OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 3 - Technical Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3914)
-   -   Promotion Playoff not triggering. (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=278040)

Paawali 05-06-2017 02:25 AM

Promotion Playoff not triggering.

Hello,

So, i just had a dominant season in Finnish Mestis, took the championship, looked at the events tab, showed at the event screen that promotion playoffs should take place at 10th of may, nope...never happened :(

Itīs my 2nd Championship, yet to play promotion playoffs, AI teams have got a promotion to the Liiga, seems like thereīs something wrong when player wins the championship.

Path to Glory - 1st of July 2027. Still in MESTIS :(
(just fyi: couple crashes, nothing serious - thanks to weekly autosave, try again or sim the game which crashed)

ptrhockey 05-21-2017 09:50 AM

I had a somewhat similar issue.

I topped the Mestis regular season, went on to win the playoffs. So far so good.

The promotion playoffs versus the last team in Liiga did not work properly. All the series was simmed as if my team were not in it. However, my team won the series and started the new season in SM-Liiga.

Incidentally, I noticed another bug in the playoffs tree. In the second round, my team (seed #1) played seed #2, which in real life is impossible.

Please note that I had no crashes whatsoever in this game (and I am in year 4).

Sebastian Palkowski 05-21-2017 11:09 AM

I have an idea here (based on another report earlier this week) but I need to talk this through with Malte tomorrow.

If possible, it would help us when you could upload your save (from both posts above).

Thanks for the help!

Sebastian Palkowski 05-22-2017 07:19 AM

There is a missing info in the rules for this relegation. The relegation is played normally, the human team is playing normally in it the problem is that the "continue button" does not recognize the human manager games, so it just simulates them (and does not go to the normal pre-game screen).

There is a workaround:

Once the relegation starts, on game day of your own games, go to the league schedule screen and select "Play" from there. That is only necessary for this particular relegation (between Mestis and Liiga).

Let me know if it helps.

ptrhockey 05-24-2017 07:14 PM

Thanks for the reply, Seb.
As it happens, I quit the team I brought to the Liiga and all the offers I get are from low-profile teams in the lowest series (despite being Manager of the Year in the Liiga, what's up with that, I wonder?). So chances are I will have to go through the relegation playoff again. If I do, I'll let you know if the workaround works.

Paawali 06-03-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4198844)
There is a missing info in the rules for this relegation. The relegation is played normally, the human team is playing normally in it the problem is that the "continue button" does not recognize the human manager games, so it just simulates them (and does not go to the normal pre-game screen).

There is a workaround:

Once the relegation starts, on game day of your own games, go to the league schedule screen and select "Play" from there. That is only necessary for this particular relegation (between Mestis and Liiga).

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks, iīll try it next time. (kinda hard to get a core-group going, Higher leagues are robbing my best players, damn aiīs, get your own ones :D)

Paawali 06-03-2017 08:37 PM

Works...just needs to stop simming...

still in mestis, but at least i got my chance now :)

anyways, i uploaded the save, bc got confused a moment before.

itīs named 4everMestis.zip (game date is 8th of may 2028, few days before those rel. playoffs)