917) with his real life MLB Stats.

Please keep bumping this till you get someone to acknowledge it. This is a massive bug that needs to be fixed. Having fake stats inserted into a replay(even if they are real-they're fake you your world) is a league killer in my opinion. Glad you posted about it.

David Watts 05-24-2019 10:18 AM

bump

Spritze 05-24-2019 06:10 PM

the game also retires many players at ages as young as 18 which like your examples is just a bit earlier than one might expect.

Been asking for changes to the retirement function for a couple of versions now but no luck (yet).

mgom27 05-26-2019 05:19 PM

Unretirements by Computer.

Pirates 05-27-2019 11:32 PM

Bump

Lukas Berger 05-29-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4492764)
the game also retires many players at ages as young as 18 which like your examples is just a bit earlier than one might expect.

Been asking for changes to the retirement function for a couple of versions now but no luck (yet).

Spritze, is this a known issue that's been logged in a PT that you know of (The Babe Adams retirement stats thing)?

Spritze 05-29-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukas Berger (Post 4494857)
Spritze, is this a known issue that's been logged in a PT that you know of (The Babe Adams retirement stats thing)?

YES but as I disremember the PT's are usually very specific and concern one or two players like the Adams thing. The non-specific PT'S just concern players as a group getting retired way too soon. This results unilaterally in a dearth of "cannon fodder" for many leagues.

Spritze 05-30-2019 10:21 AM

babe adams flits from the major to the minor leagues during the years in question, the game prematurely retires him sometimes rather than allow him to go to the gamers minor leagues perhaps because the real minors do not yet exist in game in 1906. If players retired in their late 30's instead of early 20's as a general rule this might not happen so frequently?

David Watts 05-30-2019 02:45 PM

But the problem Pirates is detailing isn't a complaint about him retiring early.

If he simply stayed retired, I don't think the OP would be complaining.

What he is complaining about is, Adams retires in or around 1912. He then reappears in 1915-17 and when he reappears he does so with all his real life stats as well.

So as Pirates said, Adams has no big league stats in his OOTP replay. He retires. He reappears. Now he has big league stats. This would be like replaying 1961 and having Roger Maris hit 42 home runs in your replay. Then in 1964 OOTP changes that 42 home runs to 61.

Spritze 05-30-2019 03:03 PM

I just unretired a few players by hand and their real stats only appear in the real stats tab in the player editorer, their career stats are only their in game stats. so I cannot recreate this which makes me think it might be an option I ain't using causing this?

the settings mentioned in the opener match mine but there are a number of unmentionable settings available.

David Watts 05-30-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4495241)
I just unretired a few players by hand and their real stats only appear in the real stats tab in the player editorer, their career stats are only their in game stats. so I cannot recreate this which makes me think it might be an option I ain't using causing this?

the settings mentioned in the opener match mine but there are a number of unmentionable settings available.

I haven't seen it occur myself. Just going by what Pirates is reporting.

I do remember this being an issue with OOTP17.

I could make it happen at will with Clarence Kraft. I would start in 1914. Kraft would be with Boston, but his 3 MLB at bats would never earn him an OOTP at bat. When real minors kick in, he would be a minor league stud. Problem was, all of a sudden those 3 real life at bats with Boston would appear as part of his OOTP history.

Pirates 05-30-2019 04:40 PM

I will start a new league and try to recreate, then I will post a picture.

David Watts 05-30-2019 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I just recreated the Clarence Kraft issue using OOTP20.

Created league in 1912. Fast simmed to 1918. Clarence Kraft never played a game in the OOTP replay ever.

Fast simmed to 1919. Clarence Kraft shows up as a member of the Fort Worth Panthers., The screen shot is of his stat page. You will notice it show him batting 3 times for Boston in 1914. Never happened in OOTP. It happened in real life. Attachment 629202

Spritze 05-30-2019 07:45 PM

these are all his real numbers, major and minor.

if you had him playing 1912-1918 nothing stuck. if you started playing him in 1918 he should begin with these numbers.

David Watts 05-30-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4495363)
these are all his real numbers, major and minor.

if you had him playing 1912-1918 nothing stuck. if you started playing him in 1918 he should begin with these numbers.

He never played in the OOTP replay. NEVER PLAYED. When I checked, he wasn't even a member of the Boston Braves. He was an unsigned free agent. NEVER PLAYED. What you are advocating is OOTP adding fake (real, but FAKE) stats to replays. If I'm doing a historical replay with injuries on and Babe Ruth suffers a career ending injury during his rookie season, I wouldn't want OOTP editing my replay stats to give him 714 home runs. What happens in the replay happen in the replay.

If I do a historical replay, I expect the game to display the stats from my replay. I don't expect it to insert real stats into that history. What is the sense of doing a replay if the stats display stuff that never happened in the replay?

Pirates 05-30-2019 08:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok here we go
Babe Adams Stats before Retirement.

Pirates 05-30-2019 08:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Babe Retires Then Comes Back with Real MLB Stats.