OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3639)
-   -   Bug report thread (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=218972)

Markus Heinsohn 04-06-2012 04:39 AM

Bug report thread

THIS THREAD IS FOR BUG REPORTS ONLY!

OK guys, the game is now available. It got some final testing over the night and it works very stable. The testers did an amazing job! However, a product as complex as OOTP will never release without bugs. There are thousands of people playing now and they will find things we did not discover.

If the game does not run for you at all, please check here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...l-support.html

If you have problems activating the game read this: http://support.ootpdevelopments.com/...kbarticleid=48

This thread is for PROPER bug reporting! If you find a bug, please post a detailed explanation here. We will take care of it over the weekend. If the game crashes reproduceable for you with a certain league file, please zip the league files (just the *.dat files, you find your saved games in your My Documents folder within the Out of the Park Developments folder, i.e. "My Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 13/saved_games"FTP the league files to our support server (instructions here: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software ) and add the league file name to your post.

On Monday the game will be released to the masses along with patch #1. We will work hard to fix as many reported bugs as possible over the weekend!

This thread is NOT for discussing possible issues with the Major League roster set though! We'll open a separate thread for that.

There is already one known issue, when you play out the first game of a double-header the game crashes at the end when you have "simulate world in the background" enabled in the game options. Please disable this if you want to play out the first game of a double header. We will fix this for the release version / patch #1 on Monday.

Thanks, and enjoy the game!
Markus + Team

Nugget699 04-06-2012 04:48 AM

Ok, I've imported my OOTP 12 league and have noted a few things:

- Start times for games are set to Eastern Time, but my league is based around Australian time so times are set at things like 9am and 2pm ET. Is there a way of changing that to display local time?

- When I enlarge the game to 1680 x 1050 the "j" in Injuries is cut off on the league home page.

- Perhaps not really a "bug" as I've never imported a league before, but Box Scores from games simmed in OOTP12 aren't displaying team logos.

Is there a way to view the html output within the game? I like to look at past scores in the HTML view as they are placed side-by-side as opposed to single-file down the screen like on the "Scores and Schedule" screen when running just 1 conference leagues?

Otherwise, so far so good!

Markus Heinsohn 04-06-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget699 (Post 3290964)
- Start times for games are set to Eastern Time, but my league is based around Australian time so times are set at things like 9am and 2pm ET. Is there a way of changing that to display local time?

You can set the time zone used for displayed times in the manager options screen.

OutfieldGrass 04-06-2012 04:50 AM

Not sure if this is just me or just my computer but when I started a league using the MLB rosters that come with the game my manager photo has a very noticeable blue tint. I changed the skin and that did not help. Currently trying to get face gen photos for all players so I will see if it does the same thing for those as well.

Nugget699 04-06-2012 04:50 AM

God, you've thought of everything!

OutfieldGrass 04-06-2012 04:53 AM

So I downloaded the face gen files in the add on central and the player photos also have a very noticeable blue tint.

cody8200 04-06-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutfieldGrass (Post 3290973)
So I downloaded the face gen files in the add on central and the player photos also have a very noticeable blue tint.

Are you on a Mac?

OutfieldGrass 04-06-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody8200 (Post 3290975)
Are you on a Mac?

Linux. Should have mentioned that. If I set the photo's to black and white they seem to display just fine. Its only when they are set to normal.

Markus Heinsohn 04-06-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutfieldGrass (Post 3290973)

Probably a graphics driver issue. I suggest filing a support ticket.

OutfieldGrass 04-06-2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 3290977)
Probably a graphics driver issue. I suggest filing a support ticket.

Will do. Its very weird though. Everything else displays just fine and I haven't had any issues with any other program. All drivers are updated. Its only the normal setting.

