OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 15 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3876)
-   -   Personnel not resigning after expired contract (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=245622)

asheft 07-03-2014 11:10 PM

Personnel not resigning after expired contract

Has anyone else experienced this? No matter the level, experience, or talent of a coach, once their contract expires, if you try to negotiate with them they immediately say that they have no interest in signing with your team. It seems like it is a little unrealistic for a coach to not even consider resigning after their contract expires (and is really irritating when I forget to offer an extension to someone during the season)...

RchW 07-03-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asheft (Post 3716549)
Has anyone else experienced this? No matter the level, experience, or talent of a coach, once their contract expires, if you try to negotiate with them they immediately say that they have no interest in signing with your team. It seems like it is a little unrealistic for a coach to not even consider resigning after their contract expires (and is really irritating when I forget to offer an extension to someone during the season)...

IRL if I was working for a team and they didn't discuss a new contract with me before the old one expired, I'd look elsewhere.

asheft 07-03-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RchW (Post 3716551)
IRL if I was working for a team and they didn't discuss a new contract with me before the old one expired, I'd look elsewhere.

True... Maybe I should just try to remember to offer extensions before the end of the season.

RchW 07-03-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asheft (Post 3716553)
True... Maybe I should just try to remember to offer extensions before the end of the season.

I don't use coaches. Does the game allow team options on coach contracts.

asheft 07-04-2014 12:16 AM

I don't think so... I'll check the next time I play.

Fyrestorm3 07-04-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RchW (Post 3716568)
I don't use coaches. Does the game allow team options on coach contracts.

No, the contracts for coaches include no options, incentives, or anything like that. It's just a simple X amount per year.

RchW 07-04-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 (Post 3716739)
No, the contracts for coaches include no options, incentives, or anything like that. It's just a simple X amount per year.

That's one of several reasons why I stopped using coaches. I believe at one point the AI could hire your coach the instant the contract expired and before you could make an offer.:mad:

endgame 07-04-2014 12:51 PM

You might consider using your manager notes and reminders to flag the day to review those contracts prior to the end of the season.