OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   MLBM 2018 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3926)
-   -   MLB Manager Next Year (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=295946)

wodi 11-28-2018 03:05 PM

MLB Manager Next Year

According to twitter, next year MLB Manager will be free and have a brand new operating code!

https://twitter.com/ootpbaseball/sta...551438336?s=21

pizzaddict 11-29-2018 05:24 PM

Today on reddit a new version of the OOTP mobile app was announced called OOTP Go! The way the game will work is you collect baseball cards and then use those cards to create a team of 5 which you use to battle other online players. Pitchers obviously get to use a ranged attack and hitters are melee. The amount of homeruns a player actually hit that season constitutes their strength and how much damage they can do. As you win matches you collect points that you can use to buy new packs of card and hopefully upgrade your team.

Left-handed 11-29-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaddict (Post 4397996)
Today on reddit a new version of the OOTP mobile app was announced called OOTP Go! The way the game will work is you collect baseball cards and then use those cards to create a team of 5 which you use to battle other online players. Pitchers obviously get to use a ranged attack and hitters are melee. The amount of homeruns a player actually hit that season constitutes their strength and how much damage they can do. As you win matches you collect points that you can use to buy new packs of card and hopefully upgrade your team.

This actually sounds awful. Does anybody want this? I was hoping for a more complete game that closely mirrors the full version of OOTP.

pizzaddict 11-29-2018 05:38 PM

Sorry, I should have made it clear that I'm completely joking. I thought that would be obvious, but in this day and age of mobile garbage games I guess it's not.

They are redoing the mobile game based on the OOTP 20 code. Perfect team and fiction modes will be free, seasons will cost money. I think he said it would be something like $5 for the 2019 rosters. It sounds like we might be getting a more fleshed out OOTP mobile game then we previously had.

Left-handed 11-29-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaddict (Post 4398002)
Sorry, I should have made it clear that I'm completely joking. I thought that would be obvious, but in this day and age of mobile garbage games I guess it's not.

They are redoing the mobile game based on the OOTP 20 code. Perfect team and fiction modes will be free, seasons will cost money. I think he said it would be something like $5 for the 2019 rosters. It sounds like we might be getting a more fleshed out OOTP mobile game then we previously had.

Phew! You got me. This sounds more in line with what Markus was saying on reddit. Did he speak to how comprehensive the mobile game will be, or do you know any other details? Will it be the full game essentially?

pizzaddict 11-29-2018 05:52 PM

I don't see anymore info beyond that.

wodi 11-29-2018 06:00 PM

I was under the impression that the mobile (non perfect team) mode would still be available, and improved.

It makes sense now that you are saying they would charge $5.00 for the 2019 roster.

Socali 12-01-2018 09:04 AM

OOTP Go - Encouraging sign...

I am looking forward to seeing OOTP Go. Ultimately, I'd love to see the mobile version match the PC/MAC. I know for smaller devices that seems improbable, at least visually, but I have the latest iPad Pro and well, I think this one can handle it.

No doubt it probably is not because the mobile devices aren't powerful enough but rather the operating systems are limiting will be the caveat to this happening......yet!

My guess is OOTP Go is more about being able to manage your Perfect Team than anything else.

paul.m.w. 12-12-2018 11:11 AM

Ootp Go sounds interesting though I hope seasons and team management won’t get left in the dust, with Perfect Season the new focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wodi 12-15-2018 09:17 AM

Lol how could it get left in the dust more than it currently has over the past 3 years?

paul.m.w. 12-20-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wodi (Post 4405698)
Lol how could it get left in the dust more than it currently has over the past 3 years?

Lol
Touché! Point taken...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wodi 02-11-2019 09:35 AM

Any more updates?

Orcin 02-11-2019 10:04 AM

No official updates. One offhand comment that it will not be released at the same time as OOTP20 but "later in the spring". I hope spring doesn't mean August in German.

wodi 02-11-2019 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin (Post 4431732)
No official updates. One offhand comment that it will not be released at the same time as OOTP20 but "later in the spring". I hope spring doesn't mean August in German.

Jeez, that doesnt sound promising...

murp0560 02-19-2019 12:04 PM

Single Player Campaign

let’s have a single-player campaign featuring the unique rise and modern Babe Ruth, Willians Astudillo.

Also, i still play more hours of mlb manager than anyone else. 🙋🏻*♂️

jfgrauer 02-27-2019 01:36 PM

Ootp go

Just to clarify, MLB Manager is a thing of the past and has evolved into OOTP GO. Markus updated the progress today in the OOTP 20 PT forum.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=299311

The Game 02-27-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaddict (Post 4397996)

I love Star wars Galaxy of Heroes, i play it daily and have spend over $300 on it in 3 years. i was hoping Perfect team would have been more like SWGOH. If OOTP Go is close to swgoh i would play it. If not i wont bother.

AJP 02-28-2019 08:48 AM

This is bad.

Marcus- This is bad. MLB (with a new name) is not coming out opening day! Not until at least, maybe July?

Edster007 03-08-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJP (Post 4442698)
Marcus- This is bad. MLB (with a new name) is not coming out opening day! Not until at least, maybe July?

Maybe it's not bad. I have played iOOTP then MLB Manager since 2011 or 12. If they are revamping the game and it wont be out until maybe July we could be getting some of the updates we have been asking for, I know time will tell but if they were just going to rebrand it as OOTP GO and make no improvements/changes we would see it by opening day.

Some will see the glass as half full, some as half empty and that's ok.

wodi 03-09-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edster007 (Post 4447838)
Maybe it's not bad. I have played iOOTP then MLB Manager since 2011 or 12. If they are revamping the game and it wont be out until maybe July we could be getting some of the updates we have been asking for, I know time will tell but if they were just going to rebrand it as OOTP GO and make no improvements/changes we would see it by opening day.

Some will see the glass as half full, some as half empty and that's ok.

I agree.

Yes, we’ve been burned before, but I do think there is reason for optimism here.

I am very excited.