Ghetto Anthony 04-06-2012 05:12 AM

First thing I did when I created my first game was I went to:

Manager Options > Picture > Set Facial Type > African

It continually generates a Caucasian man as my portrait. I cannot get it to generate any other ethnicity either. Selecting "New Fictional Picture" also only generates Caucasian men after 50 or so goes.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Markus Heinsohn 04-06-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghetto Anthony (Post 3290985)

It continually generates a Caucasian man as my portrait. I cannot get it to generate any other ethnicity either. Selecting "New Fictional Picture" also only generates Caucasian men after 50 or so goes.

Yup. Bug. Noted. :)

Edit: Fixed!

Markus Heinsohn 04-06-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutfieldGrass (Post 3290981)
Will do. Its very weird though. Everything else displays just fine and I haven't had any issues with any other program. All drivers are updated. Its only the normal setting.

Try to update the OpenGL driver.

old timer 04-06-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghetto Anthony (Post 3290985)

It's a bug and I just logged it. Thanks for reporting it!

DustinthePOWERHOUSE 04-06-2012 05:22 AM

When a game is finished and it appears in the top right corner the score is distorted and "doubled"

meaning it looks like this:

44 4
22 instead of 2

Also when clicked on the game freezes and closes unexpectedly.

Not sure if this is a consistent thing, but it just happened to me with my first attempt at Real-Sim.

old timer 04-06-2012 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE (Post 3290991)
When a game is finished and it appears in the top right corner the score is distorted and "doubled"

44 4
22 instead of 2

Not sure if this is a consistent thing, but it just happened to me with my first attempt at Real-Sim.

I'm not clear on what you're seeing. What screen are you referring to? Could you upload a screenshot? That would really help. Thanks!

DustinthePOWERHOUSE 04-06-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old timer (Post 3290994)
I'm not clear on what you're seeing. What screen are you referring to? Could you upload a screenshot? That would really help. Thanks!

Oh I'm sorry that would've helped!

Um, I can't load a screenshot because the game closed directly after I encountered the problem. However...

I was in real sim mode and my game (with the Red Sox) had completed. Other games were progressing, but I clicked on the highlighted section of the top right portion of the screen where the final score was located.

(4-2)

After I clicked on it I returned to the home page (the very first page/the original) and the score appeared in duplicate in the top right corner (as previously described) and then immediately after I clicked on the score to check it out (to see the box score and what not) the game froze and closed.

Now, I have not tested whether this has occurred on a more frequent basis, but I wonder why it happened of course.

Was that clear? I can try to be more clear if necessary?

Markus Heinsohn 04-06-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE (Post 3290991)

44 4
22 instead of 2

Got it, fixed!

malichai11 04-06-2012 05:41 AM

Crash to desktop when trying to create a 1995 historical league. I choose options:
Triple A, Double A, Single A.
Use talent ratings and OOTP development engine
Player pictures: All Players
Coach Pictures: All coaches/scouts/managers
Create player pictures: Upon creation
Managing the Royals
Commisioner Mode
Game Name: 1995
Turned off Option Years
Turned off Rule 5 Draft
Turned on allow trading of recently drafted players
Turned off 10/5 rule
Turned on draft pick trading
Changed trading deadline to August 26th
Changed foreigner percentage to 5%
Removed automatically import historical rookies
CUse random rookies from all ers
Base Rookie Fielding Ratings on Career
Pitcher Stamina on Career

Have the all-in-one installed, and also installed the historical facegen pack by Gambo which is almost a completely overlap so I'm not sure a single of of those got installed.

Crashed to desktop before even getting to the Generating fictional pictures thing.

So, I then started another game with all of those same options, but had to change the name to 1995a because it said 1995 already existed (and there is save game folder called 1995 in my data folder, but it can't be selected from the in-game menu).

So my 1995a game was successfully created in that it didn't crash to desktop, but almost every single option I chose when setting up the game went back the default after I started it, except for using random rookies from all eras, and rookie fielding/pitching.

Nugget699 04-06-2012 05:42 AM

OOTP 12 import.

During RTS, I tried to view the game log of a game that was playing live and it showed the game log of the same game ID from the previous season.