OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3643)
-   -   Webhosts Directory (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=132894)

kq76 10-18-2006 01:03 AM

Webhosts Directory

I think I'd like to eventually add a section to the IOLD for webhosts that would like to take on online leagues. If you'd like yours to be added, please post the following info along with any suggestions you may have for the section (e.g. any other info that you think should be listed below). Thanks! In the meantime, at least this thread might be helpful.

Company Name:
Company URL:
Contact Person's OOTP Forum Username:
Contact Person's Real Name:
Contact Person's Email Address:
Contact Person's AIM ID:

Note: Use multiple of the below if you have multiple deals. If you do, please separate them with plenty of space so there's no confusion though.

Note: The options in brackets after the colons are suggestions for your input. The options are not finalized so type what you want there. You can leave it blank, put only one thing, or multiple, doesn't matter.

Package Name:
Package Price:
Space (in Gigabytes):
Bandwidth (in GB per month):
Upload: (FTP, Browser)
URL: (Domain, Subdomain, /you)
Host Ads: (No, Banner, Banner-Top, Banner-Bottom, Banner-Left, Banner-Right, Textlinks, Frame, Popup)
User Ads: (Allowed or No)
Scripting: (CGI, PHP, SSI, FrontPage Extensions, Perl, Python, C, Ruby, any others?)
Pre-Scripts: (Chat, Counter, FormMail, Guestbook, Msgboard, Shopping Cart, Collection)
Date Established:
Last Updated:
Other Features: (Cpanel, Fantastico; MySQL databases; POP3, SMTP, Forwarding, Web-based Email; Autoresponders; Addon domains; Cron; Streaming video, music; Custom error pages; Statistics; other?)
Additional Info:

EDIT: I've also found: http://www.free-webhosts.com/ to be a good directory of free webhosts in the past. I think I'd recommend most webhosts run by fellow OOTPers more though. They understand our issues and are more apt to help with them.

canadiancreed 10-18-2006 09:25 AM

nice idea. SHould be intresting :)

BlueWaldo 10-18-2006 10:56 AM

I'm not really a hosting company. I have a lot of web space for some of my other projects and would like to offer my help to any of the leagues that need it. I love my league (the CBL) and want to make sure leagues are able to continue and don't have to shut down due to hosting costs. Basically I will host your league for free. Because it is free I will require that the space/bandwidth only be used for running an online league (no other persona/business use).

I'm not sure how much space and bandwidth leagues require, but I think what I have listed below will cover it. If you have worried about that, just let me know. CPU usage is more of a limiting factor to me than space/bandwidth so those numbers are flexible. It just helps to have a limit so I can keep track of how much space I have left.

I don't have a website setup for this. Maybe I will set one up soon. Just send me an email, and I will get your account setup. I don't really have a setup procedure setup yet so the first few leagues will have to work with me a little bit, tell me what they need, and test things a bit. After I get a few setups under my belt I come up with a more formal procedure and post it here.

Please don't hesitate to email me if you have ANY questions.

Company Name: No company. My name is Chad
Contact Person's OOTP Forum Username: BlueWaldo
Contact Person's Real Name: Chad DeShon
Contact Person's Email Address: league.host@gmail.com
Contact Person's AIM ID: BlueWald0 (last character is a zero)

Package Name: My only package. Free League Hosting
Package Price: FREE
Space (in Gigabytes): 2GB.
Bandwidth (in GB per month): 20GB.
Upload: FTP, if you want browser upload we might be able to work that out.
URL: You need to have your own domain. (You can have as many domains as you want.) You have to handle registration and renewal, but that is pretty straight forward and I can point you in the right direction. This cost less than $10 per year.
Host Ads: None
User Ads: Allowed. I would prefer you didn't, but it's your league, not mine.
Scripting: CGI, PHP, MySQL, SSI, FrontPage Extensions, Perl, Python, C, Ruby (and Rails)
Pre-Scripts: WordPress (blog), phpBB (forum), Advanced Poll, ZenCart, MediaWiki, Joomla, Gallery, WebCalendar
Date Established: Oct 17 2006
Last Updated: Oct 18 2006
Other Features: MySQL databases, Jabber Chat Server, Cron, Custom error pages, Statistics, log file access, password protected directories (.htaccess)
Email: 30 Accounts: POP3, SMTP, Forwarding, Web-based, Autoresponders, Discussion Lists,

RBLwebguy 10-18-2006 11:17 AM

See http://www.leagueserver.net/ for details

delusional 10-18-2006 05:06 PM

I am confused. What happens in the mean time? Leagues using ootp's site are suspended basically until they ( those leagues ) can find new hosting?

robster1225 10-18-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delusional (Post 1915942)
I am confused. What happens in the mean time? Leagues using ootp's site are suspended basically until they ( those leagues ) can find new hosting?

Actually, I believe that KQ is referring to the interactive online league directory. He wants to add a section to that site for webhosts, so that prospective commissioners might have some guidance when looking for their host.

kq76 10-18-2006 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robster1225 (Post 1915960)
Actually, I believe that KQ is referring to the interactive online league directory. He wants to add a section to that site for webhosts, so that prospective commissioners might have some guidance when looking for their host.

When I said in the meantime in the original post of this thread, yes, I meant until I add a webhosts section to the IOLD that hopefully this thread might be of use.

What I think delusional might be asking about, though, is Andreas's thread at: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=132848 I myself am a bit confused by Andreas's posts which I've asked for clarification on, but I do believe he's giving everyone on the OLS until the end of the year to find new hosting at which time it will close. Don't count on that, though. It's just my interpretation and I might be wrong.

While I started this thread to try to help with the transition, it stands on its own. We probably shoud have started it long ago.

delusional 10-18-2006 09:32 PM

I was refering to that one post. I dont know how this post got in the thread though.

I hope its until the end oif the year but I am not sure. The USBA is still down & Scott has no idea what to do & now he is away for a week.

robster1225 10-18-2006 09:44 PM

Oh, ok. I stand corrected. :-)

f.montoya 01-17-2007 11:19 AM

www.allsimbaseball.com See a listing of AllSimBaseball leagues here.:)
  • 2 gigabytes of space
  • 20 GB of transfer
  • FTP access 24/7
  • Fully ready to use website specifically modified for OOTP Online leagues
  • LIVE tutorials to show you how to do everything
  • Tons of templates to get the right look for your site and forum.
  • Easy URL - www.mysite.allsimbaseball.com
  • Online Manager Controls/Front Office for your GM's who don't have OOTP
  • League Forums/Message Boards
  • Chat Room
  • GM's can submit news articles directly on the site that you can review before publishing
  • Export Tracker to see which GM's are slacking
  • Logo/banner Installation - Have a logo or banner? It will be installed on the website for you
  • Up to 50 email accounts
  • No ads. Ever
  • 100% guaranteed support when you need help
  • Price: $7 per month

aewin 04-24-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBLwebguy (Post 1915224)

Anyone else have trouble accessing this site?

http://www.leagueserver.net/

robster1225 04-24-2007 10:24 PM

I just accessed it just fine. Although I'm not sure if leagueserver.net is still being maintained, I'd contact the webmaster.